Duke4.net Forums: 4th jul, release bugs - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4th jul, release bugs

User is offline   W3RM 

When I use the move forward/backward/left/right buttons autorun turns on and off.
Why does this happen?
How do I fix this?

Some more bugs listed below this line..
Screen Size (hud) resets / Screen Tilting resets

Edit.. 1
What is nedmalloc.dll for?

Edit.. 2
Changing keys does not work too well either, when setting a key it always changes to shift.

This post has been edited by W3RM: 21 July 2010 - 09:09 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Please Read This Before Posting Bugs. *sigh*

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostW3RM, on Jul 21 2010, 09:22 AM, said:

When I use the move forward/backward/left/right buttons autorun turns on and off.

Changing keys does not work too well either, when setting a key it always changes to shift.

Your shift key is stuck.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

ROFL.

User is offline   W3RM 

I tried the old install and the new install.
It occurs on the new install not on the old install.
No my shift key is not stuck.
No errors show up in the log.
My system specs have nothing to do with it.
What I was doing was simple, set the keys, boot up a map.
No modifications.

Anything else?
Sloppy support.

Also, @ Hendricks266
Now that was not very nice of you was it?
Useless post is useless, spam anyone?

Yet another edit!
Not all of my questions where answered, again, you guys should set up a group that actually has friendly support.. :)
Way to go people.

This post has been edited by W3RM: 21 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostTX, on Jul 21 2010, 09:03 PM, said:

Your shift key is stuck.

Seems unlikely, surely he would've noticed that while typing a post.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostW3RM, on Jul 21 2010, 05:07 PM, said:

No my shift key is not stuck.

lol

View PostW3RM, on Jul 21 2010, 05:07 PM, said:

Sloppy support.
Not all of my questions where answered, again, you guys should set up a group that actually has friendly support.. :)
Way to go people.

Sloppy bug reporting = sloppy support. Doesn't matter what you think "is" and "isn't" relevant, try following the rules of bug reporting.

Bitching about the support provided for no cost software released under the GNU public release license? Try making a donation and maybe you'll get a more "fast and friendly" treatment.

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

User is offline   W3RM 

View PostForge, on Jul 22 2010, 01:50 AM, said:

Sloppy bug reporting = sloppy support. Doesn't matter what you think "is" and "isn't" relevant, try following the rules of bug reporting.

Bitching about the support provided for no cost software released under the GNU public release license? Try making a donation and maybe you'll get some action.

How is it sloppy?
There are no errors in my log so that's not something I can use.
It only happens on the new release I don't have this problem on the older release.
I just simply put down what happend.

It does not matter if it's free, they can still act friendly.

This post has been edited by W3RM: 21 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Does matter if it's free. And yes, they can act unfriendly, especially when you don't follows the rules for bug reporting.

These guys can tell alot from your log whether or not there's an obvious error in it.

You're the first to report this problem so they need every bit of information they can get since nobody else is experiencing this issue. Most likely it's some setting on your computer alone that's giving you problems, like a hot key.

So basically you're asking these guys to troubleshoot YOUR computer for you. Quit being bitchy and give them what they need so they can give you free help.

User is offline   W3RM 

View PostForge, on Jul 22 2010, 02:03 AM, said:

Does matter if it's free. And yes, they can act unfriendly, especially when you don't follows the rules for bug reporting.

These guys can tell alot from your log whether or not there's an obvious error in it.

You're the first to report this problem so they need every bit of information they can get since nobody else is experiencing this issue. Most likely it's some setting on your computer alone that's giving you problems, like a hot key.

So basically you're asking these guys to troubleshoot YOUR computer for you. Quit being bitchy and give them what they need so they can give you free help.

You did not read my message carefully.
I said it does NOT happen on the older version.
So no it's not a setting on my computer. (Not likely.)
There is nothing in the log other than me booting the game and booting an episode.

User is offline   Forge 

And you didn't bother reading mine at all. Maybe the new version is having a conflict with the hot-key or keyboard settings you have on YOUR computer.

Justify your hard-headed ignorance anyway you want, but you still need to follow the rules for posting bugs if you want proper support whether you agree with it or not.

If you don't like it, call Micro$oft to fix your problem

User is offline   W3RM 

View PostForge, on Jul 22 2010, 02:15 AM, said:

And you didn't bother reading mine at all. Maybe the new version is having a conflict with the hot-key or keyboard settings you have on YOUR computer.

Justify your hard-headed ignorance anyway you want, but you still need to follow the rules for posting bugs if you want proper support whether you agree with it or not.

If you don't like it, call Micro$oft to fix your problem

My keyboard setting is set on US and I double checked the configs eduke has made, everything is fine but somehow it binds the movement keys to shift.
That is the problem i'm having, that and that is does not save all settings I set, which is not "hot-key or keyboard" related.
And I DID read your post.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostW3RM, on Jul 21 2010, 05:25 PM, said:

My keyboard setting is set on US and I double checked the configs eduke has made, everything is fine but somehow it binds the movement keys to shift.
That is the problem i'm having, that and that is does not save all settings I set, which is not "hot-key or keyboard" related.
And I DID read your post.

Don't waste your time arguing with Forge because he's not the one who is going to fix the problem.

The problem you reported is real, and I have experienced it myself. I don't know about you, but in my case it happens when I try to assign certain keys to a function. The keys that don't work for me are: Insert, Home, Page Up, Delete, End, and Page Down (they are all clustered together to the left of the number pad). If I press any of those keys when assigning a function, it is recorded as "Shift". As far as I can tell, all other keys work fine.

I don't think that TerminX was trying to be insulting when he said your shift key was stuck; my guess is he honestly thought that was a plausible explanation.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 21 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

• el fundador

Heh, I was sort of being sarcastic when I said his shift key was stuck. Useless post for a useless post and whatnot. Your post on the other hand has some interesting information in it, but I'm unable to reproduce the problem here. I'm guessing your keyboard is sending a non-standard code for those keys and something in DirectInput was translating the values internally, but since we're not using DirectInput anymore some things have to be accounted for and translated manually.

Forge is right though, if you want friendly technical support from programmers there usually needs to be money involved. :)

User is offline   W3RM 

I was being butthurt, I was not in the best mood because it did not work out for me, I apolagize for that.
After some thinking and trying some stuff I was able to fix it.
After I turned off Num Lock everything worked fine.

EDIT -
Screen size (hud) is still resetting.

This post has been edited by W3RM: 27 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostW3RM, on Jul 22 2010, 03:07 AM, said:

After I turned off Num Lock everything worked fine.

Same here! Thanks for discovering that workaround.

@TerminX: See if you can reproduce the problem with NumLock on.

• el fundador

I always have num lock on...

User is offline   W3RM 

I don't mind that the Screen Size (hud) resets..
But it should get fixed.

What got changed from the earlier version that causes this problem to happen?

This post has been edited by W3RM: 27 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options