Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Reload - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Reload  "New sprite replacements for characters/weapons. Contains NSFW images."

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostHigh Treason, on Jul 11 2010, 05:57 PM, said:

Fine then, not banning, suspending, but you clearly knew what was meant by it so why is it even important.

Oh, I don't know, because dorks are accusing me of being on a "banning spree" when I've yet to ban even a single person? That seems like a good reason for it to be an important detail.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I vote for deleting every post in this thread from #72 forward. Every post from that point on has been either worthless, flaming, or a reply to other posts that were worthless or flaming, so nothing would be missed. Then the thread could get back on track and this episode could be forgotten.

User is offline   Sangman 

Oh man how stupid do you have to be to call an admin a cunt..

That said I agree with DT :)

This post has been edited by Sangman: 12 July 2010 - 04:05 AM

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

After a few days passed, Finally got the pig in-game.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 13 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostTX, on Jul 11 2010, 07:00 PM, said:

Oh, I don't know, because dorks are accusing me of being on a "banning spree" when I've yet to ban even a single person? That seems like a good reason for it to be an important detail.

If anyone is going to get banned by Tx, it'd be me. I'm the biggest Tx troll this side of the Rockies.

Did I ever tell you about Tx's criminal past? There's the time he got locked up for beating the crap out of some guy...

Now that I mention it, Tx'd probably use his admin powers to track me through my true i.p., come to my doorstep, and throw down with me in my front yard. Phoenix isn't that far of a drive from him. :)

User is offline   CruX 

View PostNfelli64, on Jul 13 2010, 06:48 PM, said:

Eh, it looks alright, but why is the pistol so tiny?

This post has been edited by EmericaSkater: 13 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostEmericaSkater, on Jul 13 2010, 10:11 PM, said:

Eh, it looks alright, but why is the pistol so tiny?

It will be fixed. Also, about the pig, the snout is a little longer and as you can see, the skin is better. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

There's something about that screenshot that just doesn't seem right.

The lower half of the pigcop stands out so much it looks like it was photo shopped onto the background.

makes it's pants dirtier

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

The problem is that the head/neck/shoulders ratio isn't quite right. It seems cartoonier than the other stuff shown in this thread. I like the other stuff but I'm not sure the pig cop design fits in with the rest of the mod. The neck and head need to be made wider or something. I suppose once the whole project is done, things may look right. The problem isn't the model but that nothing else around it is in the same style since those are not finished.

Also, about the babes: Are those Poser models with slime PSed in? That is what they look like. That is fine for sprites but NightFright mentioned wanting them for the HRP which is not possible simply because they are Poser.

That said, I don't mind the idea, in general, since Texture TCs can be fun...

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 13 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

• el fundador

View PostForge, on Jul 13 2010, 07:11 PM, said:

Now that I mention it, Tx'd probably use his admin powers to track me through my true i.p., come to my doorstep, and throw down with me in my front yard. Phoenix isn't that far of a drive from him. :)

Don't worry, I lost my driving privileges in Arizona years ago! :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostNfelli64, on Jul 14 2010, 04:48 AM, said:

This looks really interesting, it looks like this mod could do to Duke3D what Doom64 did to Doom. The atmosphere with the new level textures and sprites looks completely revised, I'm hoping you can finish this and forget about the feuds.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

From one of the videos ive seen posted here ,.. The Devestator weapon looks like two dolphins lol

the Pig cop looks ok ... imo you should have based it from this.
Posted Image

View Postozz, on Jul 14 2010, 02:47 AM, said:

From one of the videos ive seen posted here ,.. The Devestator weapon looks like two dolphins lol

Posted Image
Alright, im not gonna lie, i see where your getting it from. But when i see the Devestators i don't automatically see a dolphin. :)
And yeah, the pig cop would have looked better if Disruptor based it off that image, but then it wouldn't be original now would it?

• el fundador

Uh... it's not original now, either. It's based on this (much better looking) pigcop from Duke Nukem Trilogy:

Posted Image

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

The biggest problem seems to be the size of the head and the expression on the face. It looks sad rather than angry.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jul 11 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

Oh and your "C" example IS invalid. You can not compare artistic preference with Coding.

Lol. Saying one's craft is better than another's is a sure sign of a superiority complex.

