Duke4.net Forums: user maps to recommend? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

user maps to recommend?

User is offline   DuduKrazy 

does anyone know of some nice user maps? i'm looking for 3DR/Levelord-styled city, space and moonbase maps.

please consider the following restrictions before recommending:

- no slime babes (any of them).*

- no impaled babe**

* i get somewhat tense from seeing them even in the original duke 3d maps.

**when i first saw that particular unused sprite, i got very freaked out. it's so scary that
i don't want to end up seeing such thing on user maps.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Tons of good maps available at my site (see Hot Maps) in any order you want. You can sort the list according to map theme, for example.

View PostDuduKrazy, on Apr 12 2010, 05:13 PM, said:

* i get somewhat tense from seeing them even in the original duke 3d maps.

**when i first saw that particular unused sprite, i got very freaked out. it's so scary that
i don't want to end up seeing such thing on user maps.

Get help.

User is offline   supergoofy 

KaiseR Land episode:
http://forums.duke4....p?showtopic=791

I don't remember if it had slime babes etc.
I created this episode using the three KaiseR Land maps by KaiseR.
And also I created a patch to make it work with DukePlus.

I highly recommend this TC.

Also take a look at Duke Nukem: Attrition
http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=1942
It's really awesome!

Also Last Reaction & Water Bases TC and the Chimera addon are also excellent classic TCs.

Starship Troopers TC is also awesome:
http://dukeworld.duk...rrent/tc/ssttc/
I created the addon from various maps.

Moonbase Accident episode and WGSpace Episode are also great. But I cannot remember if they have slime babes etc.

By the way, looking forward for you next version of your guns (IV)

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 12 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

both the attrition and the starship troopers mods are awesome. (although i noticed two bugs with the former one***)
as for the kaiser land, moonbase accident and wgspace episodes, i'd rather watch a few videos on youtube before downloading.

- eduke32 crashes when i kill the Alien Queen.

- for some weird reason, i get outside of the map boundaries, and consequently killed. (squish!)
this seems to happen mostly when i'm attacked by the red protector drone thingy. (the one that does some gravitational pull/push attack)

I created this episode using the three KaiseR Land maps by KaiseR.

how do you make episodes from user maps? i want to make one for myself.

By the way, looking forward for you next version of your guns (IV)

aaargh! you've blown my not-so good cover! :P hehe

anyway, my mod is on a temporary hold. i'm running short on ideas.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDuduKrazy, on Apr 12 2010, 09:34 AM, said:

both the attrition and the starship troopers mods are awesome. (although i noticed two bugs with the former one***)

Describe them (in the appropriate thread) so I can fix.

User is offline   Jblade 

This isn't related but like supergoofy I really liked your weapon mods for Doom :P Keep up the good work!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Not to invade this thread or anything, but I've been looking for the first map in the Red series called "The Long Road". I searched multiple times on MSDN and multiple other sites and couldn't find that specific map. I didn't want to waste a whole nother thread just for this little request.

This post has been edited by Radar1013: 12 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostRadar1013, on Apr 12 2010, 11:31 PM, said:

Not to invade this thread or anything, but I've been looking for the first map in the Red series called "The Long Road". I searched multiple times on MSDN and multiple other sites and couldn't find that specific map. I didn't want to waste a whole nother thread just for this little request.

It's in the Maps section. The filename is redduke.zip in case you want to download it from Dukeworld (2001-current folder should have all msdn maps) instead of Fileplanet.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I still wasn't able to find it at MSDN after another search, but I did in fact find it at Dukeworld. Thanks you so much for replying. :P

This post has been edited by Radar1013: 12 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

User is online   Sangman 

lol, took me 2 seconds:

http://msdn.duke4.net/mapredduke.shtml

maps - CTRL + F :P Though admittedly having to use CTRL + F isn't very professional, but hey, Mikko's a duker and not a webdesigner so screw you if it bothers you! :D

This post has been edited by Sangman: 12 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Yeah, that's internet for dummies material.

back to the topic, do you know of other sites to download user maps? i only know MSDN and the Duke Repository. even if there's a map or two with the said things i want to avoid, i think i can use the grpviewer to find out whether or not that particular tile is in a map.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostDuduKrazy, on Apr 13 2010, 07:59 PM, said:

back to the topic, do you know of other sites to download user maps? i only know MSDN and the Duke Repository. even if there's a map or two with the said things i want to avoid, i think i can use the grpviewer to find out whether or not that particular tile is in a map.

The bitches are in tiles005.art file. Simply open it with a program such as DukeRes and replace the sprites with anything you want. Keep the modified tile in your duke3d folder at all times and you never have to see the bitches again and no need to practice caution with what maps you can download.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 13 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

ok. but what about the sites? is there any other besides the two ones i mentioned?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

The internet is full of crappy, inactive sites that offer crappy Duke3D usermaps. Besides the two sites already mentioned, there is nothing worth mentioning. You can go to my site and check the buttons at the top of the news page for links to old Duke3D mapping sites that are no longer active.

User is offline   Jblade 

I remember somebody else posted about how the slimers freaked them out, and then I think DT posted some code to get rid of them. It might be worth searching the forums for a topic like that.

I remember somebody else posted about how the slimers freaked them out, and then I think DT posted some code to get rid of them. It might be worth searching the forums for a topic like that.

i can't seem to find it.

This post has been edited by DuduKrazy: 13 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

List of links:

Where to download duke maps-DN-R

Where to download duke maps -AMC

User is offline   NNC 

If you want levelordesque city maps, play Sewer and Sweeney (although they are buggy as hell).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options