Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Reload - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Reload  "New sprite replacements for characters/weapons. Contains NSFW images."

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostNightFright, on Jul 8 2010, 11:55 AM, said:

Hehe, and I also see potential for new contents regarding my XXX-Pack. ^^ The new chaingun model also doesn't look that bad. It takes advantage of the new Polymer effects, and with few modifications, it looks just like an enhanced version of our current model.

But the babes... are these actual 3d models now or just highres sprites?

They are highres sprites. They are unable to become models for the XXX pack because the "slime" was photoshopped on.
Thanks for the comment, me and disruptor appreciate it. :)

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hehe, it's really nice looking. If someone were able to make actual models out of this, it'd be mind-blowing. :)

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostAtlas555, on Jul 5 2010, 08:35 AM, said:

Its damn nice ;-)
Finish this pls :)

Attached Image: Pig_e.jpg

User is offline   Geoffrey 

I'd look at the original pigcop sprites to see how they modelled the head - right now it's more of a human-shaped skull with pig elements (which looks a little weird). Apart from that it's looking pretty cool.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

He modeled the PigCop by going by this:

Posted Image

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Still, I think maybe making the head a bit longer (snout to back of head) would improve it a bit and bring it closer to either Duke3D or that image there.As it is now it looks a bit flat.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jul 9 2010, 04:56 AM, said:

Still, I think maybe making the head a bit longer (snout to back of head) would improve it a bit and bring it closer to either Duke3D or that image there.As it is now it looks a bit flat.

I don't think making it close to the duke3d sprites is the goal here. thats what the hrp is for. I think it looks nice and kinda creepy. gives it a lot of potential for anyone who wants to make maps specifically for this mod.

User is offline   lawl 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 8 2010, 09:15 PM, said:

Very awesome 8-)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostNfelli64, on Jul 9 2010, 02:32 AM, said:

I don't think making it close to the duke3d sprites is the goal here. thats what the hrp is for. I think it looks nice and kinda creepy. gives it a lot of potential for anyone who wants to make maps specifically for this mod.

No, the snout needs to be longer.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jul 9 2010, 12:42 AM, said:

He modeled the PigCop by going by this:

Posted Image

Those faces/snouts are long, too, though. But I think that seeing DISRUPTER's model in the right pose will already help a lot.

This post has been edited by Geoffrey: 09 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 8 2010, 08:15 PM, said:

Damn dude O_o...
Where the fuck did you learn all this seriously got any tuts i can read?

Please try to remember what we are doing with this. We are NOT trying to recreate the Duke Sprites. We are trying to make them more modern.
If you want new copies of the Duke sprites use the HRP.

The Snout is stubby because that's how i wanted it. The head looks more human like because in case some of you forgot the Pigcops are not Aliens. They are Mutated LAPD (Humans) I wanted to keep some human characteristics in there.

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 9 2010, 07:58 AM, said:

Please try to remember what we are doing with this. We are NOT trying to recreate the Duke Sprites. We are trying to make them more modern.
If you want new copies of the Duke sprites use the HRP.

The Snout is stubby because that's how i wanted it. The head looks more human like because in case some of you forgot the Pigcops are not Aliens. They are Mutated LAPD (Humans) I wanted to keep some human characteristics in there.

Bahh let em complain seriously this is your project, Nobody in this whole forum can make you do it the way they want it.
So just keep making this however you please it, because this far,i've loved all the work you did.

If this is the way criticism is going to get handled then I'm bailing out. The model looks weird, regardless of what you wanted to achieve I'd advice tweaking it so the overall figure looks more balanced.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's a good model in some respects, but the head does look weird, and not in a good way. Look at Disrupter's avatar, it's like a human wearing a pig helmet costume.

View PostGeoffrey, on Jul 9 2010, 10:39 AM, said:

If this is the way criticism is going to get handled then I'm bailing out. The model looks weird, regardless of what you wanted to achieve I'd advice tweaking it so the overall figure looks more balanced.

