Duke4.net Forums: Donation drive for duke4.net - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Donation drive for duke4.net

User is offline   keiron 

Hello,

I've been visiting duke4.net for years. Yatta does an excellent job and I'd like to help him by raising funds to improve the site. There is a youtuber called The Amazing Atheist who does 24 hour blogtv videos, during which his followers can donate to him. He earns quite a lot per live event - I'm sure it's in the thousands of dollars.

I'd like to do the same thing for duke4.net on the day DNF is released. I'd set up two cams and stream myself playing DNF for 24 hours - from the initial opening of the box to completion of the game (then play multiplayer if I have time left). I will also describe what's going on and comment on any references in the game.

I've got a large modern TV and I will get decent cameras so the quality will be great.

I realise that some people would not like to spoil the game for themselves by seeing someone else playing it, but I believe others would like to see it. An example would be someone that is playing the game at the same time as me or someone that has already completed the game (in case they received it before me).

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Keiron

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Bad idea.

EDIT: I will edit this with my reasons why later.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 05 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Intriguing...

If it's humorous.. it could work. It has to be entertaining.
No idea though, how Take2 will react to complete video walkthroughs of DNF on Youtube.

User is offline   keiron 

View PostSplat, on Oct 5 2010, 10:22 PM, said:

Intriguing...

If it's humorous.. it could work. It has to be entertaining.
No idea though, how Take2 will react to complete video walkthroughs of DNF on Youtube.

I think it will be humorous :-) I'm pretty sure all my Duke impressions coupled with my excitement will be enough to make a few people laugh :-p Also I'm hoping it will be interesting as I will talk about the history of Duke. There will be a chat room for people to talk to me and make requests.

Not sure about Take2's thoughts either, but this will not be put on youtube - it is a live stream.

User is offline   ferran275 

View Postkeiron, on Oct 5 2010, 01:54 PM, said:

I think it will be humorous :-) I'm pretty sure all my Duke impressions coupled with my excitement will be enough to make a few people laugh :-p Also I'm hoping it will be interesting as I will talk about the history of Duke. There will be a chat room for people to talk to me and make requests.

Not sure about Take2's thoughts either, but this will not be put on youtube - it is a live stream.

im sorry, but who would want to watch 24 hrs of DNF? no thanks, I'll just play it 24 hours straight on my own ;)

is the site hurting for money? I guess next pay period I could put in a few bucks if needed...

User is offline   keiron 

With 24 hour streams people tend to dip in, have a chat and watch live, then dip out again. They don't usually watch for the whole 24 hours.

User is offline   Hank 

View Postkeiron, on Oct 5 2010, 11:02 PM, said:

With 24 hour streams people tend to dip in, have a chat and watch live, then dip out again. They don't usually watch for the whole 24 hours.

Amazing Atheist has a clear defined mission. What is yours?

How would playing a game on YouTube help this site? Will you talk about this site while playing Duke? Will you mention over and over what this site means to you and others whilst having waited for this game? When playing DNF on YouTube is it not more probable, that inadvertently, you promote the game DNF but not this website?

Also, if this site needs cash, say something. DNF is so 'overwaited' (12 Years), by the time you got your chance on YouTube it may be too late for this site.

p.s. I will never buy this game. I'm making my own. ;) Look at the eduke32, HRP etc. it rocks.

As always take my post with a grain of salt!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostHank, on Oct 6 2010, 03:25 AM, said:

As always take my post with a grain of salt!

Should i eat your post then? ;)

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 06 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostHank, on Oct 5 2010, 11:25 PM, said:

Amazing Atheist has a clear defined mission.

What, to be retarded?

Anyway, I honestly don't know why anyone would want to watch someone else play through a game for 24 hours (and I watched my friend beat BioShock from beginning to end) especially not with amateur Duke impressions.

But if Yatta goes for it, sure I'll toss in. I've been an asshole so far, the least I could do is toss in some money as emotional compensation.

it doesnt really matter if you dont understand why some people would like to see some other people play a game. its a fact that people watch that stuff. im just not sure how many is going to watch you play... well i cant really see a reason now to do it if you would like to play 24 hours straight?

User is offline   Alexx 

I cant see many people from outside the site geting involved.You would have to make alot of people aware of it before you commit to the idea, and make sure you will have enough viewers to make it worth your while.

That said if the site needs improvements that the owners cant really afford at the moment,it would be better just to ask the community as a hole to chip in and help.Rather than go to the lengths you have explained to make cash.

Although you have good intentions behind your idea i dont see it geting a great deal of attention.Unless you already have a channel with thousands of views already?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options