Duke4.net Forums: Installation Guide for Official Add-ons - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation Guide for Official Add-ons  "Answers to all your expansion pack-related questions!"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Did you download the SVN repositories to a subdirectory of DUKE3D? As long as it is in a subdirectory (any depth) it should recognize your GRPs.

User is offline   chelray1 

View PostHendricks266, on 27 February 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Did you download the SVN repositories to a subdirectory of DUKE3D? As long as it is in a subdirectory (any depth) it should recognize your GRPs.

Yeap I sure did. Then I placed the grps at the root duke3d and the bat file did not see them. Where do they need to go??

Oh maybe you have to rename eduke32.exe into duke3d.exe which is the standard name of DN executable, or you may copy and rename it. All classic and old mods (with .bat files) need that name.

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 27 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostRichardStorm, on 27 February 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Oh maybe you have to rename eduke32.exe into duke3d.exe which is the standard name of DN executable, or you may copy and rename it. All classic and old mods (with .bat files) need that name.

Ok I got it to work. I had to copy the grp file into the same directory as the actual .bat file.

However, I still have issues, I have to select Duke Plus as the customegame content directory in order to load. Is this correct?

• Weaponized Autism

It's hard to say. If you could, please attach your eduke32.log and the results of Batch Script Errors.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 27 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostHendricks266, on 27 February 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

It's hard to say. If you could, please attach your eduke32.log and the results of Batch Script Errors.

Deleted the log file to long

This post has been edited by chelray1: 28 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I said attach, not include that horrendous wall of text in your post.

Here is your solution: If you want to play with Duke Plus, run the DP batch file. Otherwise, deselect it from your game_dir dropdown box.

View PostHendricks266, on 27 February 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I said attach, not include that horrendous wall of text in your post.

Here is your solution: If you want to play with Duke Plus, run the DP batch file. Otherwise, deselect it from your game_dir dropdown box.

BUT thats just it, I DONT want to play it with Duke Plus, When I select None or anything else , it CRASHES at startup.

So my question is how do i setup Nuclear Winter and Vacation to NOT use Duke Plus>?

This post has been edited by chelray1: 27 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

• Weaponized Autism

First, your EDuke32 is painfully out of date, update to something more recent.

Second, please attach your log file when you get the crash while running _Debug.bat.

View PostHendricks266, on 27 February 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

First, your EDuke32 is painfully out of date, update to something more recent.

Second, please attach your log file when you get the crash while running _Debug.bat.

Ok I downloaded the 708mb version 5 and installed it and everything is working perfectly...

However why is there only half an RPG???? This looks stupid..is there a fix?

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

I believe he meant you should download this:

http://dukeworld.duk...120227-2391.zip

Definitely not 708MB.

View PostMblackwell, on 27 February 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

I believe he meant you should download this:

http://dukeworld.duk...120227-2391.zip

Definitely not 708MB.

aah ok, I reinstalled V4 and then upgraded to this zip and everything works...

However the Duke It out in DC intro screen does not show up, nor does the music play..how do i fix this?

Well To fix all my problems I did a clean install of V5 and installed the override pack!! that fixed it everything! -- polymost_hrp_override-5.1.295.zip

• Weaponized Autism

You should definitely install v5 instead of v4, it's just that you seemingly didn't comprehend what I said. I'm glad it works for you.

Also, please please please search for your questions instead of asking them. There have been multiple threads about the Polymerized RPG.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 28 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

Please help, I thought I would give Duke Nukem HRP a shot. The file I downloaded was Polymer HRP v5.1 FULL SFX 708 MB because it said "Self-extracting archive with everything needed to play". However the one thing it doesn't contain are the instructions on how to install it? What I did learn from the readme.txt file was that it was supposedly easy to install. Can someone please tell me where to copy the files and how to install it since it doesn't come with any useful installation documentation?

