Duke4.net Forums: Installation Guide for Official Add-ons - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation Guide for Official Add-ons  "Answers to all your expansion pack-related questions!"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDanM, on Aug 22 2010, 07:50 AM, said:

I think we could hand out duke in dc, see here its been up for 1332 days, with a disclaimer here that says

If you, are the copyright holder, or an employee of the copyright holder, and you do not want any of the titles available here to be distributed, then please contact us and we will remove the link immediately.

All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders

I really don't think there will be a problem, that site is #7 on google search for "duke it out in dc" so you don't need to go to great lengths to track it down either, as far as i know the only way to make money on it is to sell it second hand on amazon.

Whats the worse that could happen? they tell us to take it down and we do, oh noes god forbid it could help sell more gog copies :wacko:

I have every BUILD add-on ever made packaged and ready to go on Dukeworld. All Sunstorm add-ons have been declared abandonware in an email from Anthony Campiti, and I'm waiting on Joe Wilcox for a legit freeware release for NW and a release on Deadly Kiss for SW before everything goes live.

Necro edit: I reviewed the email in question and here is the exact quote from Anthony Campiti: "I'm sorry to say but the answer to all of your questions is No... We have long since moved past those original products." I can no longer stand by my assertion of abandonware status.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 05 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostHendricks266, on Aug 22 2010, 09:18 PM, said:

I have every BUILD add-on ever made packaged and ready to go on Dukeworld. All Sunstorm add-ons have been declared abandonware in an email from Anthony Campiti, and I'm waiting on Joe Wilcox for a legit freeware release for NW and a release on Deadly Kiss for SW before everything goes live.

Great to hear Good News! Can't wait for Deadly Kiss for Shadow Warrior. :wacko:

User is offline   Stabs 

sounds good to me :wacko:

Duke in DC is too good to get thrown to the wolves

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSkulldog, on Aug 22 2010, 10:41 PM, said:

Can't wait for Deadly Kiss for Shadow Warrior.

I can't either, but unfortunately he hasn't sent me anything yet, he hasn't been active on the Epic forums since May 18, and he hasn't responded to any emails or even a myspace message.

• Weaponized Autism

double post

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 18 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

• Weaponized Autism

There may be hope after all—I've found Joe's facebook.

You should go live on Dukeworld with all the sunstorm addons anyway. Then just add the other 2 addons later.

Or Not.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 24 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

• Weaponized Autism

It's the same logic as why the MOTHER 3 English translation team didn't release a WIP patch--few would see the final version, all the hype would be about imperfection and twice daily you would get emails from concerned noobs.

View PostHendricks266, on Aug 24 2010, 05:52 PM, said:

It's the same logic as why the MOTHER 3 English translation team didn't release a WIP patch--few would see the final version, all the hype would be about imperfection and twice daily you would get emails from concerned noobs.

No, I mean the non Hendricks266 Versions. Maybe put Iso images up.

• Weaponized Autism

Of course, I know exactly what you're talking about. Especially since no one gives half a shit about NW anyway.

My packages are 7-Zip archives of the CD's root directory. I don't think that the add-on CDs warrant CD images.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 25 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

View PostHendricks266, on Aug 25 2010, 05:55 PM, said:

Of course, I know exactly what you're talking about. Especially since no one gives half a shit about NW anyway.

My packages are 7-Zip archives of the CD's root directory. I don't think that the add-on CDs warrant CD images.

I like NW, and NW Plus. True CD only needed to play it the old school way in dosbox.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSkulldog, on Aug 25 2010, 05:31 PM, said:

True CD only needed to play it the old school way in dosbox.

You can mount a folder as a disc.

View PostHendricks266, on Aug 25 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

You can mount a folder as a disc.

Good to Know.

User is offline   Mateos 

Mount a folder with the command cd <nameoffolder> in DB. The name of folder is limited to a certain number of letters, I don't remember exactly how many, but just name it dn3dnw for exemple.

