Duke4.net Forums: DukePlus ideas - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DukePlus ideas  "my ideas and views of dukeplus"

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

there should be a non-hrp version. i like Dukeplus. but would perfer it to have a non-hrp version.
here is the idea for the graphics:

-cruiser shotgun: DN64 shotgun

-MP5: could be uzi from shadow warrior, or smg from DN64?

-chaingun battlelord- get rid of it.

-gravity gun from DN64

all features other should remain, but there should be a setting to make it to where you dont have to use hrp.

oh and the sawn off can be from blood..

just some ideas.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Would feel kinda cheap to borrow the art from games we all are familiar with. It's different with custom 3d models which are abundant.

Also, what's the point of opening a new thread when there's a perfectly fitting thread for DP related topics?

• Honored Donor

what is the point in asking?

sorry, i just got here. so i'll be sure to look now.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMr.Gerolf, on Apr 24 2010, 11:56 AM, said:

but there should be a setting to make it to where you dont have to use hrp.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE HRP

Posted Image

See? DukePlus without the HRP. This is the way I have always used it, unless I am playing a map that was specifically made for the HRP.

Having 8-bit art versions of the DukePlus weapons would be nice, but as I've explained before in other threads, it would take some work and I have other priorities.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 24 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Haven't played enough to be familiar with the battlelord's street sweeper, but if an alternate weapon is plausible, I'd say replace it with a M240B that uses a hundred round belt before needing reloading. Maybe an M203PI grenade launcher to mount on the MP5, and as an alternate shotgun: the AA-12 automatic with a twenty round drum.

User is offline   necroslut 

There are sprites in the similar mod Nuclear Showdown that would fit.

• Honored Donor

View Postnecroslut, on Apr 24 2010, 12:53 PM, said:

There are sprites in the similar mod Nuclear Showdown that would fit.

the download link for it does not work.

• Honored Donor

i can seek the graphics. i have graphics of the DN3D shotgun being reloaded. but it would need some editing to the arms.
i also have some other graphics that would work. i'd need an ok from the dukeplus crew. i can make a file with all stuff.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMr.Gerolf, on Apr 24 2010, 12:59 PM, said:

i can seek the graphics. i have graphics of the DN3D shotgun being reloaded. but it would need some editing to the arms.
i also have some other graphics that would work. i'd need an ok from the dukeplus crew. i can make a file with all stuff.

The main problem is not the acquisition of the 8-bit graphics (though having suitable art would be helpful). The problem is that the display code is written specifically for the models, and it won't work with 8-bit art. For example, the entire shotgun reload animation is considered to be 1 frame of art internally. All the display code would have to be recoded for the 8-bit art, and I would have to add menu options for switching between 8-bit and models for the weapons. At that point I had might as well just make them completely different weapons, because the amount of work is about the same.

User is offline   lawl 

Hmm.
Shader 3.0 in eDuke would be awesome.
Then i think we need new models of the monsters (and animations).

Sorry for my bad English. :P

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostAtlas555, on Apr 24 2010, 04:21 PM, said:

Hmm.
Shader 3.0 in eDuke would be awesome.
Then i think we need new models of the monsters (and animations).

Sorry for my bad English. :P

I thought it already ran on 3.0 :D

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

You know when you get the banner at the top that tells you that you are using DukePlus and to hit a key to get your options?

Can you include what that key is in the banner, so that you don't have to get back out of the game, open the menu, find out what the key bindings are and then restart the game?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTea Monster, on Apr 24 2010, 02:40 PM, said:

You know when you get the banner at the top that tells you that you are using DukePlus and to hit a key to get your options?

Can you include what that key is in the banner, so that you don't have to get back out of the game, open the menu, find out what the key bindings are and then restart the game?

Including the key up there is a good idea. It wasn't possible at the time I first coded it, but it is now.

BUT... you don't have to leave the game to find out what the key bindings are! Just press Esc, and in the EDuke32 menu select OPTIONS -> KEYBOARD SETUP and then find DUKEPLUS MENU and set it to whatever you want.

User is offline   lawl 

View PostNfelli64, on Apr 24 2010, 02:12 PM, said:

I thought it already ran on 3.0 :P

Hadnt got much time when i write this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options