Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Reload - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Reload  "New sprite replacements for characters/weapons. Contains NSFW images."

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

New trailer for all weapons (mostly) for those who didnt-or want to- download it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q3VYFKLCdcQ
*note may still be processing.

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 09 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Here's a teaser trailer I made. :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zG2ecUe5MRA

User is offline   TURBOKID 

Ok the Pig is done. No more modifications will be done at all.

I give you Dukes new bacon.

Attached Image: pig_Pose_a.jpg

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 10 2010, 11:19 AM, said:

Attachment pig_Pose_a.jpg

i already got my BBQ ready >:)!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

How about making the skin less shiny? Anyway, it's good. When I see that thing I definitely want to shoot it. :)

View PostDeeperThought, on Jul 10 2010, 11:55 AM, said:

How about making the skin less shiny? Anyway, it's good. When I see that thing I definitely want to shoot it. :)

It's more shaded than shiney i think :)

BTW did you get Nfelli64's PM?

User is offline   lawl 

Attachment pig_Pose_a.jpg

Damn, its just AWESOME 8-)

View PostAtlas555, on Jul 10 2010, 01:03 PM, said:

Damn, its just AWESOME 8-)

Lol it looks like Beyond Good and Evil 2

Just for fun

Attached Image: DNAR.PNG

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

You should add a rough material to the UV to give it a bit of a dirtier look.

Here's some closeups of pig skin.

User is offline   Mark 

I agree with the textured skin. Looking forward to seeing it in the game.

User is offline   HellFire 

Hey, the babes are looking really good, and the weapons are OK, but seriously, am i the only one who think that pigcop is ubercrap? I mean, no offense dude, but that pigcop makes me remember of a 'piggy bank' haha. IMO for monsters you should just create the sprites based on HRP models, while they are far from perfect they actually look like the monsters of the game.

View PostHellFire, on Jul 11 2010, 12:14 PM, said:

Hey, the babes are looking really good, and the weapons are OK, but seriously, am i the only one who think that pigcop is ubercrap? I mean, no offense dude, but that pigcop makes me remember of a 'piggy bank' haha. IMO for monsters you should just create the sprites based on HRP models, while they are far from perfect they actually look like the monsters of the game.

yeah? Well it's better than what you can do pal!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

So? It's complete shit. I don't have to be a musician to say a song is crap or a director to say a movie is crap, so he certainly doesn't need to make models to say yours are crap. His personal modeling skill has no relevance whatsoever to your crap models.

You obviously don't have experience modeling monsters, the model is obviously unfinished and you obviously don't care about taking criticism into consideration, so at this point I think crap is a very good description.

User is offline   Spiker 

Actually I find the model not that bad. Because it reminds of some cool masquarade party or gangsters dressed like pigs. It looks stupid but it's hilarious. Something like criminals wearing masks of former presidents.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It seems excessively harsh to call the whole model crap because of the shape of the head and the skin texture. But I also think Disruptor has set himself up for harsh criticism by declaring that he's not going to change anything and then showing off the unreleased model. People will generally be constructive in their criticism if you show some humility and flexibility.

View PostTX, on Jul 11 2010, 02:36 PM, said:

So? It's complete shit. I don't have to be a musician to say a song is crap or a director to say a movie is crap, so he certainly doesn't need to make models to say yours are crap. His personal modeling skill has no relevance whatsoever to your crap models.

You obviously don't have experience modeling monsters, the model is obviously unfinished and you obviously don't care about taking criticism into consideration, so at this point I think crap is a very good description.

Eduke dev or not TX your being a complete cunt.
Maybe you should know i have only been modeling for 3 or 4 months.
I get it. It's crap. But here's an idea, rather than just saying "oh this is crap" why not give me a decent list of changes to make? I said i wasn't making anymore changes because the criticism came with insults and ridicules.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Hellfire gave good criticism,

View PostHellFire, on Jul 12 2010, 07:14 AM, said:

IMO for monsters you should just create the sprites based on HRP models, while they are far from perfect they actually look like the monsters of the game.
and you turned round and said

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 12 2010, 07:21 AM, said:

yeah? Well it's better than what you can do pal!

Now you are asking for opinions and things to change, you sir ma'am are a idiot retard.
If you really can't handle people having an opinion of your mod then you should not even have a forum for it and only post the FINAL product then be gone.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 11 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

• el fundador

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 11 2010, 03:48 PM, said:

Eduke dev or not TX your being a complete cunt.
Maybe you should know i have only been modeling for 3 or 4 months.
I get it. It's crap. But here's an idea, rather than just saying "oh this is crap" why not give me a decent list of changes to make? I said i wasn't making anymore changes because the criticism came with insults and ridicules.

That's funny, I could have sworn I saw people telling you the shape of the head was wrong, et cetera, to which you pretty much made excuses for it looking like that and told them to fuck off because you weren't going to fix it. The head and the neck are definitely the areas that need the most work, so you should start there.

