Duke4.net Forums: Dnf Weapons - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf Weapons

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

George has confirmed that there will be many weapons returning from Duke 3D in DNF. Those are the shotgun, freezer, shrinker, pipe bombs, tripmines, and the ripper chaingun. What other weapons from Duke 3D do you want to return? I always wanted the devastator to be in the game. :)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Me too :) That gun is so scary. And it combines well with batllelords B)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

RPG with the original Duke3D design... i liked that one

The Devastator was cool, i'd like to see that return, also with original design (well, modified for coolness reasons)

A Flamethrower maybe... no idea how Dukish it is... seems more like a WW2 weapon, and Duke is not really the WW2 kind of guy... but, that depends on the design i guess... That big tank on the back, with a tube spraying flames is DEFFENATELY WW2 design though...

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

No flamethrower please, that's too cliché.

User is offline   Nukem 

Expander is a definite for me, that thing was awsome!

Trip bombs

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostCerberus_e, on Mar 20 2007, 01:02 PM, said:

No flamethrower please, that's too cliché.

I don't know many games that have done them well though...

Only ones that come into mind are Blood, Painkiller: BOOH, AVP (the first) RTCW and Unreal 2... those are the only games i reckon that had pleasing Flamethrower effects... no other game since (that i have tried yet) really had any, or good flamethrowers...

But i guess with "cliché" you don't mean "overused"... because THAT'S certainly not the case... :)

Trip bombs should deffenately return... but this time they should be much more effective in Singleplayer (i found them prety useless in Singleplayer in Duke3D)

User is offline   Nukem 

Trip Bombs could be pretty usefull when you come across a horde of enemies.

User is offline   Micki! 

Then again, i'd think an Alien trooper would be pretty stupid (in a combat kind of way) if he wouldn't notice that at all... it's more a trap-weapon, than a "deploy, and watch'em blow" weapon...
I would also like enemies to actually notice when i throw pipebombs, like any other enemy in most games do with grenades...

I just want the same old weapons but revamped. Also I want BLUE flash fire from the duel golden eagles. This would fit nicely when you are firing explosive tipped bullets, and add a sci fi like effect. :)

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostDragonflyWolfTen, on Mar 25 2007, 07:14 PM, said:

I just want the same old weapons but revamped. Also I want BLUE flash fire from the duel golden eagles. This would fit nicely when you are firing explosive tipped bullets, and add a sci fi like effect. B)

That sounds like a really cool idea. :) I'm excited about the dual eagles. I always thought that there wouldn't be dual weapons after George said there wouldn't be, but I guess those quotes on Planetduke are very old and innacurate now. B)

well of course a desert eagle the chain gun definetly they shuld return and the expander i always loved blowing up them up into pieces but it would be nice if they added possibly a chainsaw :)

User is offline   trackit 

I would like to have some nice and powerful (and i mean POWERFUL) machingun (could be minigun), with wall shattering sound effects and lots of lots of destruction.
i want some gun that you cant maybe carry with you all the time but in those moments when you do get a hold of it you can really BLAST and leave heavily destructed environment behind.

If i pick up some bad ass looking big gun then i want it to act proportionally to its looks :) I hate it when i get some mean weapon and then fire it only to find out how week sound it have and how little damage it causes to surroundings, ok maybe enemies die quicker but this is not the only thing im looking for.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Triple-barreled shotgun kthx.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options