Duke4.net Forums: Alien Trio. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Trio.  "My first map :)"

User is offline   Alithinos 

Hi,I just finished my first map for eDuke 32!

What to use: eDuke32,HRP.

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To play this map you just need the .map file I provide.
There are no new textures or music or anything else added.

This is my first map.I created the most of it in one night,and it took me a week for testing and polishing it.
(walls that I forgot to texture ,ballance weapons and health etc).

The level is action oriented,with no need looking for keycards,just get to the last room of the 3.
(At a point you will have to choose between 3 ways to finish the level).
It have some secret areas where stuff is located that can help you reach new secret places.

In case you are using HRP please note that there will be a moment or two that the enemies that you will see on your screen might bee lots,and your fps might drop below 30.

Please note that this is my first map,and it might not be too shiny.But any reviews are welcome.
If you like it,say it so I can get confident and release more of my maps. :)
If you think that there is something missing,or there is too much of something,or have any other suggestions,please give me feedback so I can edit my mistakes and create better maps! :)

DOWNLOAD LINK :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Y62DMPS

Hints:
The level is designed in a way to provide the opportunity for the enemies to make you suprise attacks,so don't carelessly run in to new rooms.

There is a room that since you get in to,you can't get out.So watch out!

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 20 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I think you win the "highest number of Slimers in an air duct" award. :)

A good first quick map.

Things to do in future maps like shading on the walls so they are not all the same.
Vary the heights and shapes of different rooms. Add features to break up the squareness of a room.
Make sure your proportions are correct. In the bathroom the toilets and doors etc were too large or high up on the walls.

Keep at it.

This post has been edited by Marked: 20 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options