Duke4.net Forums: "Duke Nukem's Day Off" Latest movie/comedy - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Duke Nukem's Day Off" Latest movie/comedy  "'When he's not out kicking ass, he's out to get some!&"

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

A movie idea that I didn't think was possible to do on my own. At least 2 months of filming, editing gigs of takes, sound files, game demos, the 30 sec recording limit of Fraps, and the toughest battle of all was won against the only movie editor I have to put it all together, Windows Movie Mangler!
After all that, it's finaly done!
It's a comedy about our hero, Duke Nukem with a day off, (yes, he really does get one every now and then!) and what he likes to do in his free time.

It features the HRP which makes movies like this look great. EDuke32, a must, Yang for the networking needed to record the action and most of all, DeeperThoughts Duke Plus. Since this movie was to be a comedy, it was the Duke Plus mod that really made this non-action packed Duke Nukem movie work so well. Thanks DeeperThought for the mod and the con editing help, and the rest of the Duke Nukem community. Oh, gotta mention 3DRealms, thanks for Duke. But most of all, the biggest thanks of all goes to my buddy Commando Nukem. This wouldn't have even been a thought if it wasn't for everything I learned from him. And BTW, we're working on some real good shit, so look out!
For now, get a laugh and watch...
Duke's Day Off

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's great, as I've said elsewhere. You might want to reduce the animation speed on the player model so it matches the footstep sounds better. You can do that easily by changing the fps parameter in the appropriate def lines for the model.

I thought about doing something like this, but including some monsters as talking characters. You could do that either with some modified monster code that changed their behavior (so they don't shoot etc), or if you don't need them to move around, just place non-actor tiles in maps from the monster animations.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDeeperThought, on Apr 10 2010, 09:57 PM, said:

It's great, as I've said elsewhere. You might want to reduce the animation speed on the player model so it matches the footstep sounds better. You can do that easily by changing the fps parameter in the appropriate def lines for the model.

I thought about doing something like this, but including some monsters as talking characters. You could do that either with some modified monster code that changed their behavior (so they don't shoot etc), or if you don't need them to move around, just place non-actor tiles in maps from the monster animations.

Give this man a cookie.

View PostDeeperThought, on Apr 11 2010, 12:57 AM, said:

View PostCommando Nukem, on Apr 11 2010, 01:04 AM, said:

Give this man a cookie.

Along with a tall ice cold glass of milk!
Thanks guys, you make doing things like this worth while!

User is offline   Lunick 

The gun thing was hilarious hehe

User is offline   Spiker 

Maybe one day I will try to record something like this myself because it's awesome. But I will probably ask you to record some lines :P

View PostLunick, on Apr 11 2010, 07:14 AM, said:

The gun thing was hilarious hehe

That actualy happend by mistake! Of all things, it became one of the best parts of the movie.

View PostSpiker, on Apr 11 2010, 07:44 AM, said:

Maybe one day I will try to record something like this myself because it's awesome. But I will probably ask you to record some lines :P
"What are ya waitin for, Christmas?" :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options