Duke4.net Forums: Cacooned babes don't die when shrunk and stomped - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cacooned babes don't die when shrunk and stomped

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I don't know how old this bug is, it might be ancient or it might be recent. It happens with the original CONs and with the most recent build available in the synthesis folder. This movie demonstrates:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gcRLCSFtyZg

User is offline   Lunick 

Yup happens to me too, I wouldnt have even thought about doing such a thing

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

yeah, I have reported this thing a week ago on #eduke32 channel. It was a total wtf to me.

User is offline   XThX2 

You kill babes ? ...

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Thanks for the bug report, the issue has been identified and fixed now.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Had a similar problem with a commander. Shrunk it, but didn't get to it in time to step on it. It never expanded back to it's normal size and it started shooting rockets while still in it's shrunken state. It couldn't be stomped, but it was shootable with weapons.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostForge, on Apr 18 2010, 04:54 PM, said:

Had a similar problem with a commander. Shrunk it, but didn't get to it in time to step on it. It never expanded back to it's normal size and it started shooting rockets while still in it's shrunken state. It couldn't be stomped, but it was shootable with weapons.

That's a CON bug, not a source code bug.

User is offline   Forge 

Then it's a dukeplus con bug

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostForge, on Apr 18 2010, 07:05 PM, said:

Then it's a dukeplus con bug

I'm not able to reproduce that...commanders behave as they should when I shrink them. I do see a possible loophole in the code (which also exists in the vanilla CONs by the way) whereby a shrunk commander hit by an explosive has a chance to respond by shooting. Once the commander starts shooting it will resume it's normal behavior without regaining normal size.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 18 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Makes sense. There was another commander behind it so it probably shot the shrunken one.

User is offline   Franpa 

View PostDeeperThought, on Apr 19 2010, 01:43 PM, said:

I'm not able to reproduce that...commanders behave as they should when I shrink them. I do see a possible loophole in the code (which also exists in the vanilla CONs by the way) whereby a shrunk commander hit by an explosive has a chance to respond by shooting. Once the commander starts shooting it will resume it's normal behavior without regaining normal size.

And you would be right, it does indeed also happen with the original con files.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options