Duke4.net Forums: Where to get Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where to get Duke Nukem Forever  "(it might later work as price comparison too)"

User is offline   Honza 

Hi everyone,
so probably the first one who announced it was Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-P...3534&sr=8-1
49.90 USD, dispatch date: unknown

Now 4 minutes ago some guy posted GameStop price & release date (!!):
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=84188
49.90 USD, dispatch date: 1st February 2011 (they better be right :D )

I avoided other platforms on purpose - I don't really care, but it's about +10 USD (if someone posts links and gonna keep them up-to-date I'll add them to this first post)

edit:
(all dates are gonna be always like this: 2010-12-31)
2010-09-11 00:53 UTC+2:
Gamestop changed release date from 2011-01-01 to 2011-02-01.

This post has been edited by Honza7: 10 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

User is offline   Green 

Amazon has had it up for years
Not much point in this thread until an actual date is announced and retailers start taking pre-orders

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Pirate Bay

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Bat Cave :D

User is offline   Green 

View PostHendricks266, on Sep 7 2010, 07:18 PM, said:

Pirate Bay

Demonoid? :D

User is offline   3dwizard 

View PostMr. Green, on Sep 7 2010, 07:30 PM, said:

Demonoid? :D

Demonoid?
Man you even fail at having proper pirate sources.
Anyway I will get this in a physical box or pursue somebody to send a gift with it on steam since I never buy games on steam because I hate to buy shit that I never physically own!

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 08 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 7 2010, 08:56 PM, said:

I hate to buy shit that I never physically own!

Yeah, im not into digital downloads either. Its always nice to unwrap a new game, smell the new game smell, and put a physical disc into the tray. You just feel like you've spent actual money on an actual thing, and its not all digital and out of your hands.

User is offline   Green 

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 7 2010, 08:56 PM, said:

Demonoid?
Main you even fail at having proper pirate sources.
Anyway I will get this in a physical box or pursue somebody to send a gift with it on steam since I never buy games on steam because I hate to buy shit that I never physically own!

I'll buy it. Hell I'll get the special edition.
Who said I use Demonoid for piracy anyway? :D

User is offline   Rehbock 

well we leak of news with all these topics pop out.

my chose would be amazon as they deliver before release day.

or maybe to quote a guy "bittorr.... eh gamestop"

User is offline   Eclipse 

I'll go for whoever gets it to me fastest! I know I've waited over a decade for this but I think waiting one more day than I have to would finally tip me over the edge into insanity.

There's also bound to be the will I/won't I decision making around if I go for the special edition(s) or not - assuming one is released.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostMr. Green, on Sep 8 2010, 04:48 AM, said:

Amazon has had it up for years
Not much point in this thread until an actual date is announced and retailers start taking pre-orders

as far as I know it has been taken away and then re-added on day after PAX.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostHendricks266, on Sep 8 2010, 05:18 AM, said:

Pirate Bay

oh come one guys..

View PostHonza7, on Sep 8 2010, 06:16 AM, said:

oh come one guys..

If the game is a consolized piece of shit I will definitely pirate it.
Like I said before, I am not a pirate! I only download games to test them to see if I am going to buy them or not. I know this can be considered piracy but if I will buy the game a few days later, it's not piracy anymore. As for the games that I don't like, not only that I don't buy them but I also stop playing them too.
So somebody tell me. Who buys games here without pirating them first to demo them properly? Don't tell me you don't because I won't believe it!
As for DNF. This is the first game where I have a personal thing going ! If this game will be consolized, I will pirate it and play it and not pay a dime for it just so that whoever releases it, gets a big spit in the face from me.
I hope that won't be the case but after reading some stuff posted by Geroge recently, If what he said proves to be true, I will gladly spit both 3dr and Gearbox in the face and pirate their game and hope others do to so they fail on sales and never make another duke game again!

• Judge Mental

Piracy is piracy, even if you use the "Im just renting the game" mentality. See, if you dont like it? Well, you played it without paying for the authorisation to do so. Ergo, its piracy. You can get into just as much trouble, and that excuse wont get you out of trouble. Not that you're going to get caught.

Though, honestly, I wouldnt go around ADMITTING that you do that. It could get ye into trouble here. :D

Well, I admit I've pirated a fair few games in the last couple of years or so, but this game I really want a physical copy of to put on the upper shelf in my room. Its a piece of gaming history ffs! I hope the box is going to look awesome. No box art has been released as of yet, has it?

edit: doh, I've just actually clicked the link... nice 'n simple box art that is.

This post has been edited by SkullHacker: 08 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 8 2010, 07:31 PM, said:

Who buys games here without pirating them first to demo them properly? Don't tell me you don't because I won't believe it!

