Duke4.net Forums: Slow down the player? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Slow down the player?

User is offline   LAW 

Hello.

I am using steroids as an invisibility for Predator in AVP2 TC, but this trick has one drawback - the player is too fast then. Is there a way to slow him down when on steroids?

"Move PSHRINKING" and "pkick" during steroids don't help.

Of course I use Dos Duke as a base.

This post has been edited by LAW: 09 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I don't think you would get much luck with that using old DOS Duke, but then again I won't go into the debate like on 3DR as to why you should be using EDuke32 over Dos.

User is offline   SwissCm 

How about we debate on how much of an idiot LAW is. I vote 100% idiot.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I vote 110%. It's always good to strive to push your limits!

wtf? Ok, I admit my original plan for WGR2 was to work with dos duke, but it became a million times better once we started using eduke32 and I would never go back.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Isn't this a little uncalled for, guys? (I'm almost certain I must've missed something in the past here)

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 09 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

There's no real reason to limit yourself to DOS Duke, but of course there's also no reason to be forced to use modern commands either. It's LAW's TC at the end of the day.

In anycase as far as I can remember there's no way of removing the steroid's speed effect on the player in non-Eduke.

This post has been edited by James: 09 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

User is offline   LAW 

Thanks for the real answer James.

Anyway, I see the mighty TerminX hasn't change his attitude yet. I have planned to insert your name in my readme, as a mark of peace. But you seem to be not worth of it.

Speaking of idiots. I am really impressed by the job made by Duke's source port authors, like you TerminX. Having the source code for so long and still making buggy ports... What a shame. I would make a better port in two months. Pfff... Look for the Zdoom if you want to see a good port or GLQuake which was made in no-time. Instead of teaching everyone, acting like a only child from the Beverly Hills' family focus on improving your Eduke32. You don't have enough courage to show your real name. You are nobody, you just doesn't exist - that's why this is the first and the last time I take part in your lame squabble.

Isn't it strange? You seem to search & answer to every post of mine, on every forum. Get laid, man, find a girl or masturbate more often :P

This post has been edited by LAW: 10 April 2010 - 06:07 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

1 Actually his name is not a mystery, you can find it in some places but it doesn't have to be obstrusive.
2 He has a wife so the last point is a complete miss.
3 Yes they are mean but they are right about not using dos port anymore.
4 You're welcome to write a better port, I think everyone would be happy.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 10 April 2010 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostLAW, on Apr 11 2010, 02:05 AM, said:

Anyway, I see the mighty TerminX hasn't change his attitude yet. I have planned to insert your name in my readme, as a mark of peace. But you seem to be not worth of it.

A typical come back it seems.

Speaking of idiots. I am really impressed by the job made by Duke's source port authors, like you TerminX. Having the source code for so long and still making buggy ports... What a shame.

What are these *bugs* you speak of? Unless you can say what they are then GTFO.
Oh and something like "you can hear foot steps on vent sprites is not a bug, thats an added feature.
If 3DR did this in the begging and you xDuke lovers would say that exact same shit if EDuke32 removed it. (go figure)

I would make a better port in two months.

Yet you don't know how to slow the player down when using steroids... Sure buddy. :P

You don't have enough courage to show your real name. You are nobody, you just doesn't exist - that's why this is the first and the last time I take part in your lame squabble.

This is taken straight from the EDUKE32.COM web page.

Created in August 2004 by Duke community leader Richard "TerminX" Gobeille

And it's been there for god knows how many years, maybe you should open your eyes next time before you speak.

Isn't it strange? You seem to search & answer to every post of mine, on every forum. Get laid, man, find a girl or masturbate more often :D

Again open your eyes fool.
http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=1519

Now what ever the fuck your problem with him is, I dont know. But you really should get over it because you will find more people are going to tell you to use EDuke32. I wounder why this is, maybe because it's better than any other port for DN3D out there, and you can't even come up with real facts or statements to say other wise.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 10 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostLAW, on Apr 9 2010, 02:25 AM, said:

Hello.

