Duke4.net Forums: HRP Settings - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HRP Settings

User is offline   Green 

Is there any settings I can adjust to make HRP look any better?

I use 1920 x 1200 fullscreen when playing but for the sake of the screenshots it was in windowed.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: shit.png

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 15 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostMr. Green, on May 15 2010, 06:48 PM, said:

Is there any settings I can adjust to make HRP look any better?

Um... ok. Well you could play around with texture filter, i use bilinear. :(
this thread kinda seems pointless IMO.

EDIT: Oh and if your using polymer you might want to set the ambient light level all the way down.

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 15 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Definitely use trilinear filtering with the HRP. Be sure to disable it if you ever want the 8-bit art back.

User is online   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

I'd recommend turning texture compression off when using polymer. Otherwise there will be ugly artifacts on textures that have spec and normal mapping.

User is offline   Green 

Texture compression off makes it run more smoothly. Thanks.

Roma Loom, are you modeling any more guns for Duke 3D at the moment? The Devastator you modeled look amazing and I can't wait to have them in game when there is normal map/gloss support and what not for HUD.

User is online   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

The HUD devastator is ready, waiting for polymer HUD, the Freezer is in progress... also I had pipe-bomb somewhere...

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Pistol high-poly is done. I'm nearly done the low-poly.

User is offline   Green 

The devastator looks amazing and I can't wait to see the Pistol when it's done.

Roma, you said you were working on a pipe-bomb and freezer? How much progress % wise?

User is offline   DuduKrazy 

are there any plans to make a better version of the shotgun?

User is offline   Parkar 

• Honored Donor

View PostDuduKrazy, on May 17 2010, 04:50 AM, said:

are there any plans to make a better version of the shotgun?

It's kinda been planed since I did the first version. I never seem to get around to it though. The steep fov makes it a pain to model. I had workaed aout a way to do it and get it to look good technicaly but never get around to doing a new better model. In otehr words if there is someone out there that wants to make it but has been waiting for me to do it please go a head.

The solution to solving the foc issue I was going to use was to scale the depth of the gun down after all the animations have been done. Not sure how well this would work when using polymer though.

This post has been edited by Parkar: 17 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostRoma Loom, on May 17 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

The HUD devastator is ready, waiting for polymer HUD, the Freezer is in progress... also I had pipe-bomb somewhere...

Awesome! the freezer always bugged me one of the reasons was it was in a completely different position to the original.

Hopefully someone will make a new Laser Trip-mine too .. the trip mine has problems

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options