Speaking of experience, I learned C by coding EDuke32, and you certainly didn't see me telling people their bug reports were invalid when I released something 4 months after starting just because the reports came from non-programmers who couldn't do any better. It doesn't work like that.

View PostTX, on Jul 11 2010, 04:01 PM, said:

That's funny, I could have sworn I saw people telling you the shape of the head was wrong

Wow your pretty stupid for a programmer. There is NO right or wrong. The pigs look different in all the Duke games. or did you miss that?
And i refuse to be the subject of abuse here. Blackwell already said if you don't like the mod don't post.
Oh and your "C" example IS invalid. You can not compare artistic preference with Coding.

• el fundador

I don't find that your account particularly needs posting privileges anymore, as any thread you post in turns to shit and you clearly have problems with pretty much anyone that disagrees with you. The suspension expires in a week but I'm sure you'll register another account and spam the forums or something before then and manage to get it turned into a permanent ban. Bye!

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

:)
Lets not make this locked shall we?
Give criticism. Thats ok.
@commander
calling someone a retard is childish.
even calling someone a woman is childish.
@DISRUPTOR please take criticism lightly. You don't have to go as far to call TX a cunt.

now with all respect, can we have some nice criticism on the model.
What should be changed?
What should be changed edited?

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

It's not at all invalid. I said if you don't like the mod don't post, but criticizing specific aspects of something doesn't mean someone doesn't like the mod. It means they're telling you things that could be changed. or they would like to see.

You forget that I also warned you yourself that you would have to be able to take criticism. You should be able to respond with well thought out posts.

Frankly your response could have simply been, "For this mod, I prefer this style. I may make small changes but it's going to stay similar to this." Instead you question another person's ability.

TerminX didn't say anything dickish until you called him a cunt. After that he's perfectly justified in responding similarly (which he didn't because he's smarter than that). If it happens again the thread will be locked and you will have warnings on your account.

Edit: Nevermind, TX beat me to it. Have fun!

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 11 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

DISRUPTOR didn't deserve that. Everyone has a right to defend and you clearly disposed him of it. I don't like him but it's also your fault why he behaved like this. He just responded with the exactly same style as you. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion contrary to some people here on the forum that behave like TX was god. You should have warned him at least. I know that you're deriving pleasure from this otherwise you wouldn't write about it on irc that you're calling his model crap. I'm not going to post in this thread anymore. If you wish to ban me go ahead but I do it to defend a person who was unfairly banned.
That's my opinion, I have a right to voice it without any consequences.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I think everyone is being a little hot about this for no reason.

Disruptor tends to be a bit hostile, and he was. Thats bullshit. Especially when some of us like just about everything else but one element of the pig mesh. No need to start acting like you're the Jesus Christ on the Cross when you're not.

But I dont think having his crap full stopped was the way to go either.

Meh.

^ What he (Spiker) said.

Disruptor has a right to make whatever kind of mod he likes, wether other people like it or not, I admit he snaps easily, but everybody here is aware of this. If you jump in someones thread with such an attitude they will naturally defend themselves and with Disruptors temper you're going to get back as much as you give if not more, as far as I am aware he hasn't really broken any rules as such and if he has they are ones that are not usually enforced. I feel the ban is highly unfair. If you ask me Disruptor isn't the only guy around here that needs to think about anger management.

If you are going on a banning spree, it looks like you'll have to boot me off as well and then probably others, and I can't see that as something you would want to do because then who would visit the forums?

This post has been edited by High Treason: 11 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

What the fuck? No one has been banned here if you have read TX post correctly.
He has only been suspended from posting for a week, people like HellFire for example have come into this thread with good criticism and have had it thrown back in their face by Disruptor.
People said I couldn't take criticism with anything that I worked on, but this guy surely does take the cake as I didn't reply with something along the basic lines of "You don't like it, Fuck off then cos I aint changing it"
Which is exactly what is going on here.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 11 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

I got a good idea for this thread,Lets make a new subforum called "Argueing thread" and then this thread will be moved there :)!
All you guys fucking do is argue here seriously get it to msn or PM and let the topic be its called atomic reload not atomic argue seriously

• el fundador

He's not banned, he's suspended for a week because he can't help but to call administrators cunts and act like a shit to everyone on a pretty consistent basis. It seems fair that he not be able to post for a while when all he can post is crap. His previous warnings were in the last thread he started that went to shit. Nobody was banned, his thread wasn't locked and he's welcome to continue with what he's doing in a week.

You guys can keep up with running around like a bunch of headless chickens and crying about things that never happened if you want to though. Yes, clearly I'm on a banning spree--I'm up to 0 users already--and clearly I've shut down this project for good by making no effort to lock the thread or halt discussion on the matter. Get a grip on reality and quit acting like you just got hit in the head with a big chunk of falling sky.

Fine then, not banning, suspending, but you clearly knew what was meant by it so why is it even important.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options