Personaly, I've this:
[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup. (mount D I:\ -t cdrom)
keyb fr
mount C F:\Jeux_DOS\
C:

I've just to write cd blood then blood to launch the Blood game in the Jeux_DOS folder. DOS does not support spaces, I guess you know this :wacko: This way let you have several games easily.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

DOS allows a maximum of 8 characters in folder and filenames (not counting a 3 character extension).

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

Ok, I copied my Nwinter files to a folder and mounted it. Works fine in dosbox. Duke caribbean Installs ok in dosbox, but
I get a runtime error with Carib.exe under dosbox. The Nwinter startup screen was so cool back in the day.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 26 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

so working on a way to install Duke Zone yet?

• Weaponized Autism

It's a few seats back on my bus. You could help me by analyzing what each file extension is.

View PostLunick, on Aug 30 2010, 08:16 AM, said:

so working on a way to install Duke Zone yet?

Correct me if I am wrong, but DukeZone1 is just a Dos Map Launcher.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSkulldog, on Aug 30 2010, 07:03 PM, said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but DukeZone1 is just a Dos Map Launcher.

Sorta, but there's more to it.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 30 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

View PostHendricks266, on Aug 30 2010, 09:31 PM, said:

Sorta, but there's more to it.

I got The Apocalypse CD witn DukeZone2, But I never got my hands on DukeZone1.

Hey guys, i take it this is the thread that has ALL of the official duke 3d released that are compatible with the latest high res pack?

I really just want to buy everything...like all of it, but only if its compat with the high res mod, which- on that note, im trying to find a great high res sound mod to enhance the sound if thats been done? I couldnt see anything.

So do i go to GOG.com or something to buy all the expansions?

I wish i could track down the box release of ...i think it was atomic pack or plutonium pack that had a free t shirt and everything.

Can anyone direct me to an omni-download? Or is it literally just one at a time sort of thing...

Thanks guys, hope i havent trod my noob feet on too many toes here.

• Weaponized Autism

GOG.com only sold/sells Duke 3D Atomic, without any expansions.

There are no (good) high res sound mods, but there are great music mods.

For all the add-ons, you might as well wait until I release them all as freeware/abandonware within a few months. The only really legal (CS-teacher approved) method would be to scout around on eBay, etc.

User is offline   Stabs 

so how is deadly kiss, i was reading up on it and it sounds like more than a couple of maps, and how complete is it?

• Weaponized Autism

I don't have the files yet and won't for some time.

User is offline   evidence-a 

Hi... .

I´ve searched the web for houers but i cannot find a tutorial to install the Plutoium pak. I´ve got it on cd but, like i said, i can´t find any directions how to install it with eduke32.
Could u help me with that?

View Postevidence-a, on Oct 12 2010, 03:35 PM, said:

Hi... .

I´ve searched the web for houers but i cannot find a tutorial to install the Plutoium pak. I´ve got it on cd but, like i said, i can´t find any directions how to install it with eduke32.
Could u help me with that?

If you have Atomic v1.5 you don't need it.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostSkulldog, on Oct 13 2010, 12:40 AM, said:

If you have Atomic v1.5 you don't need it.

Otherwise have a look at this thread:
http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=2720

User is offline   croser 

View PostLunick, on Aug 23 2010, 12:29 AM, said:

Duke Xtreme

Insert your Duke Xtreme CD, Kill-a-Ton Collection Disc 3, or Duke: The Apocalypse CD into your CD-ROM drive.
Copy the DKXTRM directory from the CD to your EDuke32 directory.
In DKXTRM/PACK14, rename DKEXGAME.CON to GAME.CON, DKEXDEFS.CON to DN3DDEFS.CON, and DKEXUSER.CON to DN3DUSER.CON.
Run EDuke32 with these command line parameters: "-j DKXTRM\PACK14 -j DKXTRM\SPMAPS -j DKXTRM\DMMAPS".

I have "The Apocalypse CD ",fortunately,I've be able to run dukezone2 with eduke32 but extreme run perfectly,but when I enter the episode menu,the original one from atomic edition appear,I try to include all pack14 folder to grp and run eduke32 with this command:
eduke32.exe -gExtreme.GRP
Any help ?

• Weaponized Autism

You need to include the -x parameter for the CON file. It may be "-xDKEXGAME.CON".

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options