Duke4.net Forums: If at PAX, gearbox says that it never touched DNF (quite likely) then can we finally call the game dead? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

If at PAX, gearbox says that it never touched DNF (quite likely) then can we finally call the game dead?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 31 2010, 03:39 AM, said:

Tx is not a duketard. If he says there is a link, that means he got the information from somewhere other than out of his ass.

Or he could be making you all look like fools for lol's

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostThe Commander, on Aug 30 2010, 02:31 PM, said:

Or he could be making you all look like fools for lol's

Very possible.

User is offline   crkfiend 

If DNF isn't announced in some form or way (Comment, trailer, etc...) I demand my username be deleted from Duke4.net. I've already lurked around here for far too long, and It would probably be amusing for you fellas.

View Postcrkfiend, on Aug 30 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

If DNF isn't announced in some form or way (Comment, trailer, etc...) I demand my username be deleted from Duke4.net. I've already lurked around here for far too long, and It would probably be amusing for you fellas.

Can we just delete him now and get it over with???

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postcrkfiend, on Aug 30 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

He's pulling a Disruptor.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postcanada4duke, on Aug 31 2010, 10:57 AM, said:

User is offline   crkfiend 

View Postcanada4duke, on Aug 31 2010, 11:57 AM, said:

No. It must happen after PAX.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postcrkfiend, on Aug 31 2010, 08:44 AM, said:

No. It must happen after PAX.

Well, can't we just assume it didn't happen? I say that based on all the other completely arbitrary dates or milestones set by Duketards over the last decade or so that came and went with no news or resolution.

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 31 2010, 09:50 AM, said:

Well, can't we just assume it didn't happen? I say that based on all the other completely arbitrary dates or milestones set by Duketards over the last decade or so that came and went with no news or resolution.

So the 2010 release date that Duketards guessed last year before May was incorrect was it? No it wasn't. Just bad luck the lay off happened.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postblackharted, on Aug 31 2010, 09:41 AM, said:

So the 2010 release date that Duketards guessed last year before May was incorrect was it? No it wasn't. Just bad luck the lay off happened.

Sorry, if you cry wolf 1000 times, if you just happen to get it right once, it gets listed as chance.

(for room full of monkeys read: 'forum of Duketards' for complete works of William Shakespeare read: 'Real DNF Release date')

Oh, and your 'release date' wasn't correct as it wasn't released.

I'm gonna be in Taiwan this weekend and all next week so I won't be around to see the fate of this thread... but I hope everyone has a great weekend.

• I have the power!

View PostWieder, on Aug 31 2010, 02:50 PM, said:

but I hope everyone has a great weekend.

DNF at Gearbox and PAX confirmed.

I prefer to think of it like a grizzled old soldier wishing his fellow soldiers luck before watching them go off to a war where most of them aren't going to make it back in one piece. But the ones who do will be better for it.

oh Wieder....you just made us crap our pants! :wacko:

• I have the power!

I would withdraw my statement but...well, it is too late now. :wacko:

I beat you because I love you. :) :wacko:

can't wait for PAX

This post has been edited by Jobi-Wan Kenobi: 31 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

you should have edited your first post Charlie. Now its too late. :wacko:

haha... doh.

I think the only thing confirmed is we see what we want to see. :wacko:

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostWieder, on Aug 31 2010, 03:18 PM, said:

where most of them aren't going to make it back in one piece. But the ones who do will be better for it.

:wacko:

I want to see DNF, so I see it happening! Thoughts can creat reality ya know. :) :wacko:

Not making it back in one piece is generally considered a bad thing.

depends on who will come back not in one piece. Duketards or Naytards. :wacko:

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostWieder, on Aug 31 2010, 09:18 PM, said:

I prefer to think of it like a grizzled old soldier wishing his fellow soldiers luck before watching them go off to a war where most of them aren't going to make it back in one piece. But the ones who do will be better for it.

This is what I think about your post:

DNF WONT be at Pax.

Charlie going to Taiwan: he knows a crapstorm is coming, and preffers to stay out of the way.

Grizzled old soldier: became it after all his long years working in Dnf.

Wishing his fellow soldiers luck before going to war: They are going to confirm they have nothing to do with Dnf's development at all.

Most of them aren't going to make it back in one piece: The media and internet are going to rip them apart

But the ones who do will be better for it: Some of them will be able to handle the critics and they will deliver.

So, no Dnf at PAX :wacko:

View PostPsyrgery, on Aug 31 2010, 10:23 PM, said:

This is what I think about your post:

DNF WONT be at Pax.

Charlie going to Taiwan: he knows a crapstorm is coming, and preffers to stay out of the way.

Grizzled old soldier: became it after all his long years working in Dnf.

Wishing his fellow soldiers luck before going to war: They are going to confirm they have nothing to do with Dnf's development at all.

Most of them aren't going to make it back in one piece: The media and internet are going to rip them apart

But the ones who do will be better for it: Some of them will be able to handle the critics and they will deliver.

So, no Dnf at PAX :)

Don't make me cry! :wacko: B)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

If DNF = Star Trek TNG, Wieder = Wheaton. :wacko: :)

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

OMG Charlie just confirmed:

Duke Nukem Forever scrapped. Incorporated into Duke Begins being worked on by Gearbox. Release date:

WHEN IT'S DONE! :wacko:

I kid, I kid.

Kinda.......... :)

Really at this point though in all seriousness, if Gearbox doesn't come out and basically say "the game is done" or even give
us a street date, I will be very let down.

I've been under the impression(based on various things) that Gearbox has been on DNF since last year. If they only recently
picked the game up this past May, the game is nowhere near being done yet and we're looking at next summer at the earliest.

I don't feel so good.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Aug 31 2010, 07:57 PM, said:

DNF at Gearbox and PAX confirmed.

maybe I'm missing something, but is it for real? is it really confirmed? Link?

This post has been edited by Honza7: 31 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

User is offline   Sebastian 

Read the post above it, Honza7...

• I have the power!

View PostHonza7, on Aug 31 2010, 06:08 PM, said:

maybe I'm missing something, but is it for real? is it really confirmed? Link?

I quoted Weider. He is an employee at Gearbox (I think he is still there) and a former 3DR employee who worked on DNF for a long time (at least 2 generations of the game).

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options