Duke4.net Forums: Dnf For Xbox 360 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf For Xbox 360

User is offline   St3amb0 

According to this Hiring, http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewj...mp;accountno=95
DNF will be made also for the XBOX 360.
Please 3DR don't delay DNF for Windows PC's because of a console port!
So guys do you think DNF on 360 will be as good as on pc, and will it be released at the same time as the PC-Version?

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

It won't be as good as the PC version, and no one knows if it will be released at the same time with the PC version.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I remember a quote that said that DNF first priority is to get on the PC...
That said, as long they haven't changed theier minds from this, they'll want to either release it on PC first, or simultaneously on both... That's the only wise choises i can think of...

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

This is interesting, I didn't think that they were even considering a console port yet. It's good that they're far enough along with the development of the game to start the xbox 360 version. B) Also, now that I have an Xbox 360, I'll be able to get it for both platforms when it comes out. :)

Who says they are far enough to start working with the Xbox 360? Planning doesn't mean it's already being executed :)

This information being in job ads would suggest that the people they will hire be working on both a Windows and Xbox 360 version of the game which further suggest that such a version already exists in particular because these persons aren't being hired to to the porting work.

Again they will be working on both platforms. In addition to this George has prior to this already hinted about DNF running on Xbox 360 development kits, see the end of this shacknews post of his.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

So, they're doing the same as they did with Prey when they used Venom to create it..?

Just, this time it's not another company, but themselves..?

I don't know it might still be Venom or some similar company doing the porting but with DNF that might not be necessary since Venom re-write Prey's renderer to use Direct X instead of OpenGL. DNF is already an OpenGL game.

DirectX you mean?

Yeah ofcourse, my bad.

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

It would be cool if 3D Realms could do the port themselves. :)

Also, thanks for the link to that post of George's on Shacknews, Kristian. B)

User is offline   Charger 

I am not a fan of Xbox 360, PC is my life " oldies but goldies " B)
BUT Xbox 360, or should i say console phenomena is growing bigger and bigger so 3DR might hit the weak spot of game industry, releasing the sequel of a legendary game on consoles -----> MONEY WILL FLOW around 3dr :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options