Duke4.net Forums: Make HANGLIGHT sprite undestroyable - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make HANGLIGHT sprite undestroyable

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Is there anyway to make the hanglight sprite undestroyable? Or otherwise make the light change when it is destroyed?

User is offline   Stabs 

I can give u an example map of what you will have to do, but you will have to wait and its a bit too complex to explain

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Okay, thank you.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 29 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

User is offline   CruX 

Well, as it was discussed in this thread, all you really have to do is copy/paste the light to a different tile, and you'll have the same thing without any hard-coded behavior that forces it to break. Of course, you can also code it in, and if you want the light to change actors when it's hit, you're going to have to code that as well, but at that going rate you may as well just make an entirely new actor that just switches picnums when hit.

User is offline   Awesomebob 

View PostEmericaSkater, on Sep 30 2010, 12:28 AM, said:

Well, as it was discussed in this thread, all you really have to do is copy/paste the light to a different tile, and you'll have the same thing without any hard-coded behavior that forces it to break. Of course, you can also code it in, and if you want the light to change actors when it's hit, you're going to have to code that as well, but at that going rate you may as well just make an entirely new actor that just switches picnums when hit.

DaNM would be the one to talk to, as he's done this in his DP mod (http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry55362)

This post has been edited by Awesomebob: 30 September 2010 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

i was going to post a tutorial but then i got high ;)

I was playing around with it, unlike my usual DNE lightmodel the hanglight dosnt sit on top of another very well, and they need to be offsetted because they need to be in different sectors because of SE150

You'll see when i post it, its just the DP light effect (extra 4911) needs to start as off and it also needs to be visible at all times, i can stack another 4911 light on top of that with the glow effect, and when you destroy it, that disapeers and leaves the off light to start its flickering effect and the only way to get the light flicker to line up correctly is to make sure its turned off first, ill post up the map i was using in 6 hours, also uses additional def code

you could just conjure the hanglight with prop sprites but they exclude coding so they wont break, but they also stop the flickering (extra 4911) effect.

Ive differed this effect from the one i mentioned earlier because actual sprites are easier to line up and place correctly than prop sprites

This post has been edited by DanM: 30 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

User is offline   Awesomebob 

View PostDanM, on Sep 30 2010, 06:48 PM, said:

i was going to post a tutorial but then i got high ;)

Dammit... Now this song will be stuck in my head for DAYS!

This post has been edited by Awesomebob: 30 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

lols oh yes it was some really really really nice weed ;)

User is offline   Stabs 

done

3 lights, one breakable by fire hydrant, one breakable that starts flashing and one breakable that turns off, ones you shoot at use dp chains so they are a bit hard to hit

if you look at the map you'll see how it works

Attached File  ldemo.zip (2.77K)
Number of downloads: 199

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options