Duke4.net Forums: SST - TCs ethics - Sprites - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SST - TCs ethics - Sprites  "N00b questions"

User is offline   Hank 

As with all newbies, here is my set of questions, again, I have no clue how to extend key words into four letter words to search the forum - minimum is four letters per word for a search. ;)

1 SST – Crashes, a lot. To fix it, some maps need to be corrected, and one enemy needs some re-write. It gets stuck in the paralaxed? sky. The launcher does not work (it needs to go through Eduke). I need permission to fix all that. Where is SST hosted? Is it hosted? Is there a point to fix it for the public?

2 What is the trick with the weapon sprites? They look static and 2D in the game. The plant, Cacktus? Hurt but cannot be destroyed, is that a 1.3 issue or a general one?

3 A long time ago, when I assumed Duke is gone 'forever' I took maps, enemies and weapons from my favourite TCs and made a new one, with new enemies and some other surprises. They look familiar but behave a little different. Map wise it’s 50/50, art wise its 10/90. Code wise 100/0. What's left is gravity for two of my maps. ( well Vista came, and I moved on ) Once that is done, would there be any interest?

Cheers ;) ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options