Duke4.net Forums: Backwards Text - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Backwards Text  "Why am I getting text thats backwards in security monitors?"

User is offline   Jack 

This is an Eduke32 question. (Possibly the latest version)

Why am I seeing backwards text on security monitors and screwed up textures in two mods like Duke Plus and Attrition?

I was playing one or the other when I ran across multiple times to find the text on monitor displays to be reversed or just downright screwed up. I'm not sure about the reversed text, I don't know if that's apart of the mod-level's scheme or is it just an error with the engine itself? I can't really tell..

This isn't much of problem for me, just curious.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Because of mirrored levels.

In DukePlus, the levels will only be mirrored if you select the option from the menu. In attrition, it randomly mirrors the levels 50% of the time. The idea is to increase replay value by making the levels seem more fresh.

User is offline   Jack 

Interesting, I usually though that only the level layout's would be mirrored, but I've had no idea that it would also count for those as well. Thanks a bunch! Oh and, it's nice to see you again DeeperThought!

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Some maps were also made by people from other countrys and the text is sometimes in a language other than english.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options