Thankya

P.S What I have done so far is I manually created a folder called autoload inside my Duke3d directory and I copied both polymer_hrp.zip & polymer_mus.zip into the Autoload folder. But that's about as far as I have gotten because everything else just doesn't look right. I have a feeling that I am missing another download or something. But of course it doesn’t tell me if there are prerequisites that I need because this hefty download contains "everything needed to play". I'm confused.

I also want to make sure the version of Eduke I am using is not dictated by this HRP. I want to run the latest Eduke while running HRP. Hopefully this is possible?

As we speak i am now downloading Polymer HRP v5.1 ZIPFILE (608 MB) just incase I need that too. I just didn't want to use up any more site bandwidth than I had to.

Okay I think I figured it out. I just needed to check the autoload option in the Eduke Loader for it to recognize my autoload folder. Its really too bad theres no decent documentation on this. It is pretty easy but no one really explains the process properly.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 31 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

• Weaponized Autism

The other thread was better... this thread is for the Duke expansion packs.

Open polymer_hrp.zip and if you see things like a highres/ folder, good, just drop that in autoload/. If there is another huge zip file inside it, you will need to extract it into autoload/.

Next, make sure your root directory is free of the files duke3d.def and duke3d_hrp.def.

Finally, make sure autoload is enabled and you are running in 32-bit mode with models and textures enabled in video settings.

If all else fails please attach your eduke32.log using the forum attach feature.

User is offline   Nim 

Is the HRP required for using your enhanced expansions and is it possible to run the original expansions as they were without having to connect to a SVN and download a lot of files? I am currently trying to get the caribbean expansion to run on eduke32. I have a fairly recent version (May 19 I believe) but not the HRP. I copied the ssi files from the CD and followed the instructions in the wiki. This created a vaca_plus folder in my eduke32 folder with sub-directories vaca_plus and vacation. The installation seemed to have gone without a hitch but when I run the caribbean.bat file Duke3d will crash within seconds of starting. Eduke32.log contains entries for missing resources such as high res sprites, textures, etc.

User is offline   Mateos 

Can you post the entire log?

I don't have all the latest files, but I made a ZIP of vacation folder and some other stuff from SVN and it works like a charm, after have extracted the Kill a Ton content and followed the guide as you did :/

User is offline   Nim 

I solved the problem. I downloaded the HRP according to its install instructions and that got rid of all missing resources errors but the game still crashed seconds after starting. It turned out to be the demos playing in the menu background that crashed the game (plays fine in atomic). I moved the demo files to another map and the game works.

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm going to post this here since it is related to Duke Xtreme.

I need someone to fix a map in this add-on called Helicopter. Here are some screenshots to show the problem:

Posted Image
This is the door in question, once you get the blue key you can use it here. However, when you use it nothing happens. You do hear an elevator effect but the elevator door simply does not open.

Posted Image
Before the key is used.

Posted Image
After the key is used.

This isn't completely game breaking but this is the path the player is meant to take, you can bypass this by getting a jetpack and flying over a nearby fence though.

I've tried using the latest version of eduke, an older version of eduke and running the game in Dosbox but the problem still persists.

I've attached the map in question to this post (rename it to .map instead of .txt) and I am going to assume that is fine because in the text file for the map, it doesn't say that Sunstorm Interactive made the map so I assumed they nicked it anyway.

I have also attached the DN3DUSER.con for Hendricks to replace one of the fixed con files in http://wiki.eduke32....tallation_Guide This just adds the correct level names from the readme files. Nothing big but little things like that irk me.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lunick: 11 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

User is offline   Jottle 

Anyone know if it's possible to install the add-on hrp packs for the steam magaton version of duke3d? I haven't seen any guides anywhere.

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostJottle, on 14 April 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Anyone know if it's possible to install the add-on hrp packs for the steam magaton version of duke3d? I haven't seen any guides anywhere.

