Duke4.net Forums: Chrome crashes on this forum - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chrome crashes on this forum  "Anyone else?"

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

Every time I visit this forum, I click on a thread, chrome locks up, and I say "aw fuck it, I'll try again later." Seems to be threads with attachments, using the 5.0.whatever stable release.

I'm moving to the beta out of curiosity, but figured I'd see if I was the only one with problems.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Just tested this in Chrome 5 with threads that have attachments, and no crashes whatsoever. Are you still having this problem?

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

Yeah. This thread hangs forever every time:
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry45084

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Hm, I can't seem to be able to replicate the issue. :)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Can't replicate here, either. Testing with it did convince me to finally dump Firefox, though... Chrome's speed is pretty nice on my old-ass Linux box.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I bet High Treason would disagree. :)

Can't disagree with the fact that it's fast, I even use it sometimes (usually to test my web pages) - but I prefer Safari or Lunascape if I want to use the WebKit engine.

It's the homepage here that crashes my browser, but it does it most in FireFox and I like to just blame everything on that (even when I know it's not FireFox's fault, like if I stub my toe).

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I use Firefox and no crashes whatsoever. :)

User is online   Sangman 

No crashes here either.

I'm hardly surprised as I doubt it's a problem with the site, I should probably have noted that it only does it on my Laptop with FireFox 3 and on one Windows 98 system with FireFox 2.

To be honest I don't even know why I mentioned it, I was probably bored or something at the time and forgot to stop typing.

User is offline   Shawneth 

I'm using meltdown, no crashes even for my 8-bit video card :).

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postoporix, on Jul 3 2010, 07:23 PM, said:

I'm using meltdown, no crashes even for my 8-bit video card :) .

And that makes you sad, why? :)

Umm, everything about an 8-bit card :)

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Never had a problem with Chrome. I stopped using it about four days ago when I formatted my HD, but still use it on other computers.

Yatta, I don't know you too well, but your display picture is starring into my soul. I think that's why I placed the sad face...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options