Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Easter Eggs - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Easter Eggs

User is offline   Postal 

I just figured it all out. I might of had a bit of marijuana but ill tell you how everything works. The reason why you see Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, and terminator. Is because every single action hero in movies and games ( ohh yeah and doom) died but Duke, so he is the last person to save all of humanity.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostPostal, on Apr 1 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

I just figured it all out. I might of had a bit of marijuana but ill tell you how everything works. The reason why you see Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, and terminator. Is because every single action hero in movies and games ( ohh yeah and doom) died but Duke, so he is the last person to save all of humanity.

Not a bad explination. Though I honestly doubt the intention was ever to have any plot-related significance. More likely it was no different than the ripped jaws poster in Hills have eyes, or the Freddy hook in Evil Dead. Just kinda saying "Your thing wasn't nearly as awesome as our thing." <_< <_<

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

As Commando Nukem said, part of it was also 3D Realms giving the middle finger to other gaming franchises at the time. Who can forget E3L4's less than subtle "I ain't afraid of no Quake!!"

In the fourth episode, Duke also pays tribute to John McClane and Harry Callahan without implying that they've been killed off or are unworthy, so perhaps that partially bounces the "last action hero" theory, or perhaps not.

Edit: Fixed a comma splice.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 01 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You're reading too much into simple jokes. No plot intended whatsoever.

User is offline   Jinroh 

It is all a conspiracy, George Broussard wants to kill Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, iD software, and Bruce Willis. Then by their power combined he'll take over the world.

<_<

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 01 April 2010 - 09:23 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Yeah, then he will force everyone to work on DNF. And after another dozen years of bad project management Earth wil be closed down.

Then everyone in 3D realms became unemployed after working on a game that went nowhere and then Obama buys the source code and tries to socialize it.

yay randomness 2.0

User is offline   MrFlibble 

(Sorry for the bump) It is interesting to note that Duke Nukem 3D is on par with The Simpsons when it comes to various popular culture references (The Simpsons themselves having been referenced a couple of times in Duke). I think it was the first game to do so on such a large scale, while also being one of the first to go for greater realism of the in-game environment, attempting to protray real-life locations with great detail.

User is offline   zirkoni 

View PostPostal, on Apr 2 2010, 07:04 AM, said:

Is because every single action hero in movies and games ( ohh yeah and doom) died but Duke, so he is the last person to save all of humanity.

But you can find Duke's dead body in Blood, so the last person to save all of humanity is Caleb. :P

User is offline   supergoofy 

No, it was Duke's clone made by Aliens and already killed by Duke himself :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options