Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 1: The Returning - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 1: The Returning  "(New high-quality Episode)"

User is offline   DNV 

Duke Nukem 1: The Returning

Story:
Duke goes on the trail of radioactive waste, which spread with unprecedented speed and it is unclear where.
The problem has reached large sizes, and someone must solve it until it was too late.
It is likely that Dr. Proton is still alive and that he is behind all this, however, these are only assumptions.

Features of the game:
This is totally new episode, consisting of 10 interactive levels, interlevel room, and one demo level, with its demonstration. Besides, a lot of graphic content is changed in the game, but thanks to the bonus system, you can also play on the five variations of the standard levels, to replace some elements of the graphic content on a new and much more.

Versions of the game:
The game is divided into two versions: "original version" and "version with the bonus system.
Original version represents a game that serves purely for pleasure passage.
Version with Bonus System is more suitable for those who often likes to pass the game with new feelings. The whole point of this version is to find hidden numerical passwords on the levels, which are the passwords of ZIP archives, which contain all sorts of bonuses, additions, new levels and other surprises.
A more detailed description of the version with the bonus system enclosed along with the appropriate version.

Screenshots:
Posted Image

Author of Addon: (_DNV_)
Release Date of Original version: 26.09.2010
Release Date of version with Bonus System: 10.10.2010

Download links:

Download from RapidShare.com: rapidshare.com/files/424280934/DukeNukem1_TheReturning_2in1.zip
Download from dukecoolass.narod.ru: dukecoolass.narod.ru/DukeNukem1_TheReturning_2in1.zip
Download from Narod.ru: narod.ru/disk/25922541000/DukeNukem1_TheReturning_2in1.zip.html

Have fun! ;)

This post has been edited by DNV: 10 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

You really should tell people what this is for. Otherwise, folks are going to be confused.

User is offline   DNV 

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 11 2010, 01:05 AM, said:

You really should tell people what this is for. Otherwise, folks are going to be confused.

Screenshots coming soon ;)

User is offline   DNV 

All Screenshots from Original version of addon:

dn1tr_01.PNG
dn1tr_02.PNG
dn1tr_03.PNG
dn1tr_04.PNG
dn1tr_05.PNG
dn1tr_06.PNG
dn1tr_07.PNG
dn1tr_08.PNG
dn1tr_09.PNG
dn1tr_10.PNG
dn1tr_11.PNG
dn1tr_12.PNG
dn1tr_13.PNG
dn1tr_14.PNG
dn1tr_15.PNG
dn1tr_16.PNG
dn1tr_17.PNG
dn1tr_18.PNG
dn1tr_19.PNG
dn1tr_20.PNG

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Cool, can you give Duke a bigger gun?

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I remember vaguely the release of editing tools for DN1...didn't know people actually did stuff with it. I wonder if my brother kept the floppies of Duke 1 and 2.

User is offline   DNV 

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 11 2010, 06:51 AM, said:

Cool, can you give Duke a bigger gun?

Thanks ;) Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, and I don't know how to do it.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Looks great man. ^^ I'll have to put up my Dukes and give it a try. ^^

Lookin' pretty good, DN1 was my first Duke game. So that is why I like it ;)

User is offline   DNV 

Duke Nukem 1: The Returning. 2017 Edition

Posted Image

It is the updated version of the mod. This edition of "The Returning" contains some changes and assembled from both versions of the mod (with new sprites/textures).
In addition, now you can see full walkthrough of this game on YouTube: Duke Nukem 1: The Returning - Full walkthrough

Download link 1: Mega.nz
Download link 2: Drive.Google.com

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

Nice. I never played the original mod, but I have to say I like the new artwork in this mod.

By the way: Since you appear to be using an unmodified version of the game's executable, you should be able to play this in ReDuke as well. ReDuke would even allow you to replace all text messages ever shown in the game (in case you want to add some story elements).

User is offline   DNV 

View PostK1n9_Duk3, on 28 April 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Nice. I never played the original mod, but I have to say I like the new artwork in this mod.

By the way: Since you appear to be using an unmodified version of the game's executable, you should be able to play this in ReDuke as well. ReDuke would even allow you to replace all text messages ever shown in the game (in case you want to add some story elements).

That's interesting. Thanks :(

It certainly works with ReDuke without any other files needed.

And damn, DNV, do you hate us or something? Those levels are simply punishing!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options