Duke4.net Forums: I'm Lovin' It - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm Lovin' It  "But I also have suggestions! Wow!"

User is offline   Psyched 

First off, allow me to congratulate you guys thoroughly on the production of a top-draw website. I was so happy to wake up this morning to Google Mail informing me that you'd got this up. And I must also congratulate you on your choice of Invision. I'd have it no other way.

My problem is that my browser takes some time to load the pages fully, even at 1mb speed, due to the large quantity of images. On the content pages, there are several background images which are solid colours; using a HEX colour would achieve the same visual effect while decreasing load time and increasing happiness of my poor, overworked connection.

Also, I'm thinking a random title generator would be nice; instead of just "Hail to the King", users would be dazzled by a different Duke quote every click. But, I can understand if it's a site motto thing.

All in all, well done. :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Thanks, and enjoy your stay...
I don't know if the quote thing can be changed...
Yatta or Redsplat aare the ones responsible for this...
Anyways, if this can be made, i'd like a random banner to appear, like: switching over time like the 3DR banner, or changing everytime you go to a new page or if re-loading...

User is offline   Psyched 

I have a script that I use for my website, which could also generate random images.

User is offline   Assault 

Another question here; Why are there two different accounts for the site. One to the forum and one to the main page. Any reason for that? You should make some big sign when registering for the site that you will need another registration for the forums.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Thanks for your feedback, Psyched! About the load times... it may also have to do with our host. They're planning to revamp their servers for 2006, so we might get lucky after all. The background images aren't too large, but it's understandable that they can take up a bit of space when you count them together. I'll speak with our designer and technical director and see what happens.

Assault, on Dec 18 2005, 06:02 AM, said:

Another question here; Why are there two different accounts for the site. One to the forum and one to the main page. Any reason for that? You should make some big sign when registering for the site that you will need another registration for the forums.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are two different accounts because we're using two different site systems: one for the main site, and one for the forums. There actually is a sign that says you need a separate account for the forums; it shows up when you're registering on the main site and also on the Login page on the forums. We were advised to merge the two systems so that registering one account would do the trick, but at the moment we have found that rather difficult to achieve and will have to stick with this system for now. :)

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

I think the forum banner is amazing, I'm extremely liking the slot machine effect. However I do agree that it would be nice to have a generated selection of images there (each equally as lovely as this certain one). The quote is all up to Yatta, however.

User is offline   Qdeathstar 

There is a invision mod that will allow you to integrate login accounts for your website and for your boards quite easily.. though i think it is for version 1.3.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options