Duke4.net Forums: Timer with droplets? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Timer with droplets?

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I've never really used droplets before in Mapster, I'm working on a fairly big level at the moment, and I was wondering if there was a way to make droplets\rain fall intermittently. Like for 15 minutes it falls, then for 15 minutes it doesn't. If this is possible, is it possible to make the lighting change accordingly? I think that I'm going to have to add some code to the CON files or something to do this, but I'll eventally get it, thanks in advance.

User is offline   Stabs 

it would be possible in DP if it supported on / off for rain, and yes i could set it up on a very fine timer

• tile 1018

View PostDanM, on Sep 29 2010, 04:11 AM, said:

it would be possible in DP if it supported on / off for rain, and yes i could set it up on a very fine timer

Thanks, you don't have to do it though, I just thought it would be an interesting idea to make it more realistic. Is there anyway to make snowfall?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah dukeplus does fairly realistic snow as well. You've got to hand it to DT he's got a pretty solid mod there. Also with lighting I'm not too sure about this but if you set up cyclers and have a really long cycle it could add a somewhat decent day/night cycle if that's what you're after :)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

@Spirrwell

If the map gets to the point where it looks like it might actually be released, I would be happy to add in a system for turning off/on rain and snow.

Sometimes people make requests for features and then disappear again without finishing a map. If I added a feature for every request there would be dozens of unused features cluttering the code and taking up memory.

Feel free to post screenshots of your wip map any time.

The pic in your sig is way too big, man.

• tile 1018

Yeah, I understand, I doubt I'll finish the map, I'm getting to the point where I have one idea and it's too big to put down. I might finish the level in a year or two if I stay committed though. I'm building it to replicate a town.

As for my signature's picture, sorry, I just put it on my website this morning, I'm going to resize it soon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options