Duke4.net Forums: Release Date Confirmed? - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release Date Confirmed?

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

#1

"The new Duke Nukem game will be released on July 1, 2007 and it has been claimed, according to PC Gamer Magazine.

Duke Nukem Forever has been mooted for around a decade by George Broussard, one of the surviving members of the original Duke Nukem development team since their days of PC gaming domination.

However with the company (3DRealms) recently completing a relatively successful and trouble-free game entitled "Prey", they are still confident that the game will be completed by next year.


According to claims in PC Gamer Magazine last week, Duke Nukem Forever has officially been scheduled for an American release date of July 1, 2007.

Earlier in the week, a cryptic statement from the company backed up such speculation, insisting "there are 38 Sundays left between now and the release."

Taken from gamespy.com

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but i thought it might be interesting

This was posted before Scott Millers podcast tho :)

Oh and has anyone seen this?

DNF Time Line - Clicky
0

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

  • Honored Donor

#2

X3NOMORPH, on Nov 6 2006, 12:06 PM, said:

"The new Duke Nukem game will be released on July 1, 2007 and it has been claimed, according to PC Gamer Magazine.

Duke Nukem Forever has been mooted for around a decade by George Broussard, one of the surviving members of the original Duke Nukem development team since their days of PC gaming domination.

However with the company (3DRealms) recently completing a relatively successful and trouble-free game entitled "Prey", they are still confident that the game will be completed by next year.
According to claims in PC Gamer Magazine last week, Duke Nukem Forever has officially been scheduled for an American release date of July 1, 2007.

Earlier in the week, a cryptic statement from the company backed up such speculation, insisting "there are 38 Sundays left between now and the release."

Taken from gamespy.com

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but i thought it might be interesting

This was posted before Scott Millers podcast tho  :)

Oh and has anyone seen this?

DNF Time Line - Clicky
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


There's a new magazine issue out already? B) Can't wait to read about this. I love it when there are DNF articles in PC Gamer.
0

User is offline   St3amb0 

#3

B) what, okay keep cool, nothing cofirmed B)
i need more input, more input, do you have a serious source?

omg, if i remember correctly i have voted for a 1. july release in the poll some time ago. omg omg omg :)


hey x3nomorph, haven't you postet the news on 3dr-forums???

and btw, the one who has a scan of the pcgamer-article, please post!!!!!!!! B)
0

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

#4

i aint joined up to the 3dr forum, it never got sent me a conformation message each time i signed up, so i gave up ^^

you can post it if you like, i dunno if its true tho, i found it on numerous message boards, im just trying to find the official article :)
0

User is offline   St3amb0 

#5

X3NOMORPH, on Nov 6 2006, 11:23 PM, said:

i aint joined up to the 3dr forum, it never got sent me a conformation message each time i signed up, so i gave up ^^

you can post it if you like, i dunno if its true tho, i found it on numerous message boards, im just trying to find the official article  B)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


yes thx i posted it!
But july the 1th is a sunday :) i would say it's a fake! B)

btw the original article is in the pcgamer, or not?!
0

User is offline   Micki! 

  • Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

#6

X3NOMORPH, on Nov 7 2006, 12:23 AM, said:

i aint joined up to the 3dr forum, it never got sent me a conformation message each time i signed up, so i gave up ^^


Joe have had some server problems with 3DR currently, might that be why you never got a confirmation..?
http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=23040

On a more relevant note, i find this info interesting... It's too bad the magazine is unlikely to find in any of my local stores, but i might look anyways...

In the end i would have to live with scnas of it, but i woud rather want the actual magazine (it's been a while since i bought an issue of PC Gamer)
0

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

#7

dunno, i don't have it, but im gonna look for it tomorrow B)

ah thanks Micki, ill sign up later :)
0

User is offline   Yatta 

  • Pizza Lawyer

  #8

If I remember correctly, someone posted that at a Gamespy/Gamespot forum as a joke. Scott Miller's podcast implies the very opposite of what that article claims.

edit: But you know, I hope you're right. I'm just as much in anticipation as you are. :)
0

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

  • Honored Donor

#9

Yatta, on Nov 6 2006, 04:35 PM, said:

edit:  But you know, I hope you're right.  I'm just as much in anticipation as you are. B)


So am I. :) I always get PC Gamer late, so I didn't know anything about an article in the magazine, but it was likely that they were going to write something about DNF soon. They already had a timeline in a previous issue where they said that they thought 2007 was the year. B)
0

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

#10

I really hope so! :)
0

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

#11

St3amb0, on Nov 7 2006, 12:27 AM, said:

yes thx i posted it! 
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Without looking, I bet it has been locked/deleted already B)
If not, it will :) You should know by now how they receive such threads there.
0

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

#12

yep its gone :) thats why i would rather post it here
0

#13

Yes but George actually responded to the thread saying something like "Believe me we would tell you" or somesuch.

So this is(I thought that was obvious) a hoax.
0

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

#14

ah i see :)
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options