You're obviously living in quite bad company.

• Judge Mental

View PostSkullHacker, on Sep 8 2010, 11:00 AM, said:

Well, I admit I've pirated a fair few games in the last couple of years or so, but this game I really want a physical copy of to put on the upper shelf in my room. Its a piece of gaming history ffs! I hope the box is going to look awesome. No box art has been released as of yet, has it?

edit: doh, I've just actually clicked the link... nice 'n simple box art that is.

Keep in mind, thats likely stand in box art, not legit.

User is offline   Honza 

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 8 2010, 07:31 PM, said:

If the game is a consolized piece of shit I will definitely pirate it.
Like I said before, I am not a pirate! I only download games to test them to see if I am going to buy them or not. I know this can be considered piracy but if I will buy the game a few days later, it's not piracy anymore. As for the games that I don't like, not only that I don't buy them but I also stop playing them too.
So somebody tell me. Who buys games here without pirating them first to demo them properly? Don't tell me you don't because I won't believe it!
As for DNF. This is the first game where I have a personal thing going ! If this game will be consolized, I will pirate it and play it and not pay a dime for it just so that whoever releases it, gets a big spit in the face from me.
I hope that won't be the case but after reading some stuff posted by Geroge recently, If what he said proves to be true, I will gladly spit both 3dr and Gearbox in the face and pirate their game and hope others do to so they fail on sales and never make another duke game again!

come on guys, admitting publicly that you pirate games is not wise to say the least... This is not warez forum... and the topic is where to get it cheap & quick & legal (all conditions must be met).

Of course it's very easy to go on Piratebay and download it, but like I said this is not p2p helpdesk :D

View PostHonza7, on Sep 8 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

come on guys, admitting publicly that you pirate games is not wise to say the least... This is not warez forum... and the topic is where to get it cheap & quick & legal (all conditions must be met).

Of course it's very easy to go on Piratebay and download it, but like I said this is not p2p helpdesk :D

Who said it was. We were just talking not sharing links or promoting it in general.
I think I was very clear in my above post, further talk is just opening up the taboo aspect of who admits to pirate and who doesn't. To some it's similar to their ability to admit to their friends that they masturbate and some rather say they never did it.
Let's just leave it at that.
Warez is bad for companies and I agree so let's just kill the warez subject, I am sure we are violating at least one rule by talking about it.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 08 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

• Judge Mental

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 8 2010, 12:31 PM, said:

Who said it was. We were just talking not sharing links or promoting it in general.
I think I was very clear in my above post, further talk is just opening up the taboo aspect of who admits to pirate and who doesn't. To some it's similar to their ability to admit to their friends that they masturbate and some rather say they never did it.
Let's just leave it at that.
Warez is bad for companies and I agree but you just wait if dnf sucks I am going to try and harm them on purpose!

Except that everyone with a sexual urge does.

Not everybody pirates.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Sep 8 2010, 12:36 PM, said:

Not everybody pirates.

Sure, there are no pirates, it's just a myth :D

• Judge Mental

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 8 2010, 12:37 PM, said:

Sure, there are no pirates, it's just a myth :D

Lack of reading comprehension. Get hooked on phonics. "Not everybody" is not the same as "nobody." :D :D

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 08 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm just trolling.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostHendricks266, on Sep 7 2010, 11:18 PM, said:

Pirate Bay

That place is still up? I'm in shock but I wouldn't mess with them since there is a chance that people are watching them closely.

That said, I'll probably pick it up eventually from a local BestBuy or such. Of course, it depends...if Steam has a really good deal on it when I happen to have money but not the time to go out and find it at a physical store (especially since I'm ditching my ride)...I have no problem with downloading it on Steam.

so after 13 years of waiting and getting let down and then good news pops up again so many time. its been in court and then over a year later we find out that the game will most likely come out, you say that you wont pay for it? that is just sick

User is offline   BugsBunny 

Man who fucking cares for piracy. Downloading digitally, whether from warez sites or from STEAM will not provide me any satisfaction. This gaming is is farking DUKE NUKEM FOREVER. I want that bloody collector's tin box of this damn 12 year elusive game in my gaming shelve right from day one. This game is worth paying for, if not for anything else to show respect to THE Duke. End of story.

This post has been edited by BugsBunny: 08 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm gonna pre-order the special edition, which I'm sure will exist.

User is offline   Honza 

I think collectors edition is a must in this case :D

This post has been edited by Honza7: 08 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Nothing's a must when you have no budget for gaming.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Sep 9 2010, 01:59 AM, said:

Nothing's a must when you have no budget for gaming.

obviously; however if there is DNF '98 & '01 and making of in collectors edition + making of then it can be sold very easily for up to $99

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options