Duke4.net Forums: Reply Button Functionality Fixed - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reply Button Functionality Fixed  "Fore Firefox Users"

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Firefox users (3.6.x) including myself had problems with quoting people using the reply button under their posts.

I've finally been able to alleviate this issue and I apologize for the inconvenience during the time you guys had problems with this. I know for a fact that it pissed me off for a long time until I finally figured out what was causing it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

2.3.x? I'm on 3.6.x and I never had any problems.

User is offline   Kathy 

I have a problem with "quote+" buttons. I need to press those and then press "more options" to have a multiquoting. Is this normal? Because just pressing "reply" will quote one message.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 11 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostHendricks266, on Oct 11 2010, 10:24 PM, said:

2.3.x? I'm on 3.6.x and I never had any problems.

Oops, I meant 3.6.x. Glad you never had any problems, though. But even if you did, they'd have been fixed now. ;)

View PostLotan, on Oct 11 2010, 11:20 PM, said:

I have a problem with "quote+" buttons. I need to press those and then press "more options" to have a multiquoting. Is this normal? Because just pressing "reply" will quote one message.

You can also press the "Add Reply" button at the end of the page. Yes, it's normal because the intended use of the "Reply" button under each person's post is to reply only to them in quoting them, whereas the "Quote+" button lets you multiquote if you're going to use the general (not user-specific) "Add Reply" button.

View PostYatta, on Oct 12 2010, 12:09 AM, said:

Firefox users (3.6.x) including myself had problems with quoting people using the reply button under their posts.

I've finally been able to alleviate this issue and I apologize for the inconvenience during the time you guys had problems with this. I know for a fact that it pissed me off for a long time until I finally figured out what was causing it.

hmmm.... I use Opera and never had a problem with this site, smooth as each of the DNF twins (insert body part here).

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Yeah it was a Firefox issue, not an Opera issue. ;)

View PostYatta, on Oct 13 2010, 12:49 AM, said:

Yeah it was a Firefox issue, not an Opera issue. ;)

Umm, just wanted to test it out... Yay, I can actually type in this box now. Nice one Yatta!

What was actually causing it?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

A Java script we used for our WYSIWYG editor wasn't compatible with some of the latest additions to Firefox, so we had to update it. That's as much detail as I can get into. ;)

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That's probably why I never had problems. I always use the code view.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options