Duke4.net Forums: Installation Guide for Official Add-ons - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation Guide for Official Add-ons  "Answers to all your expansion pack-related questions!"

User is offline   croser 

I used this
eduke32 -jExtrem -xDKEXGAME.CON -gEX.GRP
the folder "Extrem" contain (DKEXGAME.CON , DN3DUSER.CON , DN3DDEFS.CON , EX.GRP)
also the "EX.GRP " include pack14,I used "XGroup" to pack it

What's wrong then?

User is offline   Skulldog 

View Postcroser, on Nov 11 2010, 05:32 PM, said:

I used this
eduke32 -jExtrem -xDKEXGAME.CON -gEX.GRP
the folder "Extrem" contain (DKEXGAME.CON , DN3DUSER.CON , DN3DDEFS.CON , EX.GRP)
also the "EX.GRP " include pack14,I used "XGroup" to pack it

What's wrong then?

Try this
eduke32 -jExtrem -gEX.GRP

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Copy and paste the lines that say "include [...].CON" in the top of DKEXGAME.CON into a post here. You are going to want to make them say:

include DN3DDEFS.CON
include DN3DUSER.CON

User is offline   croser 

include DN3DDEFS.CON
include DN3DUSER.CON

I try to put 3con files located inside "pack14" dir in eduke32,the game work only with original episode from atomic edition
I managed to get all other addon to work including dukezone2

another attempt,I rename "DKEXGAME.CON" to "GAME.CON" inside "Extreme" folder that I create previously,then used:
"eduke32 -jExtreme -gEX.GRP"
the same problem occurred
Does the grp file I previously made that include only pack14 folder from the apocalypse cd content is the problem,or I have to add extra file to it?I try to add
I create grp file from "SPMAPS" ,"PACK14" and "DMMAPS" ,by creating afolder and put all the files from them in it,then run "Xgroup" program

Some one help me

Does not have any new Episodes. Just a weapons mod. The real Duke Extreme uses a launcher
with windows 95,98, and Me. Which Allows alot of settings for player, monsters, weapons, game
settings. It modifies the game cons settings to do this. Without the Launcher it's just a Weapons
Mod. Would be great if someone could make a New Duke Extreme Command Center that works
with Xp, and Vista. Is the source code for this available?

User is offline   croser 

But I have previously download a rar file containe Extreme inside with only extreme grp,bat and EXGAME.con and it work in windows xp,I try to get this work on eduke32 to be able to use mouse and see some high resolution textures
I guess I have to wait for some one to create a launcher for eduke32 in future , or some hero will appear and save my duke

User is offline   Lunick 

http://www.4shared.c..._CON_FILES.html these con files have episodes in them if you cant be bthered making one on your own

And also Hendricks266 - For all the add-ons, you might as well wait until I release them all as freeware/abandonware within a few months. The only really legal (CS-teacher approved) method would be to scout around on eBay, etc.

How is this going?

This post has been edited by Lunick: 12 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Right now, I'm only waiting for Joe Wilcox to give me the final OK to release Nuclear Winter and Deadly Kiss.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHendricks266, on Nov 13 2010, 04:19 PM, said:

Right now, I'm only waiting for Joe Wilcox to give me the final OK to release Nuclear Winter and Deadly Kiss.

Ok thanks for the update, and what about making the addons work with Dukeplus?

This post has been edited by Lunick: 12 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

User is offline   croser 

View PostLunick, on Nov 13 2010, 08:30 AM, said:

http://www.4shared.c..._CON_FILES.html these con files have episodes in them if you cant be bthered making one on your own

And also Hendricks266 - For all the add-ons, you might as well wait until I release them all as freeware/abandonware within a few months. The only really legal (CS-teacher approved) method would be to scout around on eBay, etc.

How is this going?

It's work fine now,Thank you very much
May I suggest you to edit the main post (Guide) and put link to these con file (in the main page for this thread)
Now I get 8 addon to work perfectly on eduke32
I will duke it out

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLunick, on Nov 13 2010, 12:34 AM, said:

Ok thanks for the update, and what about making the addons work with Dukeplus?

Nuclear Winter and Caribbean "work" with DP, in that they load. However, none of the new enemies are integrated into the DP system, and I would prefer that integration be made easier from the DP side. The footstep code also needs more moddability. The Duke DC code in DP also needs to be split out. There's more stuff in addition to this, but personally, it's low priority. I'll sooner set up an SVN for the HRPs.

Deadly Kiss is for SW, so that won't be integrated with DP. :blink:

View Postcroser, on Nov 13 2010, 07:59 AM, said:

May I suggest you to edit the main post (Guide) and put link to these con file (in the main page for this thread)

Will do.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

About Duke Extreme, I'm actually working on making it easily compatible in Eduke32, even with other mods. Unfortunately, since I'm working on this, you'll see it released when Duke Nukem Forever comes out. when Lynyrd Skynyrd returns with their original lineup.

