Duke4.net Forums: DNF to be in Season 4 of the Jace Hall Show? - Duke4.net Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF to be in Season 4 of the Jace Hall Show?

User is offline   You 

View PostThe Commander, on Sep 22 2010, 09:01 PM, said:

Never watched an episode of his show in my life, don't plan to either.

Do your best to avoid, his voice is enough to make you want to suicide.

The way he talks however, will make you suicide.

User is offline   Martin 

View PostYou, on Sep 26 2010, 03:57 AM, said:

Do your best to avoid, his voice is enough to make you want to suicide.

The way he talks however, will make you suicide.

Yes, let's go completely over-the-top. Exaggeration, much?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

What in the world is wrong with his voice? Seriously? I've heard far more grating voices than his. His didn't bother me in the least.

Haters' gonna hate.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Sep 29 2010, 12:10 AM, said:

What in the world is wrong with his voice? Seriously? I've heard far more grating voices than his. His didn't bother me in the least.

Haters' gonna hate.

I'm in agreement here. I don't know where the complaint about his voice is coming from. He sounds completely normal to me. I could understand if his voice was nasally and high-pitched, or if he had some incredibly thick and impossible to understand accent, but that isn't the case.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

He sounds normal. I don't know why you guys are complaining about it...

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 23 2010, 05:54 PM, said:

I agree, trolls are present in gaming forums more than anywhere else!
The worst kind, are the kids that come to gaming communities populated by mostly adult fans and start with their lame jokes and insults and all the other kinds of immaturity that's typical for all 16 year olds. I noted in most of the cases they think of themselves as being mature people that are actually just being clever through their lame jokes, even though some of the other users here could be their parents irl.
There are at least 6 users here that annoy me for ex. and I did point a few of them for being trolls but I know it could be even worse.
On the gearbox forums there are some very retarded and obvious trolls which are much worse than the ones here.

Though even if I don't think this is the right topic where you should start this debate, I agree that trolls should be kicked the hell out of this forum!

Watch it, i am a 16 year old and as far i am aware of, i haven't trolled on these forums

View Postthemaniacboy, on Sep 30 2010, 02:08 PM, said:

Watch it, i am a 16 year old and as far i am aware of, i haven't trolled on these forums

Lol, you were 2 when Duke3D came out. I guess, the chances for you to actually like and really appreciate Duk3D are rather slim.
I would be surprised if you actually say you like Duke3D tbh.
I imagine that you are only interested in DNF, right?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 30 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

User is offline   Dan_Death 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Sep 30 2010, 04:54 PM, said:

Lol, you were 2 when Duke3D came out. I guess, the chances for you to actually like and really appreciate Duk3D are rather slim.

I was 4 when Duke Nukem 3D came out and I played and loved it. Since then I have been a Duke fan. I went backwards though, from Duke3D, to Duke 2 then 1. And in fact, I'm replaying Duke3D.
Playing Duke Nukem along with some other games are really the only childhood memories that I can remember xD
I didn't find out about DNF until I got Max Payne, which had a trailer for it somewhere on the CD. (At least I think it did, I can't find the CD right now so I'm not sure)

EDIT: It wasn't on the Max Payne CD, but instead on Duke Nukem Manhattan Project.

This post has been edited by Dan_Death: 01 October 2010 - 01:14 AM

View PostDan_Death, on Sep 30 2010, 04:05 PM, said:

I was 4 when Duke Nukem 3D came out and I played and loved it. Since then I have been a Duke fan. I went backwards though, from Duke3D, to Duke 2 then 1. And in fact, I'm replaying Duke3D.
Playing Duke Nukem along with some other games are really the only childhood memories that I can remember xD
I didn't find out about DNF until I got Max Payne, which had a trailer for it somewhere on the CD.

I started with comodore, dos and nes.
Before fps games were popular I used to play sidescrollers like mad. Besides the console ones like, super mario games or sonic games, contra games double dragon etc, I also loved the dos side scrollers which always had a different feel to them than the console ones. Games like commander keen, Dangerous Dave, Prince of Persia,Monster Bash,Alien Rampage(which is a very good game that's not really known by many) and many others.
There's an interesting thing about the old dos sidescrollers that not many have noticed, but before fps games, the devs that later ended up doing great fps games, were doing the equivalent of today's triple A FPS games but in side scrolling format.
For example, FlashBack is a game that would have have most likely ended being an fps or third person game if the technology would have allowed it back then. And there were lots of side scrollers that had the feeling of triple A fps suited games.
Nowdays nobody gets bothered to make serious side scrollers but who hasn't played and finished games like, FlashBack or Demon's Crest or Snatcher, won't ever understand why back then, side scrollers were much more than they are seen today.
Even Duke Nukem 2 falls in the (sidescroller that was meant to be an fps game) category and as it can be seen, when it was possible Duke Nukem did become an fps game.
A game like Another World turned into an fps would blow the minds of every halo kid if done properly but nobody wishes to make great games these days anymore besides a few companies.

