Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Kill-a-Ton collection - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Kill-a-Ton collection  "cd variations"

Hey
I have two different killaton boxes/ one is a one piece flip top box with 3 cds and a game guide/
The other box is basicly a 2 piece box with a lid containing 2 cds.

my question is about the 2 piece box with 2 cds. Is here supposed to be a 3rd cd in this set? Am thinking that there should be a guide cd and or a pamphlet as such. I have cds 1 and 2 and the pamphlets for this set..

I really am not sure what is supposed to be in these two variations of killaton games.

User is offline   Lunick 

Im sure there should always be 3CDs so whereever you bought it you should take it back

Thx for the reply.
Some duke games when you open the box there is cardboard where its kind of cut out where the cd fits into..
This box in question has the cardboard insert with 2 cutouts that the two cds fit into.. Am not sure where the 3rd cd would be? The game wiazrds cd, did they just shove it in the back when new? lol/
The 2 cds i have, there is a red circle in the lower left corner with 18 in it. Like for 18 years old i guess/
So is it missing a wizards cd with a 18 in a red circle in the lower left corner?
AM not sure if this set came with a game wizards booklet either?

I just looked at a online auction site and did see a killaton collection like mine and that one also has only 2 cds. Am not sure if i can post a link to auctions here>? Maybe they are missing the 3rd cd also?
Yeah am trying to find out what came in these games in the first place. :P :D

This post has been edited by Remotecontrol: 20 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

User is offline   Iggy 

UK or US release? I bought the US release new and sealed and I'm pretty sure it comes with 3 cd's. I can give you a final answer when I get home.

Edit;
Guess I was right;

- Duke Nukem 3D Kill A Ton Collection 3 cds + instructions
- Duke Nukem 3D Kill A Ton Collection BOXED

This post has been edited by Iggy: 20 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

User is offline   supergoofy 

Yeah, the Kill-A-Ton Collection has 3 CDs.

The first has the Duke Nukem 3D, both version 1.3D and Atomic Edition version 1.5.
The second has a tutorial or something like that, I cannot remember.
The 3rd CD has the Duke It Out in D.C., Duke Xtreme and Duke!Zone 2, i think. Nuclear Winter isn't a part of Kill-A-Ton Collection unfortunately.

Sorry but I'm bored to go and check the CDs now. But believe me if you find the retail/boxed version in good condition and with all the 3 CDs, then it does worth to buy it.

Also I think in some regions that the Kill-A-Ton Collection was altered and had only 2 CDs, but I'm not so sure. I don't even know if it was indeed the real retail or some pricks created a custom version. I never got copy of the 2 CD version, if it ever existed.

Conclusion: Be careful with all those offers, they may not be the real boxed Kill-A-Ton Collection.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 21 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

I found this on ebay

Game Description
Duke Nukem 3D Kill-A-Ton Collection consists of

Disc 1
Duke Nukem 1
Duke Nukem 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Plutonuim Pak
Duke Level Editor

Disc 2
Duke Windows 95 Themes and Screen savers etc.
Duke It Out In D.C. Mission Pack
Duke Extreme - 50 extreme levels
Duke! Zone II - 3 over-the-top episodes
Arctic Assault - Alien Abbey - Monkey Shines

I used to have one like the version above, I still have it around somewhere. It came in this box that was twice as wide as a recular big-box.

I wish I knew where that thing had gone. I know where one of the discs are, but that's about it. We get ripped off a lot in Europe, because I've never seen Blood come with the second disc either.

User is offline   Iggy 

Posted ImagePosted Image

^ On the left you have the US release which comes with 3 cd's, the one on the right is the EU release which comes with 2 cd's.

Thanks folks... good deal... It seams to me that what was actually produced is vague :P
when i get a chance ill post a pict of what i got. AM curios on what a fake release is for duke Nukem cds.
NIce picts Iggy

User is offline   Iggy 

And if you're not scared of freaky eBay sellers you could always buy the cd-roms here.

This post has been edited by Iggy: 05 May 2010 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostIggy, on May 6 2010, 01:49 AM, said:

And if you're not scared of freaky eBay sellers you could always buy the cd-roms here.

Now I have seen everything! :P
Posted Image

User is offline   NY00123 

I've got long ago the collection with two CDs, the wizard one being excluded.
The first time I noticed something a bit wrong (or so I recall), is when I spotted that the second CD has a label of disc number 3 (in the file manager). I guess it's a left-over from the 3 CDs variation.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 05 May 2010 - 07:37 AM

User is offline   Pimz 

Hi everyone !
First, thanks for this explanation of the number of CD's

If someone is selling his Kill-a-ton collection at good price, please send me a private masage :P
I'm looking for it for my father, great fan of Duke :D

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postwalker4409, on May 8 2010, 07:57 PM, said:

I really doubt that you want a private massage,in that case you´d be in the wrong forum

Why, if it wasnt in a private message we would have bidding in some forum because I would like the Kill-A-Ton collection too

User is offline   Pimz 

yes, just typed the wrong letter.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options