Duke4.net Forums: Geoff Keighley made a promising reply - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Geoff Keighley made a promising reply  "DNF on Gametrailers TV Pre-E3 show on Friday?"

Geoff Keighley on Twitter

geoff keighley:

On Friday's Pre-E3 special on Spike, a legendary game designer will unveil his next project and show gameplay! You won't want to miss it.

me:

@geoffkeighley would you call Scott Miller or George Broussard legendary?

geoff keighley:

@JobivanHiob Those guys are definitely legendary!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Yeah, they're legendary... So what? That does not equal them being the legends in question.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Yeah...

You asked Geoff if he thought George and Scott are legendary... so he answered THAT.

You didn't ask him if George or Scott was the legendary game designer. And he didn't answer that they were.

Also. That promo says that the game is top secret and will be shown for the first time. :(

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Doom 4?

User is offline   Kathy 

Oh, fuck.... Not again. Everytime there is some "big unveiling" some would assume it's DNF.

User is offline   Green 

Jobi, I love you for your enthusiasm and I do believe that Duke Nukem Forever will be released one day but I highly doubt this is DNF his talking about.
Look closer at the words.

On Friday's Pre-E3 special on Spike, a legendary game designer will unveil his next project and show gameplay! You won't want to miss it.

Sounds like his talking about a single person. Unless George and Scott had a fight and broke up there is no chance its Duke. Also see how he says 'will unveil', Duke Nukem Forever was unveiled like 13 years ago.

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 09 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

User is offline   BugsBunny 

geoff keighley:

DNF is not Scott/George's next project. It is their ongoing project for last 13 years.

User is offline   Green 

View PostBugsBunny, on Jun 10 2010, 04:23 AM, said:

DNF is not Scott/George's next project. It is their ongoing project for last 13 years.

See what I did there?

Sorry Job but thats completely subjective.

I would doubt they would be revealing any new projects without Duke Nukem Forever not having been released due to the critizism they would encounter.

My guess is it will be Tim Shafer, There has been plenty of time after Brutal Legend for the development of a new project.

it will most prob not be DNF. :(

My bet is on the re-reveal of Metal Gear Sold Rising! Or Ken Levine

User is offline   TURBOKID 

Jobi seriously dude chillax. Your getting real bad now.

P.S Lotan is lookin haaaawt XD

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jun 10 2010, 01:09 PM, said:

Do you mean hot? ...... OH NO! I hope that doesn't mean what I think! :(

User is offline   Kathy 

And what if it does?

User is offline   Psyrgery 

DNF fanatism is worst than Christianism :( :( http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

I love it!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

You know what, it would be great to speculate on what was really happening with DNF. It's been heavily hinted that 3DR are still trying to keep it alive. The game was quite close to completion from what we have heard.

Unfortunately, due to the actions of certain members of this section of the forum, nobody can actually start to talk about it without a bunch of 10 year olds jumping up and down (YES, you DO!) and screaming about thier arse-wipe conspiracy theories.

Due to said kiddies, speculation on DNF has the same street cred as those people who think that the moon landing was faked.

I know this isn't going to change anything, just saying it.

User is offline   crkfiend 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jun 10 2010, 04:09 PM, said:

Fag.

View Postcrkfiend, on Jun 11 2010, 09:13 AM, said:

Fag.

Nope i just swing both ways. Infact who the fuck are you? Another unknown troll come to fuck up the day :(

User is offline   Kathy 

He was trying to be funny, I guess.

And that's not me in the picture. Sorry, dude. :(

View PostLotan, on Jun 11 2010, 09:34 AM, said:

He was trying to be funny, I guess.

And that's not me in the picture. Sorry, dude. :(

Shame http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/sad.gif
One still hopes for hawtness :(

User is offline   crkfiend 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jun 11 2010, 01:23 PM, said:

Nope i just swing both ways. Infact who the fuck are you? Another unknown troll come to fuck up the day :(

Nope I'm no troll. That comment was just gross. I'm more of a "viewer" than "poster", I watch from the sidelines. Been coming here for a couple years, but haven't had much to say, because there really hasn't been much going on in DNF world... But, Hi! And gay dudes gross me out - deal with it.

View Postcrkfiend, on Jun 11 2010, 10:21 AM, said:

Nope I'm no troll. That comment was just gross. I'm more of a "viewer" than "poster", I watch from the sidelines. Been coming here for a couple years, but haven't had much to say, because there really hasn't been much going on in DNF world... But, Hi! And gay dudes gross me out - deal with it.

Little fucktards like you gross me out. Deal with that.
Posted Image

User is offline   Outtagum 

That wath thooooooo grothh!!!

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

John Romero is about to make you his bitch...again with Diakatana 2

it will be this legendary designer of Team Ninja!

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jun 11 2010, 09:36 PM, said:

Shame http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/sad.gif
One still hopes for hawtness :(

:(
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=13266

View PostLotan, on Jun 11 2010, 11:20 PM, said:

Your still hawt :(

User is offline   zakath 

so, who was the legendary game designer, and what game was in question?

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postzakath, on Jun 13 2010, 06:41 AM, said:

I think it was THQ and some game called Devil's Third. I didn't think it would have been DNF. It didn't sound like it was.

Still betting on DNF at E3, though. If anything does show up there, it won't be 3DR to present it there. We know Apogee will be there. Speaking of Apogee, that Matthew Williams guy at Apogee posted the lawsuit settlement news on his Facebook account. I guess it's possible they could have some involvement with DNF now, I don't know. More than likely, some well-known developer at E3 will spill the beans that they've been working on the game. Now, with the lawsuit out of the way, anything is possible.

Edit: Also, we can't forget this either:

@therealcliffyb: want a golden #nugget of opportunity? Apogee is coming back, find me at #E3, and learn what is going on! Duke is not dead
- Matthew Williams

Then that Twitter post disappears shortly after.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 13 June 2010 - 03:16 AM

User is offline   Green 

What the hell does something Matthew Williams said have to do with Duke Nukem Forever? He works for Apogee which is working on Duke Nukem Trilogy and has nothing to do with Duke Nukem Forever.

Spoiler

View Postzakath, on Jun 13 2010, 02:41 AM, said:

The legendary game designer was Tomonobu Itagaki Ex Tecmo employee and head of Team Ninja.
The game is called Devils third and is developed by Itagaki's own game company Valhalla Game Studios. It is a 3rd person shooter mixed with a Fighting system.
It is going to be released for ps3 and xbox360, Has single and multiplayer and is being published by THQ.
Although it's not Duke it still looks bad ass in my opinion :(

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options