Duke4.net Forums: banned from GBX forums?! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

banned from GBX forums?!

I made a new account because I wanted a new name, renaming isn't an option there, so I made a new acount having the intention to abandon my old one! No some hours later I wanted to login....but nothing! I just realised Joe banned my both accounts! :D

I had no bad intention. With this new situation and all I forgot to delete my old account (if that is possible) or tell it Joe to delete my old account.

Now I feel sick! :D I contaced Joe 2 times...waiting for an email now. :D

User is offline   Tedades 

Don't worry!
Joe is probably very busy at the moment with all the new forum members.
If you need to post anything on the forums (before your account is active again), just send me a PM and I'll post it for you :D

User is offline   Nacho 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Sep 4 2010, 10:04 AM, said:

I made a new account because I wanted a new name, renaming isn't an option there, so I made a new acount having the intention to abandon my old one! No some hours later I wanted to login....but nothing! I just realised Joe banned my both accounts! :D

I had no bad intention. With this new situation and all I forgot to delete my old account (if that is possible) or tell it Joe to delete my old account.

Now I feel sick! :D I contaced Joe 2 times...waiting for an email now. :D

I have no jurisdiction at GBX but I can tell you what you did was a no no. You just can't do it... isn't allowed. Chances are slim that things will work in your favor in the getting unbanned department but you tried... so who knows.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You should have read the forum rules. They are very different over there. They state that one of the things that will get you an instant ban is if you make double accounts. You should have just PMed a MOD to change your forum name.

I wasn't banned Joe just warned me...I can login into my old account now. I told him that it was a mistake...ALWAYS read the forum rules! :D

User is offline   Tedades 

So, everything is fine again? :D

problem is they can't change the user name! This option was disabled because too many people wanted new names!

This is why I created a new account in the first place.

I still want my JobiVanDuke name! I asked him if he can change it back...we will see.

This post has been edited by Jobi-Wan Kenobi: 04 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

Be careful, Jobi. I need to put together a PM for you and a few others.

They aren't going to walk all over us anymore - I'll make sure of that
Remember to back down from the naysayers, that crap is off-topic anyway.

and don't ever mention any mods action/inaction around there. It'll be Perm Ban Hammer.

I've seen the name calling and hatred of fans already begin - be justly prepared.

The other thing I'll mention is the point system -
We got it good now.
and the policies that moderators are bound to in their posts and actions -
We got it good now.

:D

This post has been edited by KO Gilligan: 04 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

User is offline   You 

I fucking love you Jobi.

Two days in: BANNED.

WTF! I knew Gearbox failed hard, but banning the god of the DNF community??? What losers, we shall not stand for this!

BTW, I am been serious!

my old account is still online! JobivanHiob that is..I'm posting there...still waiting to get my new one back though :D

User is offline   You 

View PostHigh Treason, on Sep 4 2010, 04:13 PM, said:

WTF! I knew Gearbox failed hard, but banning the god of the DNF community??? What losers, we shall not stand for this!

BTW, I am been serious!

Well I more meant that I loved Jobi for managing to get banned from the DNF forums in a short time...

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Why make it public over here anyway?

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

He is an attention whore...

Which reminds me: why is this thread in the DNF section? HighTreason was also banned and he posted a comment in the Post Thread...where things like this belong.

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 04 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

As for the Gearbox Rules, fans need to remember that repetitive, irritating, low/no content posts (which is the reason some fans were flamed as "Duketards" and such in the first place back at 3DR) count towards warning points that can result in bandom as well, but most likely only a short or medium-term ban.

As these are minor offenses, the points will decay, and such users will eventually return to zero warning points.

Trolling and flaming (the stuff a lot of the cynics did at 3DR) counts towards higher points which don't decay. As such, once a user racks up enough points for a short ban, he/she is just a few points away from a medium ban, and then a few points later a permanent ban.

User is offline   Rellik 

Well, HighTreason has the honor of having the first locked thread over there(besides Joe's Pizza Thread)...

Congrats are in order I guess :D

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostRellik, on Sep 4 2010, 11:16 PM, said:

Well, HighTreason has the honor of having the first locked thread over there(besides Joe's Pizza Thread)...

Congrats are in order I guess :D

Joe is using the power invested in him, doing his job like he did at 3dr, but with a new set of locks!
Might I ask what was the threads topic?

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

HT posted in the Post Thread..and Scotty shared the link. Look there.
I'd like to request that this is either moved or merged to the Post Thread or something. It isn't about DNF.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Agreed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options