Duke4.net Forums: Is there any other non-listed sector effector aside 40 and 46? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there any other non-listed sector effector aside 40 and 46?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You know that visible floor / clear water trick from using SE40
and other part by using SE46.

Is there any other non listed sector effectors. Can't find info in Eduke32's wiki.

If yes list em plz and what they do?

User is offline   Cage 

I only know of the Lameduke leftovers like the buggy escalator, or the boss ship. For all tags go here: http://infosuite.dukerepository.com/index....references_tags

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

There are a couple of useless unfinished ones in the 100+ range, but I don't remember what they are. :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Since this thread is already here, I'm wondering when some kind of semi-official or so documentation is actually going to be written on the SE's 40 and 40. I mean, I've tried tinkering about with it without success, and the ror.map doesn't help. I'm sure there are others in the same boat just dying to pump out some ROR but are holding back due to lack of understanding. Maybe if some more example maps of different situations of ROR were included people would be able to cross reference them to work out what's similar and what's different and how that changes things ingame. But if someone's going to write such an explanation, can it please not be "well it's simple, SE 40 does (insert 5 or 6 words here) and SE 46 does (insert 4 words here)"

Thanks in advance (hopefully)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Sector Effector 40 are weird.

If the map elevation is too low it will act funny.
I learned that by doing experiments.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostMicky C, on May 4 2010, 05:31 AM, said:

Since this thread is already here, I'm wondering when some kind of semi-official or so documentation is actually going to be written on the SE's 40 and 40. I mean, I've tried tinkering about with it without success, and the ror.map doesn't help. I'm sure there are others in the same boat just dying to pump out some ROR but are holding back due to lack of understanding. Maybe if some more example maps of different situations of ROR were included people would be able to cross reference them to work out what's similar and what's different and how that changes things ingame. But if someone's going to write such an explanation, can it please not be "well it's simple, SE 40 does (insert 5 or 6 words here) and SE 46 does (insert 4 words here)"

Thanks in advance (hopefully)

There's no real documentation except what came with cDuke3D (which is where it was ported from).
http://www.users.on....iforce/cduke3d/

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

That's not accurate. The current ROR is something I wrote from scratch a while back.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Do you you mean the cDuke documentation is not accurate or can we still use it?

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostTX, on May 4 2010, 02:59 PM, said:

That's not accurate. The current ROR is something I wrote from scratch a while back.

Apologies, I'd just thought you'd ported it. Maybe that was me. Hell if I know anymore.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options