I am using steroids as an invisibility for Predator in AVP2 TC, but this trick has one drawback - the player is too fast then. Is there a way to slow him down when on steroids?

"Move PSHRINKING" and "pkick" during steroids don't help.

Of course I use Dos Duke as a base.

As you know, I would use the EDuke32 scripting system...but enough about that.

Using the old CON commands, you might want to try a substitute. In the player code, you could use:

ifp pducking ifhitspace
{
ifcount 50 { addphealth -1 resetcount } // player slowly loses health while cloaking
palfrom 28 0 0 0 // screen gets darker because light is bending around player
}

Then in the enemy code, you would use "ifp pducking ifhitspace" wherever you had "ifp ponsteroids" as a condition for the blind AI. The disadvantage is that the player has to hold down the space bar and crouch in order to cloak, but the good news is that the steroids item is still available for something else.

User is offline   LAW 

^ Nah, it's not a very good idea - thanks though.

What are these *bugs* you speak of

I have all the latest drivers and when I Alt+Tab and then return to eDuke in fullscreen I see the mouse cursor all the time. It just pisses me off and it's the only executable which does this. But I know why this does happen. Only TerminX knows how to code, while everyone else made a bad programs :P

Yet you don't know how to slow the player down when using steroids... Sure buddy.

I wrote a few mini-games in OpenGL. But do I have to know everything? I just asked for advice.

And it's been there for god knows how many years, maybe you should open your eyes next time before you speak.

No. I just don't care what his name is, just like I don't care for neighbour's dog name.

Duke community leader

I don't like to LOL, but it's MEGA LOL :D

Now I understand everything. He just looks like he behaves. And not everything which some over-sized emo says or shows is true. This is the Internet. But after watching these photos I believe. It's just too sad to be untrue :D

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostLAW, on Apr 12 2010, 03:06 AM, said:

And not everything which some over-sized emo says or shows is true. This is the Internet.

Clearly. I can't speak for how anyone else is interpreting your posts, but they seem to be a reflection of how you really feel about yourself more than anything. You're the one slinging feces here like a monkey at the zoo and you're certainly going far to perpetuate your reputation as the village imbecile.

I just don't understand your level of disrespect. Like me or not, EDuke32 has extended Duke modding to higher levels than were even thought of before and has delayed its death for the better part of a decade. What have you done, cried on forums because you think I'm an asshole? Boo hoo. Where's your contribution? What have you done for Duke? Oh, right, that's what I thought -- nothing.

Your contribution was to cry like a little bitch on the Internet and insult the author of a program you got for free because you ran into a bug in it. If anything is "MEGA LOL" here it's whatever the hell is wrong with you because something clearly is.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

the irony of it. Tx has past criminal history (bar fights, stomping stray animals, crimes against humanity, and such) and he's fighting with the Law

User is offline   4mikio2 

I just don't understand your level of disrespect.

How could I respect you if you don't respect me. But there is one thing for which I am very thanful. Thank you for support for WW2GI and NAM. That's the only reason I use Eduke43 from time to time. If you ever implement the Redneck or Blood support, then I will become your biggest cultist :P

What have you done for Duke?

A lot in terms of mapping and modding. This extended Duke's life a bit, a tiny bit. You can't overlook this. My old AVP TC had had over 1000 downloads on MSDN, over 3000 on Repository before it got removed. It's a small contribution, but it's noticeable.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

This is one giant ridiculous appeal to authority argument. If you have a problem with EDuke32 please post a specific crash report in this sub-forum, and be ready to post any related mod files that may be required for debugging (unless you can find an alternative crash). Please test against the latest synthesis builds, the latest "official" builds, and if possible build it from source on your own box.

If you continue to sign up under different names and unproductively insult individuals or projects your access to these forums will be restricted or removed completely.

Have a nice day. :P

(Note: Your account was never banned)

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 22 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options