Duke4.net Forums: news next month?! - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

news next month?!

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Ugh, what the fuck am I doing? I'm not thinking straight... My mind is all over the place as it is right now, and It's fucking hard to cope with sometimes. It's like a car out of control, steering every which direction away from my normal train of thought, making me think of disturbing things I normally wouldn't think about, or confusing me and causing me to say something totally different than my intention, or say nothing at all when I should have spoken. When that shit happens a lot, it's fucking hard not to sound like a fucking hypocrite, and I hate it. It's why I fucking hate myself more than any human being on the planet, particularly when I'm angry... because I cannot stand hypocrites. A lot of the time, I don't even know what the fuck is going on inside my head. All I know, is that I'm pissed the fuck off, and everything else is just like a drunken blur.

In the real world, or when I'm in a community I'm not pissed off at*, It's usually not so much of a problem, as I'm usually more calm and collected.
It's once I start getting bothered by things, my thoughts spin out of control.

Despite all that, Some of my points still stand regardless.

*yes, I am pissed off at the DNF communities (3DR and Duke4), because the endless amount of stupidity that gets posted all over the place. There are a few exceptions, as there are some pretty cool people in the community, and, as a mod maker myself, I have a lot of respect for some of the people who are making great mods for Duke Nukem 3D. Also, there are some people who think before they post, and aren't assholes towards everyone, so I'm pretty cool with them too.

Yes. Because it was a stupid analogy. "Looking down"/arrogant => Nazi.

Looks like you missed the "Sub-Human" part of the analogy, but whatever. It was the only analogy I could come up with at the time, my thoughts were going a million miles a minute, and still are. If I gave myself time to think it through longer, I would have come up with something better.

Anyhow. I'd explain more about why I'm in the state of mind I'm in at the moment (A very disturbing reason), but I don't want to sound more like an asshole than I likely already am.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 07 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 7 2010, 07:40 PM, said:

Looks like you missed the "Sub-Human" part of the analogy, but whatever.

I thought about adding "ubermensch" in the middle, but decided not to. Being "arrogant" is too broad to link it to Nazi Germany. It's not like someone suggested killing the jews.

Anyhow. I'd explain more about why I'm in the state of mind I'm in at the moment (A very disturbing reason), but I don't want to sound more like an asshole than I likely already am.

You don't have to explain a personal matter. You admitted your mistake(whatever the reason it had) and that's enough.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Aug 5 2010, 04:09 PM, said:

If anything is "fucked up" around here, this is it. This website has lost its way. It never was 100% perfect here, but ever since May of last year, it has gotten worse. It's no longer a fan site. It appears to be more of an anti-DNF site. People shouldn't be attacked for trying to find info about the game, even if the info they find turns out to be nothing. At least they tried. Now, if there was people finding stuff and claiming it was DNF related without proof or just plain making shit up, then no, that shouldn't be tolerated.

Stop being so precious, you know that 99% of the crap in this section is made up.

So, what you are saying is, that Duketards can make up whatever BS they like and turn this section into a sewer and that's OK. They can tell people to "Go die in a fire" and that's OK. But if we protest this and say that this forum should have some standards and that you should have something to say before you post - that you shouldn't be allowed to just post for the sake of it - then that is being mean and horrible and a troll.

Oh, and strikerman780 - you wouldn't have got that upset if you had a life, so obviously you don't.

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 7 2010, 11:16 AM, said:

Stop being so precious, you know that 99% of the crap in this section is made up.

So, what you are saying is, that Duketards can make up whatever BS they like and turn this section into a sewer and that's OK. They can tell people to "Go die in a fire" and that's OK. But if we protest this and say that this forum should have some standards and that you should have something to say before you post - that you shouldn't be allowed to just post for the sake of it - then that is being mean and horrible and a troll.

Oh, and strikerman780 - you wouldn't have got that upset if you had a life, so obviously you don't.

All 100% true.

User is offline   Reavantos 

View Postblackharted, on Aug 7 2010, 03:18 PM, said:

All 100% true.

you would think the guy who made a thread and has a title about someone stealing his avatar would have more to say :)

User is offline   Edli 

all i'm hearing in here for the most part is

wah wah wah
bitch bitch bitch
moan moan moan
and whine whine whine

jesus christ, what's happened to the duke nukem community in general

you've all become nothing more than a bunch of whiny tits

also, inb4 some jagoff tries to reverse what I just said on me :J

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 7 2010, 03:16 PM, said:

Not always and you know that.

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 7 2010, 03:16 PM, said:

Yes, they should be able to. No, not make stuff up, but be able to post something that may seem to be DNF related. Otherwise, how are we going to find news. For example, I first broke the news to this site about the Duke Nukem Trilogy. Mostly everyone didn't believe it, but it turned out to be true. Unless someone posts something that could absolutely, most definitely not be DNF related, then in my opinion we should be allowed to speculate. Well, I wasn't the one who said "Go die in a fire" and I wouldn't support that being said.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Well, the flame war is a little earlier than I expected it...oh well.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Aug 7 2010, 09:28 PM, said:

Well, the flame war is a little earlier than I expected it...oh well.