• Weaponized Autism

Could you also work on the Duke!ZONE map packs, beyond the episodes included in the CONs?

View PostHendricks266, on Nov 13 2010, 01:19 AM, said:

Does this mean that you have a copy of Deadly Kiss?

http://www.facebook....lcox/1162912201

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 15 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

• Weaponized Autism

:blink:

Wrong Joe Wilcox BTW.

View PostHendricks266, on Nov 15 2010, 08:49 PM, said:

:blink:

Wrong Joe Wilcox BTW.

:blink: , Glad to here that. Hope Joe gives the ok soon. When was the last time you heard anything?

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 16 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   croser 

View PostSkulldog, on Nov 16 2010, 06:32 PM, said:

:blink: , Glad to here that. Hope Joe gives the ok soon. When was the last time you heard anything?

I play duke3d with dosbox,It's really nice to play the original game,It's give the old day feeling,I hope HRP get closer to the original game

User is offline   ---- 

I think I found a bug with Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach Plus and the latest eDuke.

In the Episode Life's a Beach the doors won't open when you press Enter. It works in the other Episodes of Duke Carribean and with older eDukes.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHendricks266, on Nov 14 2010, 11:22 AM, said:

Could you also work on the Duke!ZONE map packs, beyond the episodes included in the CONs?

What do you mean? Put the bonus maps into episodes, or something?

• Weaponized Autism

View Postfuegerstef, on Dec 28 2010, 01:55 PM, said:

I think I found a bug with Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach Plus and the latest eDuke.

In the Episode Life's a Beach the doors won't open when you press Enter. It works in the other Episodes of Duke Carribean and with older eDukes.

Not the latest EDuke32.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Dec 28 2010, 02:05 PM, said:

What do you mean? Put the bonus maps into episodes, or something?

Something like that, also to round up the maps off the disc/folder structure. You didn't say exactly what you're doing with Xtreme.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Well, with Xtreme I wasn't particularly worried about the maps, but rather the new .CONS. After I got the structures and groundwork done, I'm gonna need someone who can help with me either hacking the original Command Center, or write a new version of it. I believe the original Command Center was used for the extra maps as well, so I guess functionality for Duke!ZONE, or any maps for that matter, could be added in.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 28 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Dec 28 2010, 07:29 PM, said:

Well, with Xtreme I wasn't particularly worried about the maps, but rather the new .CONS. After I got the structures and groundwork done, I'm gonna need someone who can help with me either hacking the original Command Center, or write a new version of it. I believe the original Command Center was used for the extra maps as well, so I guess functionality for Duke!ZONE, or any maps for that matter, could be added in.

A Command Center remake would be great. It should also have the ability to launch all addons\tc's\mods\Duke Plus\Nw Plus\Caribbean Plus and Supply
Power for the whole world. I might be able to make a new one. I started one, but stop when I saw how many CON files would be needed. As I am Con
challenged.

BTW Hendricks266, any word from Joe Wilcox on NW, and Deadly Kiss?

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 19 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I may very well make a new Command Center as I continue to learn programming.

No word from Joe. I'll post it when I get it.

User is offline   Mateos 

Hello,

First, I've read the whole thread, and I post because I've seen 3 or 4 ways to install Duke! Zone 2 and Xtrem.

Duke! Zone 2 runs fine, I've removed my old unworking GRP and CON files. But Xtrem...

I've extracted the right folder, renamed the CONs in the PACK14 folder, then downloaded and put the CONs to have episodes in the same one. I've made a batch file:
EDuke32.exe -j DKXTRM\PACK14 -j DKXTRM\SPMAPS -j DKXTRM\DMMAPS

Then starting EDuke32 with no folder and no autoload folder. I've the original one :/ The .log file chows the command line param, but it loads the original CONs. I can upload it if needed, but I guess I've done something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Mateos.

• Weaponized Autism

Post log.

User is offline   Mateos 

Hello,

OK, there it is.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Mateos 

Found what's wrong: just remove the spaces between -j and args. Maybe edit the first post?

• Weaponized Autism

Done.

User is offline   fgsfds 

How can I use polymer_hrp folder with DC? For DC I use this .bat
eduke32 /gDUKEDC.GRP /gdukedc_hrp.zip

But if I add /jpolymer_hrp to it, DC's HRP doesn't work.

• Weaponized Autism

That's because NightFright uses a system where the duke3d.def inside the zip is supposed to override the normal one, but such a file in a folder overrides all in .zip files. I avoid this problem in my HRPs with a batch file and the "-h" command line parameter with a differently-named .def file.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 14 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options