Duke4.net Forums: Mouse bug with multiple screen - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mouse bug with multiple screen

User is offline   chag 

Hi,

I just installed Eduke32 (2.0.0.devel.20100704.r1671-1 on ubuntu 10.04 64) and when i move the mouse or roll the mousewheel, i turn right. I tried to enable/disable the mouse aiming but it's always the same. When I move the mouse, i only turn right. No matter what direction I move the mouse.

Does ne1 have an idea ?

Edit :

Ok, after some tries, i finally discovered that my mouse problems where related to my multiple screen configuration. After changing my xorg.conf to use just 1 screen, my mouse is now ok. may be this is related to xinerama. I don't know. I can help by testing things if needed.

Chag

This post has been edited by chag: 09 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Sounds like a SDL bug, really. :/

I'm having the same problem. I have three monitors on two NVidia Geforce 8800 GTX's with Xinerama enabled. I'm running Ubuntu Lucid 64-bit on it. When I run Duke Nukem 3D using eduke32 it seems to run fine, but any mouse movement, in any direction, just results in my character spinning to the right very rapidly. The mouse buttons appear to work normally. If I change the scale of the X-axis to be negative in the mouse settings, I spin to the left, so the bug is somewhere before that processing.

I don't think the bug is in SDL. I don't have this problem with any other SDL based program, and I even wrote a short SDL program myself just to check what mouse events it sends, and they are perfectly normal.

User is offline   chag 

View PostCaptain Chaos, on 06 September 2010 - 11:06 AM, said:

I don't think the bug is in SDL. I don't have this problem with any other SDL based program, and I even wrote a short SDL program myself just to check what mouse events it sends, and they are perfectly normal.

Hi,

Yes, 3 months since your message :). I thought it was a sdl probleme as I had exactly the same problem with an other SDL game. Now, I bought a Matrox triplehead2go to plugin my 3 screens and it works much better. No more problems with duke. I can finally play it (juste reinstalled it today ! :) )

User is offline   Greg 

View Postchag, on 14 December 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Hi,

Yes, 3 months since your message :P. I thought it was a sdl probleme as I had exactly the same problem with an other SDL game. Now, I bought a Matrox triplehead2go to plugin my 3 screens and it works much better. No more problems with duke. I can finally play it (juste reinstalled it today ! :P )

Reviving this from the dead, I have a triple screen Radeon setup that Eduke32 looks great on, but any attempt to use the mouse makes one spin to the right like a top.

Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot this?

I'm not a real coder but I have been driving a compiler occasionally for 20 years...

This post has been edited by Greg: 02 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options