Duke4.net Forums: Dukonnector Help Please! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dukonnector Help Please!

Hi guys just a quick question, I have been recently enjoying Duke 3d on Dukonnector on my LAN with 3 PC's running (all XP) Ah Memories! I recently salvaged an old K6-2/475 my friend was throwing out. I got it setup on my LAN running Windows 98 SE and setup all firewall issues etc but cannot join/host games, whenever I join LAN games. The server starts up the dos box and repeatadly sends requests but there is no reply from the Win 98 pc. I have found that GTA1 does not like different operating systems on a LAN game is this the case with Dukonnector as well. Any help much appreciated!

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Well, i'm using it together with either eDuke32 or DukesterX (ports for the game)
I'm not sure if Dukonnecktor is supposed to work without these ports

Yeh I run Dukonnector with xDuke and have been playing over my LAN on XP with 3 machines. It runs fine on its own on Windows 98SE but won't connect/host games in Dukonnector.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

That's strange... i don't really know how i can help here (i'm not all familar with the setup)

i hope someone else comes in to help you...

View Poststevester162000, on Jan 10 2007, 10:45 PM, said:

Hi guys just a quick question, I have been recently enjoying Duke 3d on Dukonnector on my LAN with 3 PC's running (all XP) Ah Memories! I recently salvaged an old K6-2/475 my friend was throwing out. I got it setup on my LAN running Windows 98 SE and setup all firewall issues etc but cannot join/host games, whenever I join LAN games. The server starts up the dos box and repeatadly sends requests but there is no reply from the Win 98 pc. I have found that GTA1 does not like different operating systems on a LAN game is this the case with Dukonnector as well. Any help much appreciated!

make sure you have:
1. On the old win98 computer, you have set the work group of the same name of all the others. usualy people choose "MSHOME" or "Workgroup" for their workgroup name.
2. on the local address of each computer, if all computers have a different last
cell of the local ip its GOOD, but if any other cells of their local address are different
then its not good.
for example:
= Good!
= Bad!
= Bad!

anyway, if that doesnt solve the problem, then just make sure that this win98
computer is connected through the same gateway.

All PC's are in the same workgroup, and Static I.Ps configured correctly. I can share files with the Win 98 Pc and can ping it and can run loads of other multiplayer games for example Doom 95, Quake 2, GTA 2, Quake 3, Rogue Spear with no lag and no crashes. Its just Dukonnector, I can see the host room and join but whenever I start a game it freezes on "Sending greeting to 192.168.1.90 on port 2301" All firewalls configured and router configured too. Absolutely stuck!

View Poststevester162000, on Jan 14 2007, 09:34 PM, said:

All PC's are in the same workgroup, and Static I.Ps configured correctly. I can share files with the Win 98 Pc and can ping it and can run loads of other multiplayer games for example Doom 95, Quake 2, GTA 2, Quake 3, Rogue Spear with no lag and no crashes. Its just Dukonnector, I can see the host room and join but whenever I start a game it freezes on "Sending greeting to 192.168.1.90 on port 2301" All firewalls configured and router configured too. Absolutely stuck!

Ok then,
-Make sure that in dukonnector, Settings -> Connection
the option "under a router" is the selected one.
-Download the latest version of dukonnector.exe.
-when you want to host a lan room, make sure you have selected the "lan" option.
-try to play. if that didnt work too, try other modes, like eduke32 on peer to peer, eduke32 on master slave, jfduke on master slave on game port 23513,
xduke on peer 2 peer..
-if those modes didnt help you, too bad i have nothing else to say :)
though dukonnector has no bugs on multiplayer at all, it gives 100% pure
parameters to the duke ports.

Thanks I tried all of those suggestions but still couldnt get it to work grr!. So I installed Windows 2000 and Dukkonector works fine now and I am enjoying some 3 player co-op with my brothers! What a classic game never gets old. Thanks for your help!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options