Duke4.net Forums: EDUKE3D (polymer) vs DOOM 3 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EDUKE3D (polymer) vs DOOM 3  "for a better graphics"

User is offline   dan_z80 

Hi all,

Polymer and EDuke32 looks exceptional, gorgeous, grand,proud,resplendent, splendid,stunning, wondrous compared with old DOS VGA graphics only but for today standards this is not enough .Look at DOOM 3 ,Quake2 and EDuke32 graphics there is light-years between.

I wonder when you will try to add a real graphics for EDUKE3D? Can you do it?

I see you try to add shadows and high resolution but sprites aren't finish yet (the monsters have a static face (simple BMP). Do something in this direction and let shadows and lights effects for late. I don't want monster all time with open mouth

The enviroment like house, train ,car , submarine,... still looks bad like in DOS days .Can you fix it?

Jimy,

User is offline   lawl 

View Postdan_z80, on Jun 20 2010, 05:43 AM, said:

Hi all,

Polymer and EDuke32 looks exceptional, gorgeous, grand,proud,resplendent, splendid,stunning, wondrous compared with old DOS VGA graphics only but for today standards this is not enough .Look at DOOM 3 ,Quake2 and EDuke32 graphics there is light-years between.

I wonder when you will try to add a real graphics for EDUKE3D? Can you do it?

I see you try to add shadows and high resolution but sprites aren't finish yet (the monsters have a static face (simple BMP). Do something in this direction and let shadows and lights effects for late. I don't want monster all time with open mouth

The enviroment like house, train ,car , submarine,... still looks bad like in DOS days .Can you fix it?

Jimy,

Well, i think the models arent good as a modern game.
And it would be good to code the eduke engine to OpenGL 3.5. =)

But its a dream, that duke3D has highend graphics. ^^

BTW. I cant code, so Im a noob =) :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostAtlas555, on Jun 21 2010, 01:50 AM, said:

And it would be good to code the eduke engine to OpenGL 3.5. =)

Um what?

User is offline   lawl 

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 20 2010, 06:56 AM, said:

Um what?

Sorry fpr my bad english :)

I will try to tell you what i mean later ... =)

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 20 2010, 06:56 AM, said:

Um what?

What i think he means is that he thinks it would be cooler if they updated eduke32's OGL renderer to version 3.5 wich has better features in lighting and stuff

User is offline   SwissCm 

This thread is pretty stupid.

User is offline   lawl 

View PostSchoeteCitie, on Jun 20 2010, 08:01 AM, said:

What i think he means is that he thinks it would be cooler if they updated eduke32's OGL renderer to version 3.5 wich has better features in lighting and stuff

Thanks 4 helping me =)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Locking this thread because frankly it's garbage.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options