Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D FREE for Iphone - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D FREE for Iphone  "today only"

User is offline   ReaperMan 

If you got an Ipod touch, Iphone or are thinking of getting one download it now because its free.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duke-nukem-...d325995561?mt=8

Nice one... managed to grab it with ten minutes to spare!

User is offline   Sebastian 

It still costs too much. ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Thanks a tonne reaperman! It plays a lot smoother and more enjoyably then I remember, but that's probably because I have a much faster iPhone now, and I was really bored when I got it ;)

View PostRusty Nails, on Oct 1 2010, 07:35 PM, said:

It still costs too much. ;)

Yeah the controls are horrible.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

In my opinion, this port is an abomination and ruins Duke's good name. It's a reflection of George Broussard losing touch even with the simple task of overseeing external project developments. ;)

User is offline   Lunick 

I dotn have an iphone/ipod touch but Ill download this incase I ever get one

:EDIT: Just looked into the files, the Duke3d.grp is in there, I think its the 1.3d one and it runs in eduke32 but the user.con file says its 1.5.... All the sounds are .wav files

This post has been edited by Lunick: 01 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

Umm... is that first screenshot from the HRP?

User is offline   ZedSlayer 

Damn, why can't I have an iPhone\iTouch to get this? WHY WORLD WHY!?

Its a two day deal now, its free today aswell.

• Honored Donor

What? It's free for a limited time only? I thought they gave up and decided to make it free permanently since no one was going to buy it anyway.

And why the hell did they take out the ingame music?

User is offline   Jinroh 

Awesome, just got it, now to throw onto my iPod Touch. Haha. Thanks for the heads up.

The free deal should end sometime today so download it now!!!!!!!!! ;)

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostMicky C, on Oct 3 2010, 06:41 AM, said:

And why the hell did they take out the ingame music?

Alanis Morrisette bought the composition rights from Lee Jackson and Bobby Prince in 2008.
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/07/alani...ndtrack-rights/

^DON'T CLICK ON THAT

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

thanks pikachu, you made my day.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Damn, kinda hard to play but kinda cool. Haha.

The Kimono girl in E3L1 have been censored? They now have bikini top on under the kimono?! Why do statues need bikini top?!

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 03 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

• Honored Donor

Also the strippers in red light district are missing the frames where they 'shake it' baby.

User is offline   Lunick 

Ok, this is what I found

3 females have been changed
The date on the grp file is 6 July 2009

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: female1.JPG
  • Attached Image: female2.JPG
  • Attached Image: female3.JPG

This post has been edited by Lunick: 04 October 2010 - 01:19 AM

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 1 2010, 06:38 PM, said:

Yeah the controls are horrible.

Yeah but when i downloaded the patch the were just behind acceptable.

Guest_Pikachu_*

The reason the iPhone port is shitty is because they are targeting the iPhone users who have never played Duke Nukem 3D but have heard of it. The iPhone people are like "Hey, I'm going to try Duke out so I can pretend I'm all hardcore and oldschool", play it and find out it's shit (the port not the game, but the port will make them think the game is shit) and go back to the even shittier Call Of Duty Zombies. 3D Realms doesn't care about the reputation of the franchise, they don't own it anymore and besides iPhone users aren't going to rush out and buy DNF over Tap Tap Revolution 3 or Bejeweled 8 anyway so there's no loss of sales. (A more fun but completely fake theory would be that 3DR is sabotaging the port on purpose to intentionally give Duke a bad name because they're jealous that Gearbox is actually a company who can do good things with the franchise.)

It's just a quick, lazy and dirty cash-in game, no need to be upset over it. Besides, who wants to play Duke on a portable anyway? If you want to play Duke and have access to a computer, than it's useless. Tetris and it's ilk are better time-killers so it's useless in that department too.

About the only thing it IS useful for is to gloat to your friends about having Duke on the iPhone, and having them get jealous for all the wrong reasons. And the game actually seems to do pretty well in that regard, so mission accomplished!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Pikachu: 04 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostMicky C, on Oct 4 2010, 12:52 PM, said:

Also the strippers in red light district are missing the frames where they 'shake it' baby.

Yeah I just tried it and was like WTF what a cock tease. ^o^

View PostLunick, on Oct 4 2010, 03:11 PM, said:

Ok, this is what I found

3 females have been changed
The date on the grp file is 6 July 2009

I see, I see. Apple, 3DR, whomever, what is with this censorship?!

View PostJinroh, on Oct 4 2010, 06:29 PM, said:

I see, I see. Apple, 3DR, whomever, what is with this censorship?!

Censorship nazis have struck again! ;)

• Honored Donor

Hey I know, let's have a race to see who can finish the game first ;)

User is offline   Jinroh 

Haha. I'm on E1L3 getting those jumps through the vent and up to the stage were killer in Red Light District. >_> Christ I can't wait until the spinning gears in Death Row.

Edit: Made the Death Row jump first try. Killed the trooper, got the RPG, went to hit the open button to get the keycard, but was one pixel off. TAPSHOOT RPG SHOT TO THE WALL DEAD...sonofabitch. Got it the second time around though haha.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 04 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

• Honored Donor

Well I haven't killed myself that way... yet. I just got the red key card in toxic dump ;)

Edit: I'm up to the abyss. I'm pretty annoyed though because I hit the secret level nuke button and it seemed to end the episode instead of taking me to spaceport. I then went back and rushed past all the atomic healths and ammo to get where I am now. I thought spaceport was a good level and I can't believe they didn't put it in.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 04 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostMicky C, on Oct 5 2010, 10:09 AM, said:

Well I haven't killed myself that way... yet. I just got the red key card in toxic dump ;)

Edit: I'm up to the abyss. I'm pretty annoyed though because I hit the secret level nuke button and it seemed to end the episode instead of taking me to spaceport. I then went back and rushed past all the atomic healths and ammo to get where I am now. I thought spaceport was a good level and I can't believe they didn't put it in.

I just got the red keycard in Toxic Dump too. Now I'm in the underwater area, but I gotta run to the store. =_=

• Honored Donor

I'm now on the third level of Lunar Apocalypse ;) but the reason I've been going so fast is because I was on holiday, which is now over ;)

User is offline   SwissCm 

View PostMicky C, on Oct 5 2010, 11:09 AM, said:

Haha, jesus how fucking awful. I'm pretty certain that's a bug rather than a deliberate decision.

EDIT: Yep, Launch Hanger is in the GRP, though it's the only secret level that is. The others episodes have the secret levels ripped out of them.

This post has been edited by SwissCm: 05 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

• Honored Donor

Don't tell me I got the name wrong :'( Anyway it makes sense to strip the others, I found them boring even on the PC, and wel... I couldn't finish half of them... ;)

And I've progressed one more level ;)

Edit: how do you extract the GRP?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 06 October 2010 - 11:02 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options