Duke4.net Forums: Help setting up Duke Nukem 3D through YANG - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help setting up Duke Nukem 3D through YANG

User is offline   Nesrail 

Hello.
I just bought Duke Nukem Atomic Edition through 3D Realms. Duke Nukem apparently has it own multiplayer option but I don't understand how to set it up.
Then I tried YANG, with Eduke, and it should be easy. But still. Can't figure out how to set it up.

I have two home computers on the internet through the same wireless (or router or whatever). I tried to shut off the firewall on both computers. Still no result.

Tried to "advertise room" from the host computer and I get this:

For a list of commands, enter /help command.
* Trying master server 2, please wait...
* Error from master server: A test of connecting to your room has failed. It may just be a slow connection.
It's also possible that TCP port number 8501 is not forwarded in your network.
* Trying master server 1, please wait...
Server is now not advertised.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

User is offline   Replica 

Hi,

If you are just going to play on a LAN only then you don't need to forward your ports (which would by itself be an alternate and direct way of solving the port forwarding issue), you can try to do it without advertising your room and getting the other players on your LAN to select the "Action" menu and then "join a room manually" option to join the YANG room manually and connect just for a LAN game.

For internet games: -
Have you tried to follow this guide?
http://yang-online.c...tforwarding.htm

When you advertise a room on YANG it tries to connect as a test to the default TCP port "8501" to check that it's forwarded. If not you will get an error connecting to the master server message.
Also for the default port for most of the games on YANG you also need to forward UDP port "23513".
Try out the guide and see how it goes.
Any software set up on your machine might also block the program/ports etc from being accessed that could also have an effect such as a software firewall.

Support for UPnP, which would basically let some of the router users have automatic port forwarding, is planned.

This post has been edited by Replica: 11 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

View PostReplica, on Sep 11 2010, 09:21 AM, said:

Hi,

If you are just going to play on a LAN only then you don't need to forward your ports (which would by itself be an alternate and direct way of solving the port forwarding issue), you can try to do it without advertising your room and getting the other players on your LAN to select the "Action" menu and then "join a room manually" option to join the YANG room manually and connect just for a LAN game.

For internet games: -
Have you tried to follow this guide?
http://yang-online.c...tforwarding.htm

When you advertise a room on YANG it tries to connect as a test to the default TCP port "8501" to check that it's forwarded. If not you will get an error connecting to the master server message.
Also for the default port for most of the games on YANG you also need to forward UDP port "23513".
Try out the guide and see how it goes.
Any software set up on your machine might also block the program/ports etc from being accessed that could also have an effect such as a software firewall.

Support for UPnP, which would basically let some of the router users have automatic port forwarding, is planned.

I tried the guide. Feeling I have tried everything. Still no result.

View PostNesrail, on Sep 11 2010, 03:33 PM, said:

I tried the guide. Feeling I have tried everything. Still no result.

Goddammit! If I ever met you I'm gonna high-five you and give you a hug.

IT WORKS NOW :D

Thank you very much for the help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options