Duke4.net Forums: Missing shadows on enemies with polymer renderer and no HRP - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing shadows on enemies with polymer renderer and no HRP

Hi, I'm new here and I'm also a noob of EDuke32 so sorry if I make a stupid/already answered question.

I have a problem. If I activate the polymer renderer I cannot see enemies' shadows (or Duke's one when I look at a mirror). However, if I use the software renderer or the opengl one without polymer they show up. Of course shadows are active on game setup. I'm not using the HRP or any other mod.

It's a problem of mine or is it supposed to behave that way?

This post has been edited by Stranger1st: 06 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

View PostStranger1st, on Sep 6 2010, 12:00 PM, said:

Hi, I'm new here and I'm also a noob of EDuke32 so sorry if I make a stupid/already answered question.

I have a problem. If I activate the polymer renderer I cannot see enemies' shadows (or Duke's one when I look at a mirror). However, if I use the software renderer or the opengl one without polymer they show up. Of course shadows are active on game setup. I'm not using the HRP or any other mod.

It's a problem of mine or is it supposed to behave that way?

I have the same problem as well.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Yeah, this is normal.
I can't state the reasons for this off the top of my head but Plagman was apparently to add a flag to enable them again in Polymer.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The reason is that Polymer has its own superior shadows. But you won't see them unless there is a spotlight in the area.

Isn't there a way to activate pre-calculated shadows back in Polymer?

I ask this becuase sometimes they matter in terms of gameplay, like in Hollywood Holocaust where you can see an Assault Trooper hidden above a door by its shadow.
I know, it's not much and is useless once you know all the game by memory, but I'd like to have them back.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options