Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Suburban Hive II : Crimson Moon - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Suburban Hive II : Crimson Moon

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

new 2-hour CBP map by MRCK / William Gee / Mikko Sandt / Shawneth / Merlijn van Oostrum / Forge / MetHunter / James 'Jblade' Stanfield / Maarten van Oostrum / Mike Norvak. Beta-tested by Dan 'DeeperThought' G and Forge. Soundtrack by Mike Norvak.

Link to topic at DN-R

This post has been edited by Forge: 12 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

Sweat! I liked the first Subruru Hive and I think I'll like this one too. ^^ I'll give some feedback after I play through. ^^

User is offline   Loke 

I enjoyed it. I liked the general apocalyptic setting with the red lighting and great atmosphere. The BGM was very fitting; it reminded me a bit of the music from the Doom PSX port and Doom 64.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

The perfect counterpart to Micky C's school library. One of the best CBP in terms of overall atmosphere (great 'music', no sudden theme changes). I had a problem with the blue keycard which I could collect but not use (did not show up in the inventory). Plus there is a ledge that can not be reached in DukePlus. (Workaround: jump up and mantle _before_ destroying the grate.) I think it would not hurt to lower that ledge.

...just tested without DukePlus and I had no keycard issue...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bluekey.jpg
  • Attached Image: ledge.jpg

User is offline   Awesomebob 

View PostLeoD, on Oct 12 2010, 03:23 PM, said:

The perfect counterpart to Micky C's school library. One of the best CBP in terms of overall atmosphere (great 'music', no sudden theme changes). I had a problem with the blue keycard which I could collect but not use (did not show up in the inventory). Plus there is a ledge that can not be reached in DukePlus. (Workaround: jump up and mantle _before_ destroying the grate.) I think it would not hurt to lower that ledge.

I'd love to play it, but loading it with HRP crashes my client and regular is too dark and washed out to play. ;)

User is offline   Forge 

View PostAwesomebob, on Oct 12 2010, 07:03 PM, said:

I'd love to play it, but loading it with HRP crashes my client and regular is too dark and washed out to play. ;)

this map doesn't require HRP

open a console
type r_shadescale 1.050
type restartvid

keep playing with the number by increments of 0.010 (0.005 for more tuning, 0.001 for fine tuning) until it's light enough for you to see.

This post has been edited by Forge: 12 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

I loved it! Used DP and the HRP but only had to cheat for a useable key card. Don't recall the color. The end (for me) was very hard to beat! Glad no one was watching me and say,......'You suck!' ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLeoD, on Oct 13 2010, 09:53 AM, said:

@LeoD, What do you mean it's the perfect counterpart to my library level?

More on-topic, I played it and enjoyed it up to the point where, being the relatively inexperienced player I am, I died a few times. Then I started it again and enjoyed it some more. Some of those locations were like OMFG breathtaking, there was a lot of neat stuff packed in there, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played yet.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMicky C, on Oct 15 2010, 10:54 AM, said:

@LeoD, What do you mean it's the perfect counterpart to my library level?

Maybe the online dictionary mislead me. I wanted to express that both maps were great fun to play while being extremely different in almost any other aspect.

User is offline   tryhard 

This map is awesome!
Only problem i got was the final battle... until now i could only finish it in godmode because it is so hard.
If someone has got some hints for me please send me a pm.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

One of the best cbp ever. Too bad this thread only has like 550 views :/

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Played this but didn't get very far; on the first encounter with the miniboss I'm even running out of pistol ammo. Am I missing a super-obvious weapon cache?

User is offline   Forge 

IIRC if you get on top of the building opposite the mini-battlelord (where the billboard sign is) there should be a switch on the wall that opens a section of the wall -stand next to the billboard and looking it, then do an about face- there's an rpg in the room that just opened

i can put up a screenshot if my explanation isn't very clear

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options