Duke4.net Forums: Extremely Small Dnf Screenshot Released. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Extremely Small Dnf Screenshot Released.

User is offline   TownClown 

View PostMicki!, on Jan 31 2007, 11:09 AM, said:

If people don't like how things are, they shouldn't bother telling anyone, that's not doing anything but fighting

Just because it's not what you want to hear, doesn't mean the opinions are not allowed to be voiced.
I thought he made some interesting points.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

View PostTownClown, on Feb 16 2007, 02:16 AM, said:

Just because it's not what you want to hear, doesn't mean the opinions are not allowed to be voiced.

Yes, it might be interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a "bad post" which can start fights in threads... i respect people with other opinions, but there has to be a line drawn for those opinions...

Let me make a slightly exaggerated example, which has absolutely nothing with DNF to do at all:
an anti christian person jumps in a christian forum, to state his opinion on their thoughts... they obvisously tell him he's wrong, but he says he has the right to state his opinion as he wishes...

But seriously, what is an anti christian doing in a christian forum anyway..? nothing good can come out of that at all, but fighting... and they won't probably ever agree with a point there

As i said, it has nothing to do with DNF, and i'm not saying anyone is like this person... I am however, comparing the situation, which is somewhat the same...

A person who dislikes DNF shouldn't bother registering and posting about DNF on a DNF dedicated forum, if he doesn't like it... if he participated in any other threads that are DNF related, i seriously doubt he'd try to be much constructive in his critism towards the stuff... he'd probably look out for what is bad about it, and ignore the good parts... like for instance, that the game actually exists, and that it seems to be pretty nice looking (even if it's hard to tell from such a small screenshot)

I can say that if there is a forum about the AVP (Alien Vs Predator) movie, i will deffenately not join there, and tell them how it sucked, how bad the director was, and how they could have done it better than they did...
I wouldn't be welcome there for same reasons as i explained above, because it's inappropriate to the forum

it's really like discussing with a person you want to be freinds with, but he dislikes with anything you like... that's not best ways to get friends, or forumers in this case

That said, the forum is mainly for FANS, and people who like Duke... we can take bad words, and constructive critique, but not from people who are bound to hate 3DR related games...

I can't believe i wrote all this crap again, now please do not ignore that we have to keep ON TOPIC, and comment on the picture

And to do so myself
Sayantan from 3DR made this GIF animation of the screenshot that i found to be pretty cool
Posted Image

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostMicki!, on Feb 16 2007, 02:26 AM, said:

Sayantan from 3DR made this GIF animation of the screenshot that i found to be pretty cool
Posted Image

Awesome! :) I wonder what that blue blurry part of the screenshot is in the background?

User is offline   Micki! 

People have suggested PC screens, window to some outside buildings, light reflections on some surface...

It's hard to tell with the depth of field effect, and the screenshot size :)

User is offline   TownClown 

View PostMicki!, on Feb 16 2007, 02:26 AM, said:

Yes, it might be interesting, but...

Too long, didn't read.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View PostTownClown, on Feb 15 2007, 08:16 PM, said:

He's also making a very obvious attempt to antagonize the community. Little does he know, most of us who have remained loyal Duke Nukem fans over the years have had to see and listen to a lot- ranging from the link he posted to the soapbox position of Bruce Campbell after hearing Duke Nukem use some of his Evil Dead lines. We know this and we've shaken our heads in shame from time to time, but every game company has made bad decisions at one point or another.

This guy has an agenda and an axe to grind, and he only just happens to have reasons to back him up. His opinion is respected as such, but trolling will not be tolerated.

This considered, this isn't exactly a good first impression to be made by either him or you.

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostTownClown, on Feb 16 2007, 05:46 PM, said:

Too long, didn't read.

You should read it if you planned to stay, and be part of our community...
Wrote down some points that should be taken into concideration before posting anything on forums like these, i didn't just use 8 minutes for fun to write so much (and going off topic to put something as irrelevant like this into this thread)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Feb 16 2007, 02:26 PM, said:

Awesome! :) I wonder what that blue blurry part of the screenshot is in the background?

I've always recognised it from some walls in lunar apocalypse B)

• Honored Donor

View PostCerberus_e, on Feb 17 2007, 01:01 PM, said:

I've always recognised it from some walls in lunar apocalypse :)

Maybe the screenshot was taken in a space level in DNF. B)

User is offline   Frittz 

Will be nice to see it released at all. Waiting to make "Aqua 4" for it. :)
The screen shot looks promising. Hope it's worth the wait.
Prey wasn't a bad game at all and it was just about as late.

User is offline   Micki! 

Hey Frittz, it seems you are new to our forums, so: Welcome to our Forums... Please enjoy your stay :)

It's hard to tell much of that tiny image... But i personally think it won't dissapoint... Neither visually or in gameplay

User is offline   Frittz 

Thanks for the welcome.
I did The Aqua Series a Looooong time ago now.
With this new news I am hoping to see more on the Duke soon.
Would be a thrill to do new maps with a new engine. :)

User is offline   Micki! 

I hope the community is going to grow enormously once DNF is out... i'm very excited already to see what people would want to create..! :)

Hopefully most people will join here to do so B)

User is offline   Micki! 

New screenshot:
http://www.duke4.net...omment.news.137

Start discussing :)

[EDIT:]
Has been removed, for some adjustments... i forgot the news post setup works differently with links (that said, they didn't work)

Go to 3DR forums instead
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.p...7853#post537853

User is offline   hiob 

Damn that Pigcop looks sexy.