If you want to make things interesting you should have poured some gas on the fire.

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 7 2010, 08:04 PM, said:

If you want to make things interesting you should have poured some gas on the fire.

I can do that.

(BTW Reavantos I do have to say I just won't.)

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 August 2010 - 03:19 AM

• Auramancer

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 7 2010, 04:16 PM, said:

you wouldn't have got that upset if you had a life, so obviously you don't.

Ah, back to this "Get a life" bullshit mode of thinking again. Let me put it to you this way then:

Getting a life is a completely abstract idea, there's no solid definition as to what having a life is.
The only definition I can come up with is: I'm alive, aren't I? I have a life, and that life is mine, and mine only. Nobody can tell me what to do with my life. This is my life, and I can do whatever the hell I please with it, as long as I can find some happiness within that life. What I do with my life is nobody Else's business, and what should they care about it as long as I'm not hurting anyone? Sure, I don't have the best social skills, I'll admit... But I make a decent wage at my job, I have some very kind and supportive friends, and I'm happy with that. And yes, I do have problems, I have a mental handicap, there are family issues going on (Though, my relationship with my family is good, it's just them that are at each others necks. Financial issues too.), I'm constantly plauged by horrific nightmares and am afraid to sleep, so I'm tired 99% of the time, and I've also got a very high level of hate for society, and feel absolutely no need to contribute back to it. (With a lot of valid reasons why.)

So, back to the point. This is to everyone - If someone tells you to get a life, don't fret; You already have one. It might not be the perfect life, but you have it, and just be happy with that. Do whatever you can to improve it as you please. The only people without lives, are those who are dead. If you don't have a life, you obviously don't exist.

And to clear one thing up: It seems to be a habit here to label everyone a troll. I've never came here with the intention to troll people, and just because something I say doesn't sit well with others, and causes a shitstorm, doesn't make me one.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 08 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 8 2010, 10:03 AM, said:

Ah, back to this "Get a life" bullshit mode of thinking again. Let me put it to you this way then:

Getting a life is a completely abstract idea, there's no solid definition as to what having a life is.
The only definition I can come up with is: I'm alive, aren't I? I have a life, and that life is mine, and mine only. Nobody can tell me what to do with my life. This is my life, and I can do whatever the hell I please with it, as long as I can find some happiness within that life. What I do with my life is nobody Else's business, and what should they care about it as long as I'm not hurting anyone? Sure, I don't have the best social skills, I'll admit... But I make a decent wage at my job, I have some very kind and supportive friends, and I'm happy with that. And yes, I do have problems, I have a mental handicap, there are family issues going on (Though, my relationship with my family is good, it's just them that are at each others necks. Financial issues too.), I'm constantly plauged by horrific nightmares and am afraid to sleep, so I'm tired 99% of the time, and I've also got a very high level of hate for society, and feel absolutely no need to contribute back to it. (With a lot of valid reasons why.)

So, back to the point. This is to everyone - If someone tells you to get a life, don't fret; You already have one. It might not be the perfect life, but you have it, and just be happy with that. Do whatever you can to improve it as you please. The only people without lives, are those who are dead. If you don't have a life, you obviously don't exist.

And to clear one thing up: It seems to be a habit here to label everyone a troll. I've never came here with the intention to troll people, and just because something I say doesn't sit well with others, and causes a shitstorm, doesn't make me one.

Mental Handicap? I never knew that. Well apart from that I relate to all of it.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I personally like StrikerMan780.

Also, this thread is going way off track now. :wacko:

View PostYatta, on Aug 8 2010, 09:23 AM, said:

I personally like StrikerMan780.

Also, this thread is going way off track now. :wacko:

Why? hes a troll and the reason the for thread going off topic.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostYatta, on Aug 9 2010, 05:23 AM, said:

Also, this thread is going way off track now. :)

Duke Nukem Forever: Fanny Boys :wacko:

• Auramancer

View Postblackharted, on Aug 8 2010, 02:41 PM, said:

Why? hes a troll and the reason the for thread going off topic.

Get your facts straight, it went off-topic long before I posted. It just remained that way.

Believe me, if I were trolling, this thread would have been 1000x worse.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 08 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Aug 8 2010, 01:02 PM, said:

Get your facts straight, it went off-topic long before I posted. It just remained that way.

Believe me, if I were trolling, this thread would have been 1000x worse.

Well you didn't help at all.

User is offline   Valdsator 

View Postblackharted, on Aug 8 2010, 03:09 PM, said:

Well you didn't help at all.

You're not helping that much either, with your, "I agree 100% guiz."
:3

View PostValdsator, on Aug 8 2010, 12:11 PM, said:

You're not helping that much either, with your, "I agree 100% guiz."
:3

How can that not be helping? I agreeing to get back on topic.

User is offline   Metalwolf 

*BACK ON TOPIC *BACK ON TOPIC *BACK ON TOPIC*

News of Duke? I would love to hear it. :)

I just wish George would be more timely about it. :wacko:

User is offline   Reavantos 

I heard it was going to be the launch title for the phantom gaming console...

j/k

User is offline   Edli 

reavantos

get out

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options