Duke4.net Forums: Release date in Feb 2011? I don't think so... - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release date in Feb 2011? I don't think so...

Thank you Laokin:)

we re not alone , definitely.

From now on many more trolls will show their true colors on these forums.
We gotta be prepared:P.

Let's wall in , terran style.

User is offline   Laokin 

View PostLuther Blissett, on Oct 10 2010, 10:08 AM, said:

Thank you Laokin:)

we re not alone , definitely.

From now on many more trolls will show their true colors on these forums.
We gotta be prepared:P.

Let's wall in , terran style.

Haha.... Just make sure you got some SVC's on the bunkers....

Oh by the way, I edited my post, with thumbnail images of all 4 halo's. Much better now.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

SCV good to go!

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 8 2010, 01:08 AM, said:

When Crysis first came out and I first played it, for me it was the most cinematic and ambiental FPS game that I've played since F.E.A.R and Hl2 ,which for me were also top notch when they came out.
All the Crysis haters are people that couldn't run it maxed out without stuttering because of their old rigs and when they saw that it refuses to run well on their shit pc's, they formed an international hate club and started posting shit about the game, everywhere they went! For the most part, they've managed to spread lies and shit about the game and get other people believe this shit too.
To hate Crysis and bash it stupidly, isn't just a simple debate anymore, it's an international sport for some people
IMO, Crysis haters and Gta4 haters are the same people in many cases, though GTA4 did have some serious bugs when it first came out but as time went by and patches came out that got fixed .

Quoted for Truth.

User is offline   Laokin 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Oct 10 2010, 10:54 AM, said:

SCV good to go!

Quoted for Truth.

I agree to an extent, sure that population does indeed exist.

Where I disagree however, is that Crysis was a good game as a game. It felt like a tech demo to me, and yes I could run it. It was gorgeous, but painstakingly boring to me. Remember what is fun to one is just a subjective opinion -- it doesn't make it automatically fun for the rest of the world. I simply have just played better games than it. I.E. Far Cry.

Nothing against Crysis 2, that might be a great game -- we'll just have to see what they have learned from the whole Crysis folly.

Oh btw, Vanilla Crysis sucked IMO, couldn't even get to the alien parts. However warhead, was MUCH more fun -- and that surely wasn't because of "new" features. The objectives were just -- better.

I don't know, i really liked Crysis.

There was something good about grabbing a guy by his throat and throwing him on his teammates while being superarmored and jumping off a cliff.

I probably spent too much time with it and finished it 4 times. It felt really Far Cry-ish to me. The way i could play the levels in at least 3-4 completely different ways.

One thing i loved about Crysis is that i really felt like an hollywood action movie hero.

What was that you didn't enjoy in it? Because i loved Far Cry (1, not 2 ) when it came out too and Crysis felt pretty similar to FC , even though i admit Far Cry gave the player a lot more freedom than Crysis.

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostLaokin, on Oct 10 2010, 09:44 AM, said:

This is why he's a troll, he picked an argument he himself doesn't even agree with.

Pwnt.

God forbid somebody who is actually willing to discuss in a calm respectful manner. Clearly Raziel is the troll here!
/facepalm

You don't discuss things going into technical matters WITHOUT any techincal knowledge whatsoever and expect people not to be pissed.

Especially when its about a game that has taken 14 years to come out and is managing to actually *look* good.

Would you go on a guitar forum and start pissing on Michaelangelo Batio or Steve Vai saying Billy Joe is actually a lil bit better?

I suggest you try that and see how they brand you. I bet on troll.

User is offline   Jeager1999 

God I hope its not April 1st. Please god don't let it be April 1st. I consider that a Bad Luck Omen since 3DR's Days.

View PostLuther Blissett, on Oct 10 2010, 12:37 PM, said:

You don't discuss things going into technical matters WITHOUT any techincal knowledge whatsoever and expect people not to be pissed.

That's ironic.

How can you see Raziel as someone without any technological knowledge whatsoever when he time and time again proved his points with technical backup and references?

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 10 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

User is offline   Laokin 

View PostRusty Nails, on Oct 10 2010, 01:49 PM, said:

That's ironic.

How can you see Raziel as someone without any technological knowledge whatsoever when he time and time again proved his points with technical backup and references?

I suggest you read my post on the previous page as to why his entire argument is 100% factually wrong. From another person WITH technical experience and knowledge.

Moving on, as for what I didn't like about Crysis -- It seemed to lack and kind of personality to me, it was just boring and failed to grab me. Took way to long to get to the actual plot of the game and the armor abilities while being cool, felt a little dry. I went through the game like this. Cloak, Regen, Cloak Regen, Cloak Regen. When I changed it up, it was just a mindless run and gun, speed/strength/regen. I felt like the suit almost made you too powerful? The A.I. wasn't particularly smart either. I felt pretty much the same about Far Cry 2. Big emphasis on bad A.I. in that game... over all though, I think I enjoyed FC2 more.... as a game.

Also, Crysis isn't so phenomenal looking anymore. Crysis 2 on PC should put Crytek on top again however.

View PostLaokin, on Oct 10 2010, 05:17 PM, said:

I suggest you read my post on the previous page as to why his entire argument is 100% factually wrong. From another person WITH technical experience and knowledge.

I did, and I think it's a shame you felt the need to bring such a condescending attitude into the debate. I'm not disputing either one of you either, for your information. All I ask is for people to get off their high and discuss in a civilized manner.

View PostLaokin, on Oct 10 2010, 04:17 PM, said:

Crysis 2 on PC should put Crytek on top again however.

Wrong! Crysis is still the best looking game released to this day.

View PostLaokin, on Oct 10 2010, 04:17 PM, said:

Also, Crysis isn't so phenomenal looking anymore.
Crysis 2 will most likely be under crysis's graphics judging by the gameplay videos that I've seen until now.
It's pretty easy to realize that crysis 2, being a multiplatform game, is going to have smaller and simpler maps that are suited to work on the console limited hardware.
Just running crysis 2 on pc after it was designed with console limitations in mind, isn't going to make the game look better than crysis 1 that was developed just for pc.
Sure, crysis 2 will most likely look better on pc than on consoles, but that's because on pc multiplatofrm games get higher res textures and AF and AA support.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

Just an update on the topic, I spoke to Randy and the dude involved with marketing the game in Australia, and while they did not give me a straight 'no' - they did say the date on amazon etc. is not a date that they have provided to those shops. They said they intend to release it early 2011, but all they can say for sure is that it will be released in the first half of 2011.

User is offline   Jeager1999 

View PostRaziel, on Oct 16 2010, 03:30 AM, said:

Just an update on the topic, I spoke to Randy and the dude involved with marketing the game in Australia, and while they did not give me a straight 'no' - they did say the date on amazon etc. is not a date that they have provided to those shops. They said they intend to release it early 2011, but all they can say for sure is that it will be released in the first half of 2011.

So in other words. June.....Great.

JUNE?! WTF! NOT JUNE! EARLY!!!! I WANT IT EARLY!

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostJeager1999, on Oct 16 2010, 02:56 AM, said:

So in other words. June.....Great.

Well, that's not quite the impression I got speaking to them. It does seem like they are targeting an early 2011 release. Just perhaps not that early. In fact, the marketing guy laughed when I said I rekon they will release it on April fools day... he said it was a good theory :(.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options