User is offline   Micki! 

I'd hit it...

With the mighty boot :)

• Honored Donor

AWESOME! B) It looks great! I wasn't expecting another screen so soon! :)

User is offline   Nihilanth 

Posted Image

:)

User is offline   Micki! 

There's a slight resemblance...
The big difference, is the Pigcop looks alot more kickass... :)

Yeah, it looks great. It's just, that Hellknight screenshot was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing new Pig Cop.

BTW: I have absolutely missed the fact that Pig Cop still has hair. :)

Maybe it would impress me more if he was wearing his cop costume :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Cerb, you must admit thiough it's pretty cool looking... B) at least form what i can see on that little picture :)

If a Uniform won't make it in the final game, i am VERY sure the Mod Community will create it...

As i said over at 3DR today, i believe the Mod Community will remind alot of the Doom 3 mod Community... With similar stuff, like gameplay tweaks, and (like this case) alterated models, and skins...

We'll probably see some sort of Duke3D mod for DNF B) weapons, models, and what needed being altered to be more like Duke3D

I think the Pig Cop looks great, and I like the idea of not having the uniform. In DN3D the Pig Cops came from LAPD that were mutated into the pigs.

And looking at the size of the Pig Cop in that screen... the uniform would rip off when he was mutated. I think it looks better this way, more believable.

View PostMicki!, on May 24 2007, 11:30 PM, said:

Cerb, you must admit thiough it's pretty cool looking... :) at least form what i can see on that little picture B)

I must admit? Wooaa I beter listen to the moderator:
I admit it's cool looking B)

I don't like that shine on the pigcop though, it's something I see in a lot of upcoming games. What's with that anyway. It feels so fantasy medieval MMORPG alike B)

View PostMicki!, on May 24 2007, 11:30 PM, said:

If a Uniform won't make it in the final game, i am VERY sure the Mod Community will create it...

I'll play my games as they are anyway, I don't like installing mods B)

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostCerberus_e, on May 25 2007, 04:51 AM, said:

I'll play my games as they are anyway, I don't like installing mods :)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with MODS though... it won't corrupt the game in any way, and "change" it... as long the game has mod support that is (which i highly expect)

Installing mods, in most cases, is simply choosing the mod you got from a Mods list in the game menu... you can always go back and forth, and play whatever you just feel like...

It's one of the best benefits PC games have too... B)
I recomend at least giving mods a try, especially if it's something that appealt your taste (like a well made skin/model for DNF if the time comes)

But i'm not telling you, just recomending B)
You'll probably like teh game anyways... Especially the Battlelord... i must always think, if the Pigcop looks this extreme, how will the Battlelord look..? B) (well, i hope it HAS armor:D)

View PostMicki!, on May 25 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with MODS though... it won't corrupt the game in any way, and "change" it... as long the game has mod support that is (which i highly expect)

Installing mods, in most cases, is simply choosing the mod you got from a Mods list in the game menu... you can always go back and forth, and play whatever you just feel like...

It's one of the best benefits PC games have too... B)
I recomend at least giving mods a try, especially if it's something that appealt your taste (like a well made skin/model for DNF if the time comes)

Such small changes togames just do't excite me... I just like to play the game as it's supposed to be played :) If I install a mod I constantly have the feeling like I'm not playing the original game anymore B)

View PostMicki!, on May 25 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

(well, i hope it HAS armor:D)

Haha B)
Well, I hope it looks EXACTLY like in Duke3D with identical colours, relative measurements, etc B)

User is offline   Micki! 

As long i can recognize it by just looking at it, i'm happy... i don't want the design to look much more different, so that a note saying "this is the Battlelord" would be necessary...

And for gods sake, don't change the Octabrain design too radically 3DR, it seemed just fine in the 2001 trailer :)

I have to say that I really like it that they haven't made just h!-res Pig Cop. It's like a lot of people expected it and I think the same goes for other monsters that make their comeback. However it's no longer Duke3D. It's DNF.

There's nothing bad in expecting monsters to look alike their moms and dads in Duke3D but really, some people should learn to accept changes. I read some of the comments at 3DR forums and I just think that a lot of guys out there pay too much attention to differences between old and new Pig Cop. You know, "he doesn't have cop suit" type of thing. Isn't it more important how it looks now rather than the fact that it looks different? After all it's clear that it's still Pig Cop. And to me as long as it's not a new random monster with the old name, it's fine. Hmm, but in the end DOOM 3 monster designs look much different than originals but they are still awesome... ;)

BTW:

Cerberus_e said:

(...) I just like to play the game as it's supposed to be played If I install a mod I constantly have the feeling like I'm not playing the original game anymore (...)

Same here.

Do you think it is a boss pigcop or just a pigcop pigcop?

I fully think it needs some traces of a EDF uniform on it. Arent these badboys mutated EDF agents anyway?

he looks huge! needs hair, ripped up edf uniform and glowing red eyes. :)

I can accept changes, but this doesn't look like a pig cop. Just a pig.
If they call this enemy (considering this is the version like he'll be in the game) pig COP it doesn't even make sense :)
Maybe they have multiple versions. One with a full suit, one with a torn suit, one without suit, etc... then it's OK. They just showed the least exciting version then.
...except if this is a different enemy alltogether B)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options