There were so many good side scrollers which had much better stories and were more serious than Duke Nukem 2 and sadly never ended having fps sequels because their studios either went bankrupt or something else happened.
I hate how there are so many fucking awesome Ips out there that simply won't get any sequels because today's gamers don't know shit about them.
There are tens of games I would love to see modern sequel for and won't get any, because the gay publishers don't give a shit and don't want to risk losing money over them.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 30 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 23 2010, 09:54 AM, said:

I agree, trolls are present in gaming forums more than anywhere else!
The worst kind, are the kids that come to gaming communities populated by mostly adult fans and start with their lame jokes and insults and all the other kinds of immaturity that's typical for all 16 year olds. I noted in most of the cases they think of themselves as being mature people that are actually just being clever through their lame jokes, even though some of the other users here could be their parents irl.
There are at least 6 users here that annoy me for ex. and I did point a few of them for being trolls but I know it could be even worse.
On the gearbox forums there are some very retarded and obvious trolls which are much worse than the ones here.

Though even if I don't think this is the right topic where you should start this debate, I agree that trolls should be kicked the hell out of this forum!

My God, you get the impression that he said that with a straight face!

Kuddos sir! Your sense of humour is all grown up, even if your behaviour generally isn't.

View PostMr.Deviance, on Sep 30 2010, 10:54 PM, said:

No, i was 2 when i first played Duke3D, my dad was a big fan of Duke and he installed it on my own computer, i played it for weeks long, but never finished it, my grandma even recorded me playing Duke when i was 2 years old.
My dad and me always played LAN co-op parties in our very own gaming room, that was big fun.
I first saw the DNF trailer in 1998, again, my dad showed me, then in 2001, and in 2003 i kept asking where is DNF ?

I still play Duke3D, if Dukeplus and many other great mods were never created, i am sure i never played Duke3D so much like now, i love it ;)
I am a born Duke fan and i am happy to be one, otherwise i would have been like those other teenagers, playing Halo and CoD MW all day long, but luckily, i am not

View Postthemaniacboy, on Oct 1 2010, 01:21 AM, said:

No, i was 2 when i first played Duke3D, my dad was a big fan of Duke and he installed it on my own computer, i played it for weeks long, but never finished it, my grandma even recorded me playing Duke when i was 2 years old.
My dad and me always played LAN co-op parties in our very own gaming room, that was big fun.
I first saw the DNF trailer in 1998, again, my dad showed me, then in 2001, and in 2003 i kept asking where is DNF ?

I still play Duke3D, if Dukeplus and many other great mods were never created, i am sure i never played Duke3D so much like now, i love it ;)
I am a born Duke fan and i am happy to be one, otherwise i would have been like those other teenagers, playing Halo and CoD MW all day long, but luckily, i am not

How can you call that playing Duke Nukem 3D lol. I also played with a punched paper computer back when I was 2 but who cares, it's not like I still have enough memories to actually appreciate the quality of that.
Doing anything at such young ages doesn't even qualify as doing it. At 2 you can barely walk my friend. At that age you can play both Duke Nukem and Barbie's world and it would be the same for you.
What I'm trying to say here, is that you have to play a game from at least the age of 5 to actually talk about it as you've actually played it and appreciated it.
If you played it when you were 5 and a bit older, then that's good. Anything before that, are just useless details.
You could never have nostalgia for things that you were doing before the age of 5.
If you have nostalgia for what you did when you were 2, then you would have nostalgia for both Duke Nukem 3D and for sucking the baby formula lolz

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 01 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 1 2010, 06:31 PM, said:

