Duke4.net Forums: (WIP) Area_102_Alpha - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(WIP) Area_102_Alpha  "twice as secret as area 51! O_O"

User is offline   Awesomebob 

Based on the first map I build for any game (DOOM II). That map 16+ years ago was flippin' huge. With the duke translation I decided to section it out and try for an episode... I'm feeling ambitious!
Map is designed to be used with HRP and requires Duke Plus and polymer to be playable.

Not very far in as this first room is giving me fits. Once I get out of that room, building should go much faster. I'll toss screen shots up as I go ;)

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Pics WAY too big. Fixing

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0001.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0002.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0003.jpg

This post has been edited by Awesomebob: 03 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

User is offline   CruX 

Looking great so far!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

There are some nice details in there, and it's great to see another polymer map ;)

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostMicky C, on Oct 4 2010, 04:46 AM, said:

There are some nice details in there, and it's great to see another polymer map ;)

Empty, large, yet so detailed. Polymer really will make this level look great, I like the clean architecture and details, looking forward to this. ;)

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostMicky C, on Oct 3 2010, 09:46 PM, said:

Wont be long now for me to enjoy the polymer effects! New rig should be running in a week or two.

Fit room is done for the most part, maybe a little polish later. I celebrated by fleshing the rest of the complex out. Still needs a few more rooms in the empty spaces.

Here's some clipped shots to show overall size:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0001.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0002.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0003.jpg

Map is coming along. Ran into something I don't like, and don't know how to fix it.

I want the force-field effect (does the little "fwoosh" thing when you shoot it, with the impact graphic) with out a visible force-field. I've seen it done in other maps, but can't figure out how to do it. See pic for the bane of my progression ;)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0005.jpg

If you turn the mask off for that wall it should make the forcefield dissapear, but because the map has that mask stored on that wall it will still act as if the force-field is there.

Could be wrong, but it can't hurt to try.

User is offline   Spiker 

If I remember correctly there are 2 kinds of forcefields and they have different tile numbers. Just jump into E2L1 and copy some forcefield which isnt visible and paste it over your forcefields ;)

Went to E2L1 and copied the (definitely different) texture and it worked. Thanks, Spiker.

Time for some shots!

2d overview
Posted Image
3d Mode
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options