Duke4.net Forums: Where to get Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where to get Duke Nukem Forever  "(it might later work as price comparison too)"

User is offline   Honza 

btw $20M USD has been spent on development. If I were them, I'd try to sell anything related to Duke :D

User is offline   Kathy 

Steam is the only way I would be able to acquire this game legally on the day of release. So, Steam for me. I also plan to buy 360 and PS3 versions.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I'm going to get it for the PC and my Xbox 360. :D

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLotan, on Sep 8 2010, 08:14 PM, said:

Steam is the only way I would be able to acquire this game legally on the day of release. So, Steam for me. I also plan to buy 360 and PS3 versions.

Lotanloov, just curious--what's the point of owning it on both PS3 and 360? :D

360 and PC for me, if I can afford a PC to handle it and extra money to buy the PC version.

Unless like, you know, Gearbox were cool and sent the webmaster of Duke4.net free copies. :D

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

What's the point of owning on more than one system? I'm serious. There are all these people saying that they will buy or whatever but I have to ask, who has money for that and shouldn't you spend it on more important things?

I'm poor and should be busy so I'm picking it up at my convenience and when it is on sale. Just how it is. Am I the only one who isn't planning on buying it on release?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMr.Flibble, on Sep 8 2010, 08:39 PM, said:

What's the point of owning on more than one system? I'm serious. There are all these people saying that they will buy or whatever but I have to ask, who has money for that and shouldn't you spend it on more important things?

I'm poor and should be busy so I'm picking it up at my convenience and when it is on sale. Just how it is. Am I the only one who isn't planning on buying it on release?

Depends when release day falls. I'll get it sooner after if not on release. I've had the cash for DNF ready to go for a long while. :D

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostYatta, on Sep 9 2010, 07:18 AM, said:

I just want it. There is no a practical reason for it. Probably gonna order a boxed PC version. Also, might buy the localized(and cheap) one. Might even hang them on the wall.

360 and PC for me, if I can afford a PC to handle it and extra money to buy the PC version.

Haven't you bought the new PC?

View PostMr.Flibble, on Sep 9 2010, 07:39 AM, said:

I should. That's why I will be spending those on Duke Nukem Forever.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLotan, on Sep 8 2010, 09:23 PM, said:

I just want it. There is no a practical reason for it. Probably gonna order a boxed PC version. Also, might buy the localized(and cheap) one. Might even hang them on the wall.

Haven't you bought the new PC?

I should. That's why I will be spending those on Duke Nukem Forever.

Just figured you'd want to spend money toward other things than getting the identical game on two consoles. :D

PC and one console I would understand, as there might be slight differences. But it's likely going to be identical from the 360 to the PS3.

I don't have my new PC yet. :D

User is offline   Kathy 

Perhaps I'll play it only on PC, but buy every version. For every DNF version there could have been in 14 years.

User is offline   3dwizard 

The way I see it, paying for the game should be made in order to get the physical box and support future Duke games!
I don't pay the money to play the game, I pay the money to support future Duke games! That's the whole point here!
The money that I pay do not guarantee me a slot into playing the game at release date. If it's needed I will play the game at release date with or without paying for it. If I can't get it at release date by buying it, I will pirate the game at release date so I can play it and I will buy it a few weeks later so I can actually own the box! I always dreamed to hold the DNF box on my shelf of cool games, so I do intend to buy it no question about it.

And about what I said a few posts back, that if the game will be a consolized piece of shit I will pirate it and never buy it, I've had some thoughts about this and I've changed my mind. I decided that I will buy this game, even if it's going to be the biggest piece of shit ever made by human kind.
After so many years and so much wasted time on forums and on stupid debates, the act of owning the game itself is more important than the actual game to me.
I imagine that 10 years from now, when I would look back at my collection of classic games, not having DNF there which was such a big part of my history, would ruin the whole purpose of my collection!

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 10 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

View Post3dwizard, on Sep 10 2010, 12:02 PM, said:

The money that I pay do not guarantee me a slot into playing the game at release date. If it's needed I will play the game at release date with or without paying for it. If I can't get it at release date by buying it, I will pirate the game at release date so I can play it and I will buy it a few weeks later so I can actually own the box! I always dreamed to hold the DNF box on my shelf of cool games, so I do intend to buy it no question about it.

I honestly do not believe you will be able to pirate the game immediately upon release

User is offline   3dwizard 

View Poststorm8ring3r, on Sep 10 2010, 06:09 AM, said:

I honestly do not believe you will be able to pirate the game immediately upon release

All games get pirated on release these day or a day or max 2 later. The only way this won't be pirated at release is if they are going to use some shitty drm that will ruin the game.
But seriously, let's focus this debate on drm or just quit it because we are talking way too much about piracy and I don't think we should abuse this topic.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 10 September 2010 - 06:20 AM

View Poststorm8ring3r, on Sep 10 2010, 07:09 AM, said:

Usually you can before release actually.

I will buy the pc and 360 version , pc version asap on release and 360 probably when it will pop up used or in the bargain bin.