Megaton is based on JFDuke port, so the HRP wouldn't look that good(?) (Or even be supported "that good"?); Better have a EDuke32 instal with HRP and a "clean" Megaton install IMO :)

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

New addon installation guide (short version):
- Install Megaton via Steam
- Copy over vacation.grp, dukedc.grp, nwinter.grp to your EDuke32 dir (be sure to use recent EDuke32 snapshot)
- Uninstall Megaton via Steam (<-- important! xD)
- Select the addon you want to play from EDuke32 startup window
- Enjoy

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You don't need to copy any files or uninstall anything...

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am aware of that. ^^ At least it's great that you don't have to lose the selection menu in case you want to uninstall Megaton.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

Here the latest build only detected the nwinter.grp which now appears on launch with duke3d.grp and wwii.grp :/ It worked well for a friend (The 3 add-ons detected), dunno why...

• Weaponized Autism

Only the Megaton version of dukedc.grp and vacation.grp are detected by the startup window, at least at present. No dukedc.grp has ever been distributed before. nwinter.grp from Megaton is identical to the CD release.

However, I may look into directly adding support for the SSI files to EDuke32 and other versions of vacation.grp.

User is offline   jarreboum 

I just bought the Steam Megaton edition, seeing it was in beta for linux (meaning I could use the Steam client to download it). How do I use my files with the linux version of eduke32? it was installed on a 12.04 Ubuntu with the apt.duke4.net repository.

I have my ~/.eduke32 folder containing
damien@damien-901:~/.eduke32$ ls
autoload    DUKE.RTS     grpfiles.cache  nwinter.con   textures
duke3d.grp  eduke32.cfg  nwactor.con     nwinter.grp   textures.cache
dukedc.grp  eduke32.log  nwdes.con       settings.cfg  vacation.grp

When starting it correctly finds the .grp stuff
damien@damien-901:~/.eduke32$ eduke32
EDuke32 2.0.0devel r3214 
Compiled Nov 20 2012 08:53:48
Using /usr/share/games/eduke32/ for game data
Using /media/16Go/bin/duke3d/ for game data
Using /home/damien/.eduke32/ for game data
Initializing SDL system interface (compiled against SDL version 1.2.14, found version 1.2.14)
Using "x11" video driver
Searching for game data...
 Checksumming dukedc.grp... Done
 Checksumming nwinter.grp... Done
 Checksumming vacation.grp... Done

However they don't appear in the game tab nor within the game itself. What am I missing? The wiki isn't very helpful for linux users.

And the checksum is only done once, when the files are first added or modified. I suppose this is normal.

This post has been edited by jarreboum: 10 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

User is offline   Jottle 

View PostHendricks266, on 16 April 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Only the Megaton version of dukedc.grp and vacation.grp are detected by the startup window, at least at present. No dukedc.grp has ever been distributed before. nwinter.grp from Megaton is identical to the CD release.

However, I may look into directly adding support for the SSI files to EDuke32 and other versions of vacation.grp.

I'm trying to get the duke it out in DC addon to be recognized by the mac version of eduke32. I've tried a bunch of different versions of the mac eduke32 app, but none of them will recognize the dukedc.grp file in the "games" list in the startup window. I've tried dropping dukedc.grp in the main eduke32 folder as well as my "autoload" folder, but no luck. The windows versions correctly identifies the dukedc.grp when I put that grp in the eduke32 folder no problem. Is it possible to get these megaton addon grp's working on the mac verison of the eduke32 app? The latest mac version of eduke32 has a bug where it doesn't even display to startup window. So I've been using svn3648 to select my games/addons/settings.

Greetings, if people aren't burnt out helping troubleshoot, i have problem w/ trying to run Never winter see attached pic

I used directions for Duke: Nuclear Winter & Manual GUI Method (Windows)

I put nwinter.grp file in same directory as NWinter.bat...don't know what other info i need to post for help, noob.

Posted Image

I just discovered this awesome mod & wanted to play after going thru eduke :P

This post has been edited by fleetlordatvar: 06 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options