User is offline   Sebastian 

The pigcop looks like a mix between a redneck, rapist, a cannibal and an escaped convict or something -- which I really like.

I'd probably beef up the size of it 15% so it's at least one head above the player and work on the facial expression some more.
Sweet work otherwise.

Another awesome style for the pigcop which would fit well with the otherwise cartoony look of Duke Nukem is this:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 14 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

View PostRusty Nails, on Jul 14 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

The pigcop looks like a mix between a redneck, rapist, a cannibal and an escaped convict or something -- which I really like.

I'd probably beef up the size of it 15% so it's at least one head above the player and work on the facial expression some more.
Sweet work otherwise.

Another awesome style for the pigcop which would fit well with the otherwise cartoony look of Duke Nukem is this:

http://img192.images...coppainting.jpg

That will actually look cool, We were thinking of adding different versions using different pals. That will thankfully get rid of the "attack of the clones" feel :)

User is offline   lawl 

View PostNfelli64, on Jul 14 2010, 01:32 PM, said:

That will actually look cool, We were thinking of adding different versions using different pals. That will thankfully get rid of the "attack of the clones" feel :)

Sounds nice. =)

View PostNfelli64, on Jul 14 2010, 02:32 PM, said:

If you wanna say something say it right!!! (im not angry lol this is a joke :))
Its Attack Of The Pig Clones D:<!!

View PostTX, on Jul 11 2010, 04:16 PM, said:

He's not banned, he's suspended for a week because he can't help but to call administrators cunts and act like a shit to everyone on a pretty consistent basis. It seems fair that he not be able to post for a while when all he can post is crap. His previous warnings were in the last thread he started that went to shit. Nobody was banned, his thread wasn't locked and he's welcome to continue with what he's doing in a week.

You guys can keep up with running around like a bunch of headless chickens and crying about things that never happened if you want to though. Yes, clearly I'm on a banning spree--I'm up to 0 users already--and clearly I've shut down this project for good by making no effort to lock the thread or halt discussion on the matter. Get a grip on reality and quit acting like you just got hit in the head with a big chunk of falling sky.

Well said TX! after what you did to DISTRUPTOR I now like you!

View Postblackharted, on Jul 15 2010, 10:05 AM, said:

Well said TX! after what you did to DISTRUPTOR I now like you!

Well said Blackharted! What you said there is pointless! Hurray!

Now to make this post worth it, I did some new texture work:
Posted Image
Thought and opinions are appreciated. :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

The water looks like cement and there doesn't seem to be much of a consistent colour scheme.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Excuse my crassness, but to be frank, that looks like shit.

User is offline   Sebastian 

I'd probably excuse it if you tried to be a little more constructive than that.

• el fundador

It just looks like a Duke map with completely wrong textures. Like what happens when someone tries to recreate a Duke map in another game and just has to use whatever textures that game provides to do so. It doesn't look right or good at all.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'll humour you. This isn't a new map, it's E3L1 with new textures. There isn't much to critique. The textures look bad. What's up with the grimy Silent Hill panels? Why does everything have a strange blue/chrome tinge to it? The bricks are drab. The water texture looks unrealistic, much like cement as Daedolon said. In short the HRP textures looked better, and the original textures looked even better. What's the point of these new textures? They're not remakes ala HRP, they're like strange edits, and they're all incredibly repetitive to boot, especially the water and "Silent Hill" textures. The level just looks odd, and not in a good way. The original map made it clear that you were at a Sushi Bar, but now I feel like I'm going to Pyramidhead's House of Skidmarks.

Alright, well I guess the textures arent duke material. :)
I might use them for something else then, as they are the best textures i made IMO
----
Besides all that, Me and disruptor have decided to cancel the mod. I want to move on to better engines and Disruptor cant do this alone. So it is cancelled i guess. :)
Atomic Reload:
If anyone wants to pick this up and continue and improve this project i will more than likely give out the latest copy of this mode.

OFF TOPIC:
Many of you might have seen the Dave Nukem Mod trailer. That is also dead, due to dave having health problems and all we cant get the voicing done. So if anyone wants to continue with the Dave mod also, feel free to ask and i will give you the pack.

User is offline   Shawneth 

FAIL

User is offline   Shawneth 

It's funny, this entire topic was bout a regular mod, then being turned into the greatest fight over a pig, then in he end the whole thing was cancelled. YEA!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options