Duke4.net Forums: Duke In 2006 - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke In 2006

User is offline   Nacho 

What do you think the future has in store for the Duke?

Two new Game-Engines and one totally new development team. :)

User is offline   Gamebrain 

I cant wait for Duke Nukem Forever, man.

He's got everything going for him!

User is offline   avatar_58 

He might have financial troubles after his retirement funds run out.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Hopefully DNF is just as modable as Duke 3D.

User is offline   Qdeathstar 

I'm hopping to see Duke Does Dallas v.v... but util then, i'd be happy with making an apparence before we land on mars v.v.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Roger, on Dec 17 2005, 09:46 PM, said:

Hopefully DNF is just as modable as Duke 3D.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry too much about that...
The game is (as you may now) build up from the unreal engine... Which is one of the easyest games to mod with...
I can imagine 3DR has improved thier own tools to make it even more easy, so actually, i think it'll be just as modable as the previous UT games... :)

User is offline   SyntaxN 

Nacho, on Dec 18 2005, 03:37 AM, said:

What do you think the future has in store for the Duke?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

time :)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

DNF will be released November 31st, 2006, I think

Cerberus_e, on Dec 18 2005, 01:14 PM, said:

DNF will be released November 31st, 2006, I think
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet it comes on 09/30/2006 :)

User is offline   Halcyon 

After so many years, I could imagine a release next year. But well, on the other hand I already said that the last few years. B)
Whatever, I can't wait till the 29th January. Maybe 3D Realms will show us some new stuff on this special day. :) (Okay, I doubt that, but you never know *g*)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Halcyon, on Dec 18 2005, 02:50 PM, said:

Whatever, I can't wait till the 29th January. Maybe 3D Realms will show us some new stuff on this special day. :) (Okay, I doubt that, but you never know *g*)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably not B) > http://www.wieder3dr...thread.php?t=12

User is offline   Dukefan24 

There are much things known about this game already. So 2006 should be a good year for the release. And if it releases later, then we still have this great community that's surounding it! When I searched for Duke Nukem on Google I found out that there are actually more Duke fans around than I thought.

RedSplat, on Dec 18 2005, 02:57 PM, said:

Oh well.... Uhm.... At least new Duke Nukem 3D Maps.
:)

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Micki!, on Dec 18 2005, 05:56 AM, said:

Don't worry too much about that...
The game is (as you may now) build up from the unreal engine... Which is one of the easyest games to mod with...
I can imagine 3DR has improved thier own tools to make it even more easy, so actually, i think it'll be just as modable as the previous UT games... :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's actually a scary thought. I tried messing with UnrealEd a few times in the UT days and it was horrendous.

Roger, on Dec 18 2005, 07:03 PM, said:

That's actually a scary thought. I tried messing with UnrealEd a few times in the UT days and it was horrendous.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here, I never liked the UE :)
While I don´t think I´ll never learn to use it right...it will take me a damn long time.

User is offline   Micki! 

Roger, on Dec 18 2005, 07:03 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, as i said, 3DR will probably make it even easyer to use for beginners and such...
I don't think the editor can be compared to unreal... Just like the games graphics or gameplay can be compared with the UT games...

Micki!, on Dec 18 2005, 07:55 PM, said:

Well, as i said, 3DR will probably make it even easyer to use for beginners and such...
I don't think the editor can be compared to unreal... Just like the games graphics or gameplay can be compared with the UT games...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AFAIK they said that they will keep the editor and the netcode :) (with some modifications)

User is offline   Micki! 

SyntaxN, on Dec 18 2005, 09:56 PM, said:

AFAIK they said that they will keep the editor and the netcode  :)  (with some modifications)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, i believe those "Some modifications" are the ones they are improving, to make it easyer to develop (both themselves and the community) maybe no big changes, but surely 'something' that makes it easyer...

I tried UnrealED a few times but I couldn't get the hang of it. Although when DNF comes around I may have to force myself to get used to it :)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

let's hope DNF wil be stable because if they are using unreal as base then... :)
maybe it will be like Valve and their source engine: unstable because of the old core.

also, I don't like the looks of the original unreal engine. (never tried games on the second engine though).

User is offline   Magnamuz 

What are the chances DNF releasing 2007?

I'm getting too impacient, if the next Duke isn't in something similar to Unreal Engine 3 I'm turning gay.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

I'd hoped we would get it on Duke's 10th but I don't think that's happening. We'd hear more about it if it were the case, methinks. Still don't think you should consider giving up a love for boobs over this, though. :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Magnamuz, on Dec 19 2005, 06:04 PM, said:

What are the chances DNF releasing 2007?
I'm getting too impacient, if the next Duke isn't in something similar to Unreal Engine 3 I'm turning gay.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess the chances are just as big as it being released in 2006...
But i doubt it will happen in 2007 (personal thought) Wait for Kristian Joensens article to be posted on Duke4.net... It has some interresting facts (also regarding the release getting close)

Micki!, on Dec 19 2005, 02:10 PM, said:

I guess the chances are just as big as it being released in 2006...
But i doubt it will happen in 2007 (personal thought) Wait for Kristian Joensens article to be posted on Duke4.net... It has some interresting facts (also regarding the release getting close)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never get it that straight, what is your connection with 3DRealms? Ex programers or something?

Micki!, on Dec 19 2005, 06:10 PM, said:

Wait for Kristian Joensens article to be posted on Duke4.net... It has some interresting facts (also regarding the release getting close)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When will the article be released? :) And don't say "When it's done", I can't hear that anymore. B)

User is offline   Micki! 

Halcyon, on Dec 19 2005, 06:45 PM, said:

When will the article be released? :) And don't say "When it's done", I can't hear that anymore. B)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His Article should be posted sometime this week... maybe sooner...
P.S. i don't have any conncetion with 3DR (being a part of this website is the closest thing to 3DR i can get B) )
Anyways, wait and read the article... It's not necessary for me to explain it here already... (if you don't get the article anyways, i can always highlight what part i'm refering to when the article is done)

And Kristian Joensen? What's his background then?

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

I don't know if he's connected or anything like that, but he's a pretty knowledgable forum member at 3D Realms.

I think SOMETHING ought to surface on the 10th anniversary, a screenshot, video, model, teaser art or something. Just to add fuel to the hype :)

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options