Duke4.net Forums: Sega Will Hatch 'alien' Games - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sega Will Hatch 'alien' Games

User is offline   hiob 

Sega plans to develop two games based on the "Alien"-universe, though not the precise timeline of the movies and they may add some new things to the universe.
One game will be a First-Person Shooter, the other a Role-playing game, they plan to release the first game in 2008.
Hopefully Sega doesn't screw up.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I've thought many thoughts aboutt his, and i don't know what to expect... an RPG sounds like an interesting idea, since i hardly can imagine this... i wonder if they can actually make something out of it B) (as an Alien fan, i certainly hope so)

I like the idea of an Alien FPS though... unlike AVP/AVP2, they can now exclusively focus on making a scary horror FPS... Unless the intention was to make it so you controlled an alien (THAT would be interesting)

Though, what i always had wanted, will always be an AVP3 by Monolith... :)

User is offline   hiob 

I think that these games really could be awesome, with Gearbox (Brothers in Arms) developing the FPS and Obsidian (Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2) developing the RPG. :)
By the way here's a teaser website

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Not that alien radar again...
Never liked tension in games. Got enough stress at work. B)

I think I've seen enough of Alien.
What's there left to make of it. (except money)
Maybe if the alien looks and acts different then what we are used to.
Less Gothic and sneaky. And give it a voice so it can taunt the player. :)

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostRedSplat, on Dec 13 2006, 06:41 PM, said:

Not that alien radar again...
Never liked tension in games. Got enough stress at work. B)

I think I've seen enough of Alien.
What's there left to make of it. (except money)
Maybe if the alien looks and acts different then what we are used to.
Less Gothic and sneaky. And give it a voice so it can taunt the player. B)

Nooo!!! :)

I deffenately don't think enough Alien games have been made... Especially FPS's.. (AVP not counted in this, as it is not entirely about Alien)

I am very excited to know that there is a new Alien game coming... I never got that real Alien feel in any other game... Parts in AVP 1 and 2 did have some, but that wasn't the whole game, and somewhere it broke up from "cool Alien atmosphere", to "nonstop action againts Aliens"... the Fear and Alien-ish feel kinda vanished over time... B)

Besides, now Gearbox has hired some ex-3DR employees, it can't be bad at all... B)

In my eyes, i see Gearbox as some sort of mini-3DR now, since some known 3DR veterans work there now...
I can't imagine this company to make a game that is not enjoyable...
And Charlie (who also works there) is an Alien fan, and i doubt he's the only one there who is... So they probably know what to do to make it work out...

You weren't kidding right..? B)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Nope, just being my pessimistic presumptuous self. :)
I am a pretty big fan of the first movie but i'm just not excited anymore by dark corridors filled with steam and scratching noises. Isn't that what it's gonna be when they stick to the movie(s)?

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostRedSplat, on Dec 14 2006, 06:52 PM, said:

Nope, just being my pessimistic presumptuous self. B)
I am a pretty big fan of the first movie but i'm just not excited anymore by dark corridors filled with steam and scratching noises. Isn't that what it's gonna be when they stick to the movie(s)?

I think that depends on which play-style it'll have... All it needs is a fresh story/plot and something that makes people want to drive through the whole thing...
It can still have all those steamy corridors, and whatever Alien-ish envrironments needed to make it true to the movies

Anyways, if we're lucky (aye, me hopes) we may actually get some innovative new elements that actually fits WELL with the Alien universe :)
The 2'nd movie had more than just scares and corridors...
And an innovative game company might add something completely different (big outside environments or something) that makes it worth giving a shot

I also believe if a game is made, there's a 90% chance of it being based entirely of the 2'nd movie's period (mainly because of the weapons i think)

Did you like the 2'nd movie..? (Aliens)

User is offline   hiob 

Aliens is awesome, my favorite movie of the whole series, so it would be great if they fit it in that time-period.
This game wll be great as long as they don't make a story about a spaceship that crashes near a college or something :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options