Duke4.net Forums: The Game WIP - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Game WIP  "My first episode"

User is offline   underTaker 

I've started building my episode. It will be first thing i will release for Duke (except NBCBP). I have mapped before, but i've never released anything. I wanted this episode to be 3D-Realms styled.

Something about the plot... Aliens want's to instal dangerous virus as DNF game (thats where the title if from), to create something like Skynet.

This will be city-based episode. I owe big thanks to RazorZ who helps me alot with advices and fixes on the map. I'm planning it to be about 7 level episode, with 2 secret levels (that proppably will be my better old maps, edited for it). Here are some screenies:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Later i will post more screens.

This post has been edited by underTaker: 26 July 2010 - 12:55 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Looks pretty good dude.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Looking forward to this, city/high tech maps are my favourite. 7 levels? how do you find the time? :)

Well... i got VACATION :) and as i said - i will use my two older levels as secret ones, just about an hour of work to edit them properly.

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostunderTaker, on Jul 26 2010, 01:53 PM, said:

Well... i got VACATION :) and as i said - i will use my two older levels as secret ones, just about an hour of work to edit them properly.

And I´m giving my helping hand to development of these levels so don´t worry, this gonna be great episode. :)

User is offline   Shawneth 

Can't wait, looks like fun, a virus put into a game? LOL how does that work?

View Postoporix, on Jul 26 2010, 05:24 PM, said:

Like when you are pirating, and download games from suspicious sources, you may get viruses, instead of games :) Thoose creepy aliens want's to do something like that and create second Skynet :)

User is offline   Shawneth 

Ohh, lol of course it has to be DNF :)

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View Postoporix, on Jul 26 2010, 11:24 AM, said:

Well, the aliens kidnap George and Scott and pretend to be them as they take over 3DRealms, finish DNF their way, virus included!

User is offline   MetHy 

Love the 2nd screenshot.

I've had some work over past time, and there haven't been much progress on the second map made by me (however RazorZ have done something with the outdoor area). For now i have screens from club from first map, and only one from 3DR studios building, i forget to upload them previously. From today i start working over it, and soon i will post screens from the first map.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by underTaker: 05 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostunderTaker, on Aug 5 2010, 08:20 PM, said:

I've had some work over past time, and there haven't been much progress on the second map made by me (however RazorZ have done something with the outdoor area). For now i have screens from club from first map, and only one from 3DR studios building, i forget to upload them previously. From today i start working over it, and soon i will post screens from the first map.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Damn right. :D Here´s my and some underTaker´s work from the second level. I´m not mentioning what kind of locations it will contain yet, because you can guess some of them and that wouldn´t be so suprising anymore, you will see - when it´s done... :D

Also some gags contained, take a look:
Pic 01
Pic 02
Pic 03
Pic 04
Pic 05

This post has been edited by RazorZ: 12 September 2010 - 12:04 AM

Very nice Razor :D Thanks you posting that. I've also decided to post some screens from part i'm currently working on. It requires much work yet, but isn't looking bad i think.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by underTaker: 12 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The episode is looking great, and it's nice to see two mappers working together on something that isn't a CBP.

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostDeeperThought, on Sep 13 2010, 03:57 AM, said:

The episode is looking great, and it's nice to see two mappers working together on something that isn't a CBP.

Yeah, it´s rare these days (mention if I´m wrong). :)

It is nice to work with underTaker. :) He creates everything to nifty and quite small size when I create big open areas for the most part. It works pretty well, cooperative work includes better changes and results and I hope this project will go to the end, because right now it´s going pretty well! :D As you all know, the survival of human kind has always depended on the social mind of people and I think one man -projects can be too tough to do these days, when there are not much new releases to see (very sad thing). :( Releases encourage people to create their own maps/stuff and when they see that there is huge community (well at least big), they probably want to share their work with other people there and get some kind of positive feedback. That´s the reason why we shouldn´t let any "newbies" down, it just makes things a lot worse. :)

Can´t say the progress yet, I´m not sure how big or small this project is going to be, but I´d say medium sized project. Ask underTaker, I think he knows better, after all, he started the project. ;)

This post has been edited by RazorZ: 12 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

View PostRazorZ, on Sep 13 2010, 08:38 AM, said:

Yeah, it´s rare these days (mention if I´m wrong). :)