How can you call that playing Duke Nukem 3D lol. I also played with a punched paper computer back when I was 2 but who cares, it's not like I still have enough memories to actually appreciate the quality of that.
Doing anything at such young ages doesn't even qualify as doing it. At 2 you can barely walk my friend. At that age you can play both Duke Nukem and Barbie's world and it would be the same for you.
What I'm trying to say here, is that you have to play a game from at least the age of 5 to actually talk about it as you've actually played it and appreciated it.
If you played it when you were 5 and a bit older, then that's good. Anything before that, are just useless details.
You could never have nostalgia for things that you were doing before the age of 5.
If you have nostalgia for what you did when you were 2, then you would have nostalgia for both Duke Nukem 3D and for sucking the baby formula lolz

You really don't understand do ya ?
I still have memories of the lan party with my dad, i still know which level i played the most, hollywood holocaust, i still remember what i did when i was dead, so don't claim anything when you don't know them

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 1 2010, 10:31 AM, said:

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 1 2010, 10:20 AM, said:

don't tell me what you can do, tell me what I can't do, in order to prove your point, if there is a point(but I can assure you there isn't one)

This is killing me.

View PostRusty Nails, on Oct 1 2010, 10:14 AM, said:

This is killing me.

He said that I am not good at something but instead of providing reasons why, he just starts telling me what he can do, like that can ever be a reason why I'm not good at those things.
I don't get why that's killing you, but I hope now you understand what I meant to say there.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Mr. Deviance said:

I hate how there are so many fucking awesome Ips out there that simply won't get any sequels because today's gamers don't know shit about them.

FreeSpace 2...

• The Sarien Encounter

Wasn't Freespace a spinoff of Descent?

User is offline   Kathy 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

So, yes?

User is offline   Sebastian 

I think it was more of a spiritual successor, in some way.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It never ceases to amaze me how many old industry ties 3D Realms is using to this day. I already knew that Randy Pitchford from Gearbox worked on Duke 3D, but I didn't know that this Jace Hall is actually the same Jason Hall who was president of Monolith and worked on Blood. I believe he's also the announcer voice in Blood.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostHendricks266, on Oct 3 2010, 07:14 PM, said:

I didn't know that this Jace Hall is actually the same Jason Hall who was president of Monolith and worked on Blood. I believe he's also the announcer voice in Blood.

Yeah, it's the same guy. That's what I've been trying to say for a while now. Jason Hall has a lot of ties with the industry, and has a good relationship with 3DR. And of course, he also brought us Blood like you said. A pretty respectable guy, as far as I'm concerned.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 03 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

View PostRusty Nails, on Oct 3 2010, 11:52 AM, said:

I think it was more of a spiritual successor, in some way.

Not at all. It was called Descent: FreeSpace due to the trademark "FreeSpace" already being taken by a disk utility.

In Europe it was called Conflict: FreeSpace for similar reasons.

The other reason was to help spur sales, since having "Descent" on a box back then was like a solid gold stamp.

Save for the shape of the crosshair (somewhat), and a cheat code that enables "Descent style physics," it has nothing in common with Descent.

This post has been edited by Descent: 03 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Btw, what do you have in common with Descent?

Nothing. I just think it's the greatest fucking game ever.

Been playing it since '95, and I just keep falling in love with it more and more.

It's a bad username but at least it's not emo trash. I could say his fucking name but that would be like saying "Bloody Mary" four times, he'd just shit up the thread and complain about people stealing his avatar again.

• The Sarien Encounter

I've beaten Descent II (lost the CD, though...my friend borrowed it for the music and his brother stole it ;) ), and I've only played Descent I never beaten it. I've never even played Descent 3, though. I remember seeing it in stores for the first time and dreaming of owning it and never did get it...

View PostDescent, on Oct 6 2010, 08:36 AM, said:

Nothing. I just think it's the greatest fucking game ever.

Been playing it since '95, and I just keep falling in love with it more and more.

It's a bad username but at least it's not emo trash. I could say his fucking name but that would be like saying "Bloody Mary" four times, he'd just shit up the thread and complain about people stealing his avatar again.

;)

You aren't missing much. Descent 3 was pretty average, incredible graphics for its time though. D2 was good, but was really dumbed down, poorly balanced, and mindless at times. And it didn't scare the shit out of you like the first one could.

D2 and D3 are classic examples of games that suffer from feature creep.

This post has been edited by Descent: 07 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

User is offline   Martin 

Descent was fucking awesome. Never played any of the sequels, but I liked the first one. I always felt huge inertia while playing it.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMr.Deviance, on Sep 30 2010, 05:54 PM, said:

This has got to be the dumbest and most generalizing thing I've ever read in my life.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options