Well you can "Bail out" all you want.
I am not handling criticism badly at all.
My guess is that as soon as we are not making it the way people see fit they get pissy.
I have no problem with people sharing their opinions. All i was doing was explaining the case here.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Perhaps we need to explain. Not handling criticism badly = listening to criticism. You're actually handling criticism pretty horribly if you're not willing to accept it. That's the concept. What you're doing is a more "Mhmm...that's a great opinion and I'm happy you shared it with me, but it's wrong" kind of thing.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 09 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Mind me for being an idiot, but how do I install the pre-release?

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 9 2010, 01:52 PM, said:

Mind me for being an idiot, but how do I install the pre-release?

Take all the files out of the map in the zip and unpack them into the autoload folder.

• tile 1018

View PostSchoeteCitie, on Jul 9 2010, 05:35 PM, said:

Take all the files out of the map in the zip and unpack them into the autoload folder.

Not working.

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 9 2010, 03:02 PM, said:

Not working.

You do need the HRP+ hi-res textures and models off you know

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Jul 9 2010, 01:39 PM, said:

Perhaps we need to explain. Not handling criticism badly = listening to criticism. You're actually handling criticism pretty horribly if you're not willing to accept it. That's the concept. What you're doing is a more "Mhmm...that's a great opinion and I'm happy you shared it with me, but it's wrong" kind of thing.

So by me not wanting to do it everyone elses way i am handling criticism horribly?
You are totally whacked if thats your way of thinking.
And i hope you get help, i really do.

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 9 2010, 03:14 PM, said:

So by me not wanting to do it everyone elses way i am handling criticism horribly?
You are totally whacked if thats your way of thinking.
And i hope you get help, i really do.

I told you just ignore them, Do this project the way you want if they want this the way they like it, then let those lazy asses make a proejct like this themselves instead of asking you to make one.

• tile 1018

View PostSchoeteCitie, on Jul 9 2010, 06:12 PM, said:

You do need the HRP+ hi-res textures and models off you know

Still not working.

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 9 2010, 04:31 PM, said:

Still not working.

Then Eduke32 seems to hate you =/
Cuz it works to me
OR!
Your using dukeplus or duke attrition and in that case add all the files into dukeplus folder/attrition folder if that is not the case
I'll try uploading my autoload folder for you.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSchoeteCitie, on Jul 9 2010, 04:43 PM, said:

Then Eduke32 seems to hate you =/
Cuz it works to me
OR!
Your using dukeplus or duke attrition and in that case add all the files into dukeplus folder/attrition folder if that is not the case
I'll try uploading my autoload folder for you.

Uh, that doesn't sound right. Those mods don't interfere with the autoload folder, and putting stuff in the respective mod directories should not make any difference. If that is the case, though, and you have verified it, then maybe you could explain why because it shouldn't work that way.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 09 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

To get this mod to work
------------------------------------
Open your zip in the Autoload folder.
have the current Duke Atomic Reload zip open aswell
Select all contents from the Atomic Reload zip and drag the contents into the HRP zip (polymer.zip or duke3d_hrp.zip)
once done run eduke (or dukeplus)
and go to:
options>render options>use models: off.
Then your all set.

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 09 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

View PostDeeperThought, on Jul 9 2010, 04:48 PM, said:

Uh, that doesn't sound right. Those mods don't interfere with the autoload folder, and putting stuff in the respective mod directories should not make any difference. If that is the case, though, and you have verified it, then maybe you could explain why because it shouldn't work that way.

Well i just took all the files out added it into autoload selected autoload folder in the eduke start up and it worked for me,
Using duke plus i put the files into the duke plus directory and it worked also cuz it didnt seem to load when i put it into autoload so idk =/

• tile 1018

View PostNfelli64, on Jul 9 2010, 07:56 PM, said:

To get this mod to work
------------------------------------
Open your zip in the Autoload folder.
have the current Duke Atomic Reload zip open aswell
Select all contents from the Atomic Reload zip and drag the contents into the HRP zip (polymer.zip or duke3d_hrp.zip)
once done run eduke (or dukeplus)
and go to:
options>render options>use models: off.
Then your all set.

Thank you. It worked.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

You've got some good things you got going on, but I have to agree with some of the others about the pig cop head. I think the snout should protrude out two to four inches (relative) farther out than the lower lip. Right now it appears the snout is protruding only about an inch further out than the lower lip, and it kinda makes it look like its been chasing parked cars.

This post has been edited by Forge: 09 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options