Duke4.net Forums: r1660 - reactor size bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

r1660 - reactor size bug

User is offline   0815Jack 

maybe better then writing a lot of words.

Attached Image: duke0000.jpg

screenshot taken from a clean r1660 install. No HRP used, but also affects the size of the HRP model. i dont know if other tiles/models are also affected ny this bug

my specs:

WinXP SP3 / HD4350 / 4 GB RAM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, I think this is no issue with HRP model definitions, then. Rather some EDuke32 render bug, if I can say that with my almost non-existant amount of knowledge. ^^ Maybe the guys can take a look at that. :)

The most obvious suggestion is to use one of the earlier builds in order to check if the problem gets fixed that way.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 24 June 2010 - 04:14 AM

like I said....the screenshot is taken without HRP.....so it must be related to the engine itself. (it doesnt even matter what kind of renderer you choose). The bug doesnt exist in a polymost snapshot i still have from March 2009.

BUT if you use the HRP then the model is as small as the sprite.

This post has been edited by 0815Jack: 24 June 2010 - 04:18 AM

• The Truth is in here

Yeah well, I guess the model size depends on the sprite size... so if the sprite is that small, the model will show up as small as the sprite version, regardless of its definitions in the HRP file.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Which level is that?

Fusion Reactor 2.4 - but also in Lunar Reactor 2.8 and some other levels

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Thanks for the bug report. :)

i check out when this bug was introduced: 1623 was the last synthesis build were the size was correct...... in 1632 you can see the bug for the first time....

• The Truth is in here

According to the changelog, it should be fixed with latest release. Maybe try again? ^^

just tried the r1662 and it does not fixes the bug.... at least not on my system...

• el fundador

Sure it does, you just made the mistake of loading a savegame that already had the wrong size sprite in it. You might want to actually consider these things and do some testing before saying the fix doesn't work. :)

ok..... i made a mistake loading from the old savegame ....bug is fixed....

but why is size of a tile stored in a savegame? i didnt know that ....

• el fundador

Why wouldn't the current size of an object in the map be saved? Seems like the state of the map is pretty essential information to have in a savegame.

you are right.....everything that gets alterd in the map during gameplay had be in the savegame......

BUT for example the reactor sprite...... its size is defined in the map-file and ingame it doesnt change it (at least i believe that cause i have never seen soemthing else) .... it can only be destroyed, which means it will be replaced by other tile...

finally i am just happy that the bug got fixed :)

This post has been edited by 0815Jack: 28 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Obviously in game it did change it (hence the bug), which means that's going to be saved. Save games include the current state of the map, and the current state of any CON code at the time you saved the game.

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 29 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options