This post has been edited by Luther Blissett: 10 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

User is offline   Honza 

Gamestop changed release date from 2011-01-01 to 2011-02-01.
Maybe we're getting somewhere...
(1st post updated)

This post has been edited by Honza7: 10 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostHonza7, on Sep 10 2010, 03:56 PM, said:

Gamestop changed release date from 2011-01-01 to 2011-02-01.
Maybe we're getting somewhere...
(1st post updated)

When did they change it? If it was done in the past 3-4 days, it might be legitimate since 2K started talking to retailers right after PAX day.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostYatta, on Sep 11 2010, 01:07 AM, said:

When did they change it? If it was done in the past 3-4 days, it might be legitimate since 2K started talking to retailers right after PAX day.

when I made the first post I found out about Gamestop claiming to release on 1/1/2010 so it was Sep 8 2010, 04:46 AM.
The change had to be done during past 3 days as you say.

since 2K started talking to retailers right after PAX day

that was actually first thing which came to my mind, and I also think that they're getting LOTS of preorders so they discussed once again with GBX/2K what the release date should be - considering game is done and they're just tuning the right date to make the most money of it and I can fully understand it.

This post has been edited by Honza7: 10 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

User is offline   BugsBunny 

I think Jon St John said in PAX that at one time Gearbox said to him that they were planning for a release date of April 1st to which Jon St John said NO. With Gearbox picking up the game late Nov last year, I think they can only mean April 2011 cause 2010 was imply out of question for them and their interaction with JSJ is all recent way after April 2010 for doing 2 recording sessions with him. So even though we don't know whether April 2011 will be the release date or not, remember Gearbox is not oblized to do what JSJ says, we can definitely get an idea of the time period when Gearbox is trying to release the game.

This post has been edited by BugsBunny: 10 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostBugsBunny, on Sep 10 2010, 06:32 PM, said:

I think Jon St John said in PAX that at one time Gearbox said to him that they were planning for a release date of April 1st to which Jon St John said know.

Know what?

remember Gearbox is not oblized to do what JSJ says,

Gearbox is not what? lol

User is offline   Honza 

View PostBugsBunny, on Sep 11 2010, 01:32 AM, said:

I think Jon St John said in PAX that at one time Gearbox said to him that they were planning for a release date of April 1st to which Jon St John said know. With Gearbox picking up the game late Nov last year, I think they can only mean April 2011 cause 2010 was imply out of question for them and their interaction with JSJ is all recent way after April 2010 for doing 2 recording sessions with him. So even though we don't know whether April 2011 will be the release date or not, remember Gearbox is not oblized to do what JSJ says, we can definitely get an idea of the time period when Gearbox is trying to release the game.

IMHO January/February 2011 is good guess. If they started hype now, they can't hold till April 2011 (look at dukenukemforever.com forums, fans are rioting again and it's becoming again like "hey you misunderstood it - 2011 is the year when you get the trailer :D"

edit: and 1st April is an absolute no-go; Randy Pitchford made it absolutely clear that they are not going to make any more fun about releasing the game - their credibility would be affected, terribly.

This post has been edited by Honza7: 10 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

It was "NO" not "know". Spelling mistake corrected. Here is the proper sentence.

I think Jon St John said in PAX that at one time Gearbox said to him that they were planning for a release date of April 1st to which Jon St John said NO.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I was just making fun of you. I'm also guessing you meant "obligated" (or possibly obliged) instead of "oblized."

Anyway, I think any release date in April would be out of the question. I'd even be wary about March 31st.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostHonza7, on Sep 11 2010, 08:44 AM, said:

IMHO January/February 2011 is good guess.

I'd be happy if it came out around that time. I just pre-ordered my copy today for the PC. :D

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I sympathise with you, Mr. Flibble. However, this is Duke Nukem Forever. I am unemployed and I don't get an allowance of any sort. I'm still going to pre-order the collector's/deluxe edition, no matter what. This is Duke Nukem Forever, and I don't give a fuck about anything else. Except for maybe Doom 4.

Also, Randy needs to loosen up. April 1st is the best date for DNF, seriously.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 11 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 12 2010, 11:42 AM, said:

Also, Randy needs to loosen up. April 1st is the best date for DNF, seriously.

Yeah, it's been a joke for so long, you may as well go out with a bang. :D

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 11 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

View PostJinroh, on Sep 11 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

Yeah, it's been a joke for so long, you may as well go out with a bang. :D

Go out, Duke is just coming back dude. DNF is just the beginning. Gearbox didn't buy the IP for one game my friend. They still have to finish Duke Nukem Begins and with them being the IP owners now, expect them to make a few more Duke games at least.

View PostYatta, on Sep 8 2010, 07:18 PM, said:

Unless like, you know, Gearbox were cool and sent the webmaster of Duke4.net free copies. :D

Well it will be cool to see differances.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostHonza7, on Sep 8 2010, 05:29 PM, said:

obviously; however if there is DNF '98 & '01 and making of in collectors edition + making of then it can be sold very easily for up to $99

I might rip certain games (like Borderlands HAHAHA) but NEVER Duke, I would pay handsomely for a special edition :)

I'll pay more then 80 euro's on this game, just so i can experience Duke Nukem Forever, even if it is for once

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostHendricks266, on Sep 7 2010, 11:18 PM, said:

Pirate Bay

:) MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hum, I wounder if DNF will have a Goodies Folder.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

User is offline   TinfoilHat 

View PostLotan, on Sep 8 2010, 08:23 PM, said:

Might even hang them on the wall.

Heh, i have same "hobby" :) My wall is full of cool and of course original CD:s & DVD:s ( apps, games, operating systems etc ) some are just hanging and some i use as clock :)
( call me odd, weird or any other, but i've never said i'm sane :) )

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options