It is nice to work with underTaker. :) He creates everything to nifty and quite small size when I create big open areas for the most part. It works pretty well, cooperative work includes better changes and results and I hope this project will go to the end, because right now it´s going pretty well! :D As you all know, the survival of human kind has always depended on the social mind of people and I think one man -projects can be too tough to do these days, when there are not much new releases to see (very sad thing). :D Releases encourage people to create their own maps/stuff and when they see that there is huge community (well at least big), they probably want to share their work with other people there and get some kind of positive feedback. That´s the reason why we shouldn´t let any "newbies" down, it just makes things a lot worse. :)

Can´t say the progress yet, I´m not sure how big or small this project is going to be, but I´d say medium sized project. Ask underTaker, I think he knows better, after all, he started the project. ;)

Exacly :D I really enjoy working with You as well :(

Also i must say i really like cooperation - such a mix of two styles gives pretty nice results! :D

In the case of episode's size - i'm not really sure. I was wondering of 5 levels + 2 secret ones, and i think it will not change.

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostunderTaker, on Sep 13 2010, 05:49 PM, said:

Exacly :) I really enjoy working with You as well :)

Also i must say i really like cooperation - such a mix of two styles gives pretty nice results! :)

In the case of episode's size - i'm not really sure. I was wondering of 5 levels + 2 secret ones, and i think it will not change.

Alright, as you wish. Nothing too big, so project doesn´t get abandoned so easily. Depends on motivation and amount of time. I hope the episode will get positive feedback. ;)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

If progress is going slow or you feel like getting more feedback, you can release the maps one at a time. It's always easier to finish a project if you can break it up. :)

Hmm, you are actually right - we are doing pretty slow, due to lack of time, and sometimes ideas. I will think about your advice ;) Soon however i'm going to post some screens.

Guest_Pikachu_*

I just lost it. ;)

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPikachu, on Oct 2 2010, 11:56 AM, said:

I just lost it. ;)

No
Posted Image

User is offline   RazorZ 

Yeah, underTaker, what would you think about a little demo, uh? ;)

This post has been edited by RazorZ: 02 October 2010 - 02:32 AM

View PostRazorZ, on Oct 2 2010, 11:26 AM, said:

Yeah, underTaker, what would you think about a little demo, uh? ;)

Some video perhaps? ;)

• Honored Donor

Come on, you know you want to ;)

I will post something tomorrow ;)

User is offline   necroslut 

Looks cool.

I'm glad you like it ;)

I've almost finished third map. RazorZ is of course helping me all the time, and creating his part for this project.

Later i will post some screens, however they aren't showing too much stuff due to this level brightness - whole level is splitted into 3 subway stations, and a track, which is actually, really dark. I will edit this post soon.

Here are the screens.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

I'm widely opened for any criticism for any of posted screens here. Let me know what you think guys.

This post has been edited by underTaker: 15 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostunderTaker, on Oct 15 2010, 02:59 PM, said:

I'm glad you like it :(

I've almost finished third map. RazorZ is of course helping me all the time, and creating his part for this project.

Later i will post some screens, however they aren't showing too much stuff due to this level brightness - whole level is splitted into 3 subway stations, and a track, which is actually, really dark. I will edit this post soon.

Here are the screens.

Posted Image

I'm widely opened for any criticism for any of posted screens here. Let me know what you think guys.

I hope some people have at least some opinions about these, because these screens are great! :( You won´t be disappointed when this episode comes out. I´ll keep the fourth level secret in terms of it´s look yet, surprises are always pleasant to see.

• Honored Donor

Looks like some strong shading and good texturing. How linear are the levels going to be? I personally like to at least know where I'm going, something which wasn't always the case in the original maps

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostMicky C, on Oct 20 2010, 02:37 PM, said:

Looks like some strong shading and good texturing. How linear are the levels going to be? I personally like to at least know where I'm going, something which wasn't always the case in the original maps

Going forward in the levels is mostly linear, but sometimes you have to look for keys making levels bit more unlinear, but usually not that much. Even if that happens, you don´t have to backtrack too long to reach the next point, thanks to helpful interconnections and info screens along the way.

The real problem especially for me is the ammo/weapon/health balance, it´s nothing critical, but there are some issues that go way too far. Undertaker already mentioned about it for me, so I godda try to fix the balance of the universe... :( Or at least in the episode. :(

Any other questions? :(

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options